PDA

View Full Version : How to become better

nineball33
07-30-2004, 02:09 AM
Im ok at shooting pool but how do i play better if I wont to go an play better players

PoOn
07-30-2004, 02:16 AM
just practice...

Jimmy B
07-30-2004, 02:35 AM
Never fool around and always PAY ATTENTION.

JB

dr_billiards
07-30-2004, 02:35 AM
The easiest way to get better,is IMHO to play better players. Watch and you just might learn something.
Doc B

stickman
07-30-2004, 02:40 AM
Playing better players can help. Practice can help and also hurt you in some situations. Professional instruction can insure that you are practicing correctly, not just ingraining bad habits. You can take lessons from a professional or from the local poolhall shark. The professional instruction is usually cheaper in the long run. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
07-30-2004, 07:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nineball33:</font><hr> Im ok at shooting pool but how do i play better if I wont to go an play better players <hr /></blockquote>

You have to do many things. Watch the pros on accustats tapes, read books, do practice drills, work on refining your stroke and develope a style that suits you. You do have to play better players, also players from every nationality too. Down south has many strong players that have a unique style of play. Learn through every avenue you can. Find a qualified BCA instructor for lessons and set a goal for yourself. Also, take advantage of written progress to chart your goals. IMHO

Regards,

C.C.

nineball33
07-30-2004, 08:02 AM
I caint seem to get any better no matter how hard im trying ,making the cb mind is killing me in my mind

Chris Cass
07-30-2004, 08:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nineball33:</font><hr> I caint seem to get any better no matter how hard im trying ,making the cb mind is killing me in my mind <hr /></blockquote>

Nineball33,

You need to settle down brother. This game isn't easy but your making it way to hard on yourself. This frustration is normal and it will drive you crazy if you let it. Just keep it simple. Ask Scott Lee from the board when He'll be in your neiborhood and if he'd be willing to stop by and see you.

You can also look up a BCA qualified instructors list to see who's in your neck of the woods. Now, take the advice here and listen to it. Many good replies and take the one that fits your needs and see what can be done. Just don't go off without giving some a try. It'll pay off I'm sure. Were all here to help one another and your not helping. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~been there, done that /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

nineball33
07-30-2004, 09:03 AM
who is scott lee an how do i contact him ill try anything

Scott Lee
07-30-2004, 09:03 AM
Where are you located? I'd be happy to work with you the next time I come through your area...and I GUARANTEE that I can help you "make the CB mind you"! LOL.

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com)

nineball33
07-30-2004, 09:08 AM
in in Jacksonville Tx.903-589-7550

nineball33
07-30-2004, 09:10 AM
sorry when im online my phone is tied up let me know an ill hang up my puter through it out the window if ull come help me...lol

nineball33
07-30-2004, 09:14 AM
were are you from maby ill move their my love for pool is driving me more than crazyyyyyyyyyyy

Scott Lee
07-30-2004, 09:29 AM
I may be in E. Texas in Sept. If you're interested, check out my website, and email me. I'll keep your phone number and contact you, when I know I'll be near Tyler.

Scott Lee

Frank_Glenn
07-30-2004, 09:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> I may be in E. Texas in Sept. If you're interested, check out my website, and email me. I'll keep your phone number and contact you, when I know I'll be near Tyler.

Scott Lee <hr /></blockquote>

Scott,
The picture in your sig line is blank on my screen. You need to put your web site in your sig line, IMO.

Wally_in_Cincy
07-30-2004, 10:03 AM
nineball33,

If you possibly can, arrange a lesson with Scott. My fiance and I took a lesson from him last year and our games have both improved noticeably.

I was watching the tape of our lesson yesterday. Watching us play then I can see we both had much room for improvement. Listening to Scott's teaching again reminds me of the things I had no clue about before then.

Popcorn
07-30-2004, 10:17 AM
How much do you really play? When ever people come up to me and ask about improving their games I always ask how much they play. It is almost always the same answer, twice a week or on league nights. They don't put in enough time and that is why they only play at an average level. You need to be sure you have good fundamentals and know how to get the most of your practice time, as well a knowledge of playing the different games. Lessons will point you in the right direction but without a little commitment you will only improve to a small degree.

bill190
07-30-2004, 10:25 AM
Playing good pool is not playing good in general.

It is playing good at many different types of shots.

So work on and practice one specific type of shot for now. Say cut shots. Only shoot cut shots when practicing. Practice the cut shots which give you the most trouble.

Then after a few days, practice another type of shot which is giving you trouble.

When you have practiced and gotten good at all different types of shots, then you will be a better player overall.

Scott Lee
07-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Thanks for the suggestion, Frank! Btw, someone in Richmond has requested me to come there to do several lessons. When I do, I'll be sure to look you up, and we'll knock some around!

Scott Lee

Frank_Glenn
07-30-2004, 01:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> Thanks for the suggestion, Frank! Btw, someone in Richmond has requested me to come there to do several lessons. When I do, I'll be sure to look you up, and we'll knock some around!

Scott Lee
<hr /></blockquote>

Good Deal if I'm still here. I'm going to Fl. Aug 10th for a week or so, and will put the house on the market when I return (the trip is to find a new place to live, among other things). I will probably get a lesson, too. Let me know as soon as you have a firm date. I'll PM you my cell #.

nineball33
07-30-2004, 02:03 PM
go away mr lee is my instructor stop talking to him about going out of tx.....lol

T_squared
07-30-2004, 02:05 PM
This subject has been very important to me for the last month. After being an on-again, off-again rec player for several years I finally decided that I better make a real effort to become a good player before it's too late and my eyes get too bad, or my back gives out, or I just get too old and shaky! Just think.....if we'd all committed to make this effort 5 or 10 years ago, we'd have that many more years to enjoy playing with confidence and higher levels of success.

Anyway, along with Bill's advice to practice &amp; drill on various types of shots, I'd add the advice to focus on where the Q-ball goes after the target ball is hit. Try to remember what made the Q-ball drift down to the corner for a scratch..lol...and then try the same shot with different speeds, different amounts of follow and draw, and maybe play a little with left &amp; right english....although everything I've read suggests to hold off on the english until the basics are firmly established.

This is where reading how-to-play books, watching tapes, and eventually taking lessons will definitely speed up the learning process. But without the committment to invest lots of time hitting balls in practice and play, the improvement will be painfully slow or non-existant.

BTW...my 1st post....hope I didn't go overboard here /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Alfie
07-30-2004, 05:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>If you possibly can, arrange a lesson with Scott. My fiance and I took a lesson from him last year and our games have both improved noticeably. <hr /></blockquote>How often do you do the drills? I do them about once every three or four months. I am not improving. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SPetty
07-30-2004, 06:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> I may be in E. Texas in Sept.<hr /></blockquote>Hi Scott,

I sure hope you're not coming through TX while I'm in Virginia at the USOpen!!! I hope to see you again when you come through.. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
07-30-2004, 07:10 PM
Hi Alfie,

Maybe it's the drills your doing? I never used to drill till about 3 yrs ago. I mainly shoot about 11 shots or drills. In those drills I shoot many reps and it throws me off for about a week afterwards. Then, they kick in.

JAT,

C.C.~~mainly work on my stroke. I shot so far for this mth from 7/1 thru 7/29 3887 balls and I still have 2 days left.

Chris Cass
07-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Hi nineball33,

I know I recommended Scott Lee and I also want to recommend RandyG pool school in TX also. Do take advantage of Scott Lee when he's in the area but it would do you very well to attend one of Randy' courses too. That you may want to set for a later date or when he's scheduling classes. They both are extremely great teachers.

They paid me to say that though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif J/K

Regards,

C.C.~~move by me and you'll shoot to your fingers hurt. lol

Chris Cass
07-30-2004, 07:18 PM
<hr /></blockquote>

Good Deal if I'm still here. I'm going to Fl. Aug 10th for a week or so, and will put the house on the market when I return (the trip is to find a new place to live, among other things). I will probably get a lesson, too. Let me know as soon as you have a firm date. I'll PM you my cell #. <hr /></blockquote>

HUH,

Your going to Fast Larry for a lesson?

C.C.

Chris Cass
07-30-2004, 07:21 PM
Someone from CA going overboard? Naaa. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, welcome to the board T.

Regards,

C.C.

nineball33
07-30-2004, 07:27 PM
hey thx for all the info on becoming better i think ill need prayers too thx all

Rod
07-30-2004, 07:34 PM
3387, are you sure?

~~rod, over a hundred

T_squared
07-31-2004, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the welcome, C.C. - - - you folks really do offer a lot of pointers towards helping players get better! And after reading many posts over the last few weeks, your Board seems a little like going home....sometimes fun....sometimes cantankerous.....but always nurturing like a family environment.

Alfie
07-31-2004, 12:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>Maybe it's the drills your doing? <hr /></blockquote>I was referring particularly to the Scott Lee Daily Dozen (minus 7).

Do you remember asking me jokingly in the past, "I thought all you did was ask questions. Do you shoot pool too?" And I replied, "Actually, no." Well, I wasn't kidding.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>~~mainly work on my stroke. I shot so far for this mth from 7/1 thru 7/29 3887 balls and I still have 2 days left. <hr /></blockquote>Very good work ethic. Keep it up, young man.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
07-31-2004, 06:53 AM
Scott who? Never heard of him. Anyway, I am serious about the drill thing. There's so many drills one can find to do but I choose the one that fits my needs. I have had a problem with focusing. I'd go through the motions but yet, wasn't really focusing 100%. Well, to focus it has to be 100%. hahahha

I want to help you brother. Thanks for the young man comment. I appreciate it but, I look and feel way older than I actually am. I really want to help you out, if you let me? You've been a CCBer long as I can remember and I believe your a RSB guy too. I want to take care of our own. It couldn't hoit.lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
07-31-2004, 06:54 AM
LOL Yep, and I have the records to show it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C.~~my bro knows I'm just crazy enough to do it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nineball33
07-31-2004, 01:04 PM
hmmmmmmmm scott lee said $75.00 hour min 2 hours ....the E stands for east tx were still picking cotton at $0.25 a day down here do you have any instructions for around 2 or 3 bucks.lol let me know scott when you will be in the area an ill pay the money you wont i need to get better people keep running racks on me . well of to picking cotton

Chris Cass
07-31-2004, 03:35 PM
Hi nineball33,

Tell you a true funny story. There's this guy at the ph. He owns a $750. Jacoby Custom cue. I know what he paid because I watched him work it off. He's a "D+ low C" player. I've been watching him screaming unGodly names at the poor Diamond bar box as he misses.

I mentioned to him one day that Scott would be in town and that he should take advantage of it when he's there. I quoted the prices and told him that Scott was working on his Master Instructor qualifications.

He told me once he was going to take a lesson with Jeanette Lee. He was going to talk to her in Peoria when she got there. He was bringing his wonderful little girl. Anyway, Jeanette came and he went there.

Time went by and still he never mentioned it again. Scott had been in town twice now and about a yrs time span. My friend still cussing the Diamond tables and still going two and out in the tourneys at $5. a crack. He's lost atleast 40 of them as he enters most of the weekend things and some bar tourneys too.

He's since graduated from the cusing and now throws his cue down and steps on it. Slams the thing against the walls and sometimes kicking it across the room. One day, Spike was playing on the second Diamond and was waiting to shoot while, my friend was on the first playing with someone.

I was talking with the owner of the hall when we heard a loud crack on the table from a shaft and the owner turns and says without thinking, relax Spike. After seeing it was this guy and Spike was sitting down he felt awkward to say the least. I had a grin 2 miles long. hahahaha

Jeanette charges I think around a grand to teach along with the expenses of room accomodations and flight down. She's one of if not the highest paid pro out there. I know for a fact he could recoop his $150. for lessons with Scott in a short time with $50. being the average first place payout and $20. for second in these small events. It'll also help on the resale of his cue. LOL

Don't you just love this game? Especially, some of the priorities of it's players. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~charges $50. myself but refuses anyone that doesn't apply what I teach them. I'm not qualified nor do I do it for the money. I'd sooner work on my game. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

nineball33
07-31-2004, 04:51 PM
Well ive been playing in Jacksonville all the time and when i go to Tyler to gambel i just loose every time theirs a guy in Tyler that just kicks my but ... He is the one i wont to run over if i could just beat him i would know that i am at a level of playing that i wont to be at but he breaks an runs out an when i get to shoot im giving him ball in hand or leaving him straight in for the out... I dont know if ill ever be able to beat him im hitting the q ball 4 to 6 hours a day well i work at the pool hall so im hitting it always but wn im playing i try to do leaves an make the cb do just wat i wont it to do an when i think about it my mind goes blank an its like im trying to hard an think of to much at one time .... If i caint get any better i guess ill just quit pool is to much stress an i love the game just caint get better...... Thanks for listing to me cry........Daniel

Chris Cass
08-01-2004, 01:29 AM
Hi Daniel,

I think you answered your own question. Sometimes you just can't win against some opponents. It's aften mental too. The over thinking can also be responsible for many losses too. While in this over thinking mode your lose all track of rhythm and timing in your stroke and game.

If you have any hate built up inside over an opponent that can also hurt more than help. It seems to consume your thoughts and takes away from the level of concentration needed to win.

It's partly, the mindset that's getting you, in my humble opinion. The other half is your confidence level in your game. Both carry heavily in the game of pool. That's why they say that the game is 90% mental after you can make balls.

Here's what I think can cure your problem. Take it or leave it. I can't really say without knowing you or seeing you play. Nor, do I have the knowledge of the skill level of the guy Tyler. But here goes, try it and see what happens. If it doesn't work for you then, it will only be good for your game anyway.

1) Never go into a match playing the player. When ever your in a match it's with guys with names like Brunswick, Diamond, Valley, AMF ect. That's who your really playing. It's not like tennis, your opponent is in the chair. This repairs your Mindset. It also helps to know the rules of the game. There's only 2. Rule 1 is, control. Rule 2 is, run out or play safe.

I recommend this for your, confidence in the game. You have to shoot just one shot, 4000 times and in one mth. Document each 100 you do at a time per night. Don't shoot anything else but this shot till, all 4000 is completed. Then, take off one week, without picking up a cue. Then, go look up homeboy in Tyler.

When shooting this shot move the cb directly inline and straight-in. Move the object ball a tad each time not to wear a path in the cloth. Also, these should be shot at 100 min each time. These must be made shots in order to count. Have someone set them up for you and it goes quickly. When, your down on the ball try to think about your stroke and a smooth follow-through with the cue tip finishing on the cloth.

I shoot these with an average of a 4 stroke pattern. Cue is level and with the cue tip from 1/2 to 1" away from the cb your back hand should be at 90 degrees. This will guarantee your at mid-stroke when contact appears. Pause on your final stroke, long enough to recheck both the aim point and contact point on the object ball.

This shot will build your confidence and force you to focus on one ball at a time. That's all we really do when we play. The reason for the 1 week off afterwards is to free your mind. If you just shot immediatly after? You'd miss everything, believe me. The week off helps the change over.

Don't do this if your not going to fully commit yourself to this goal. It's not easy but will become easier as you get the first few hundred down. I've done as many as 400 in a session. After the first 2 hundred I'm deadly with them and won't miss maybe, 1 in the next 2 hundred.

I too am presently using this drill in preparing for the Open this Sept. Well, among a few others too. LOL I'm also working on my jumping skills so when I see Brady Behrman I can jump up easier to put him in a headlock. LOL That's another story. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I lost my Wei table out of my favorites so, I'll try to edit this post with the shot set-up after I post this first. If I can't I'll post it separatly.

Daniel, keep the faith brother and we'll get you right.

Regards,

C.C.

Spencer
08-01-2004, 09:30 AM
Chris Cass,

I have noticed a couple of threads where you have mentioned your drills, work ethic, and alsso the fact that you track and document your progress on these drills. Do you track your progress in excel or some sort of spreadsheet or how are you tracking your progress. If you are using excel or something I would love to see a copy of what you do, so maybe I could try to incorporate it.

I will second your comments and highly recommend lessons from Scott Lee. I will also say that if I am ever in the Quad Cities I would look you up for a lesson since you have a ton of knowledge and the patience to share your knowledge with everyone that you think you can help. Maybe I will at least run into you at one of the casino tournaments in the future, since I have seen Jesse and Jamie travel up this way.

Spencer

wantsumrice
08-01-2004, 11:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nineball33:</font><hr> Well ive been playing in Jacksonville all the time and when i go to Tyler to gambel i just loose every time theirs a guy in Tyler that just kicks my but ... He is the one i wont to run over if i could just beat him i would know that i am at a level of playing that i wont to be at but he breaks an runs out an when i get to shoot im giving him ball in hand or leaving him straight in for the out... I dont know if ill ever be able to beat him im hitting the q ball 4 to 6 hours a day well i work at the pool hall so im hitting it always but wn im playing i try to do leaves an make the cb do just wat i wont it to do an when i think about it my mind goes blank an its like im trying to hard an think of to much at one time .... If i caint get any better i guess ill just quit pool is to much stress an i love the game just caint get better...... Thanks for listing to me cry........Daniel <hr /></blockquote>

While your doing your drills you might want to work on putting some punctuation into your posts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I had a really hard time trying to understand what you were saying lol.

Anyways...Chris is totally correct in that whenever you "play someone" you aren't playing them, you are essentially playing yourself. Pool is much more mental than one would think.

~ivan

Chris Cass
08-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Hi Spence,

I use Microsoft Works. Thanks for the compliments but to be honest, I don't give lessons anymore. It's not about the money to me as much as it's about the student following through with what I'm teaching. I only basically charge because I do invest my time and if it were free and has been to few in the past. They've all seemed to not follow through. I even have had a student come back the next week for another. I wouldn't comply because I knew he didn't and couldn't have finished the first one.

I'm extremely selfish when it comes to my lessons and I find I get really crushed when anyone doesn't take them serious. That's probably why I'm not BCA qualified yet.

Anyway, thank you for the compliment. I would be willing to share the spred sheet that I do use and believe it's compatible with Excel. My drills are geared to the area in which I find my personal weaknesses. I find these weaknesses by a strick observation of my results through competition.

Funny, I use one simple drill for many things. The game is all about perception imho. So, when doing this one particular drill I go into it with a mind set of the area I'm trying to improve. I also have a drill that applies to so many shots that come up during every game. No matter the game. That is also perception and it works.

Anyone can chart their weaknesses and strengths. They can also chart their progress. Somewhat like an accustats form only dedicated to you personally. So many books on the market with many drills but many of us players don't know how to relate their play to them. So, they don't have a structured and detailed path to help them exceed.

You might get the drill but not the why you should, or the what it does for you. Some will say drills are stupid or rediculas or find them tedious. They'll say, just throw out a bunch of balls and just shoot. Maybe, say, just play the game.

Everything in pool imho is a drill. Playing the game is a drill. If you play more than one game in a row, it's repitition or a drill. The thing that most find so tedious is not the reps. It's the non-exsitance of a goal structured way to practice. This structure makes it not only interesting but is important in developing skill.

Unfortunately, I didn't get much education but the classroom is proof. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
08-01-2004, 12:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wantsumrice:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote nineball33:</font><hr> Well ive been playing in Jacksonville all the time and when i go to Tyler to gambel i just loose every time theirs a guy in Tyler that just kicks my but ... He is the one i wont to run over if i could just beat him i would know that i am at a level of playing that i wont to be at but he breaks an runs out an when i get to shoot im giving him ball in hand or leaving him straight in for the out... I dont know if ill ever be able to beat him im hitting the q ball 4 to 6 hours a day well i work at the pool hall so im hitting it always but wn im playing i try to do leaves an make the cb do just wat i wont it to do an when i think about it my mind goes blank an its like im trying to hard an think of to much at one time .... If i caint get any better i guess ill just quit pool is to much stress an i love the game just caint get better...... Thanks for listing to me cry........Daniel <hr /></blockquote>

While your doing your drills you might want to work on putting some punctuation into your posts. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I had a really hard time trying to understand what you were saying lol.

Anyways...Chris is totally correct in that whenever you "play someone" you aren't playing them, you are essentially playing yourself. Pool is much more mental than one would think.

~ivan <hr /></blockquote>

Ivan,

I believe you quoted someone elses post. However, what matters more? The content or the way it was written?

Regards,

C.C.

wantsumrice
08-01-2004, 03:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>
Ivan,

I believe you quoted someone elses post. However, what matters more? The content or the way it was written?

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Of course I believe content is more important. But then again, grammar doesn't hurt, or does it?

~ivan

nineball33
08-01-2004, 03:35 PM
wat drills were do i get the drills from i just through 1 -9 on table an shootem off over an over an as far as spelling an gramer goes im just a poor country boy who is pecking away at this puter an how i talk is real i say any thing im in love with pool an caint get better ive never seen drills to practice if i had a drill i would keep a record of my progress
rember im in the country i dont have boots but i shoot with a jenson

woody_968
08-01-2004, 04:05 PM
CC, Excelent posts on this subject! I find it strange how people will spend ungodly amounts of money on cues but wont pay for a lesson. We have a local guy that at one time carried a pro card, he would give lessons for $30 and people still thought it was too much!

I also agree with not wanting to give lessons to people that wont actually work on what they need to. I am wanting to start giving lessons around here, although the above example says I shouldnt /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif . Anyway, I want to pick a couple of locals to work with at first, then if I can help them I figure more will be willing to come to me. Its not so much the money as wanting to raise the level of play in my home town.

I also agree that many times people dont know what drill to work on. I have seen a guy in our room that comes in and puts a ball on each diamond, then tries to shoot em off. This drill is WAY above his level, I dont know many people that it would really help. At least not as much as other more attainable drills would help them with the time spent on something like that. Most people dont want to do the drills that really help them because if they dont understand what it is helping, the drills will seem very boring.

pooltchr
08-01-2004, 06:02 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> I find it strange how people will spend ungodly amounts of money on cues but wont pay for a lesson. <hr /></blockquote>

Isn't that the truth! I did get a call from a local doctor this week. He is an avid golfer, and told me when the time changes, he can't get out on the golf course after work, he thought pool would be a good activity to pick up. He got a $200 Viking and called me to set up lessons. He told me he did the same thing when he took up golf and it worked well for him, so why not do the same thing with pool.
Now here is a student that I am really looking forward to working with. Golfer (already has some hand-eye coordination), Educated (been through med school, so he knows how to learn), Great attitude (wants to learn properly from the beginning) and Doctor (He can actually afford to pay for lessons!!!)
Sounds like the perfect student! LOL

woody_968
08-01-2004, 06:08 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Sounds like the perfect student! <hr /></blockquote>

Only thing that could be better was if he was a she and she looked like Ewa, but I guess ya cant have it all /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wantsumrice
08-01-2004, 06:47 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nineball33:</font><hr> wat drills were do i get the drills from i just through 1 -9 on table an shootem off over an over an as far as spelling an gramer goes im just a poor country boy who is pecking away at this puter an how i talk is real i say any thing im in love with pool an caint get better ive never seen drills to practice if i had a drill i would keep a record of my progress
rember im in the country i dont have boots but i shoot with a jenson <hr /></blockquote>

I was just having fun with you man lol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

adc
08-01-2004, 07:05 PM
1. Pay for lessons
2. Play snooker for 2 years or more (with lessons and practice) /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nineball33
08-01-2004, 10:37 PM
i just lost 5 sets race to 5 missed balls in the pocket ...i dont know what drill to practice on to make me better any drills out their to train on???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????

Desprate pool player
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gifaniel

Chris Cass
08-01-2004, 11:15 PM
HAHAHAHA Grammer, Puncuation and Sentences and Paragraphs, has always elluded me. I'm terrible, but I am better than I used to be.

Started playing at 15 also working. Quit freshman yr of high school under family hardship. Farther had a heart attack and triple bypass. Took over the family Janitorial service. Ran it for 1 yr and after Dad recovered, he sold the business. Got my GED at 25 and my AAS in electronic at age 36. Not the best of education only I did return to try to better myself. I know you meant no disrespect and I'll try to do better.

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
08-01-2004, 11:23 PM
I do remember that Alfie. I also remember you being a big fan of the RSB board. LOL I could never forget you my friend.

I don't know Scott' drills. LOL We never talked about that stuff. We just meet when possible and shoot for as long as we can. We also went to VF this past yr and Scott drove. I drove his car for two stinken miles and I got a $166. ticket. Matter of fact, I just got a notice that there suspending my liceince if I don't pay it this next week. I was always under the impression. That if I never got caught driving in PA, I could stiff them. Wrong. HAHAHAHAHA

Regards,

C.C.~~likes NO. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wantsumrice
08-01-2004, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not the best of education only I did return to try to better myself. I know you meant no disrespect and I'll try to do better.
<hr /></blockquote>

Oh, holy cow man! That wasn't directed towards you LOL. Talk about miscommunication. But whatever grammatical errors I have seen here, I have seen at least 10 times worse on other forums. I'm just glad that you guys spell out most the words coherantly (or semi-coherantly /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif).

nineball, take it easy man, the road to success isn't a 3 step process...or 10 step /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ivan

Chris Cass
08-01-2004, 11:33 PM
His name isn't Sally though. LOL That would be too perfect. Oh, forgot about the wife. Sorry.

Regards,

C.C.