PDA

View Full Version : Media rooting for Kerry

Wally_in_Cincy
07-30-2004, 11:39 AM
Grueling Interview
“What were you like as a kid?”
“Was there ever any doubt about you going to college even though neither of your parents did?”
“Tell me about your wife. Where did you meet her?”
“Why did you want to be a lawyer?”
“I gather you were a hell of a lawyer.”
“I gather you’ve never been short of confidence.”
– All of the questions Peter Jennings was shown asking John Edwards in an interview played on the July 7 World News Tonight.

Media Will Put Kerry Over the Top
“Let’s talk a little media bias here. The media, I think, wants Kerry to win. And I think they’re going to portray Kerry and Edwards – I’m talking about the establishment media, not Fox – but they’re going to portray Kerry and Edwards as being young and dynamic and optimistic and all. There’s going to be this glow about them that some, is going to be worth, collectively, the two of them, that’s going to be worth maybe 15 points.”
– Newsweek Assistant Managing Editor Evan Thomas on the July 10 Inside Washington.

Even though Republicans such as RNC Chairman Ed Gillespie have praised John Kerry's military service, Dan Rather turned reality upside down when he interviewed Kerry for the CBS Evening News last week, asking the soon-to-be Democratic nominee if he "ever had any anger about President Bush, who spent his time during the Vietnam War in the National Guard, running, in effect, a campaign that does its best to diminish your service in Vietnam?" Even though Bush has done no such thing, Rather advised Kerry, "You have to be at least irritated by that."

When Dan Rather learned that Bill Clinton's National Security Advisor Sandy Berger was under investigation for taking top-secret documents out of the National Archives, he seemed less bothered by the potential crime and more upset that someone told the news media. "This was triggered by a carefully orchestrated leak about Berger, and the timing of it appears to be no coincidence," Rather complained on the July 20 CBS Evening News.

Rave reviews for the delivery, and mostly too for the substance, of Democratic Party presidential candidate John Kerry’s Thursday night convention speech. “This is the best speech I have ever heard John Kerry make,” CBS’s Bob Schieffer decided. “The best speech I've ever seen John Kerry deliver, by a mile,” echoed ABC’s Mark Halperin after George Stephanopoulos agreed Kerry “drew blood” with his remarks, pointing to how Kerry said “that he will wage the war with the lessons he learned in war. That's going to be tough for the Republicans to respond to.” ABC’s Dan Harris passed along how the look on the face of a Kerry speech writer was “rhapsody throughout.” Dan Rather championed how there was “an almost literal thunder inside the hall, shaking the Fleet Center in a way that it seldom shakes, if ever, even during a Celtics basketball play-off game.” To MSNBC’s Chris Mathews, “it may have been a home run.” An awed Tom Brokaw opined: “He opened his remarks by saluting this crowd and saying ‘John Kerry, reporting for duty.’ And on this occasion he fulfilled his duties.”

<font color="blue">LMAO

all this is from www.mrc.org (http://www.mrc.org)

I did turn on Rather last night after the speech just to see if he was having an orgasm. In all honesty he wasn't as ebullient(sp?) as I expected </font color>

Ross
07-30-2004, 12:24 PM
CNN and Fox both have Bush as the headlines today, not Kerry's acceptance speech. Damn conservative media bias! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

eg8r
07-30-2004, 02:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CNN and Fox both have Bush as the headlines today, not Kerry's acceptance speech. Damn conservative media bias! <hr /></blockquote> WooHoo, finally a media outlet that has its eyes open and sees the real deal. WTG Fox. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I guess we will have to wait for the ratings to come out and see if the good American people appreciated it. Man, can you believe, one media outlet that is not worried about the rest of the mainstream media. Fox should be proud. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r

crawdaddio
07-30-2004, 02:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Fox should be proud. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

This has got be a joke, right?

cheesemouse
07-31-2004, 05:38 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote crawdaddio:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> Fox should be proud. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r <hr /></blockquote>

This has got be a joke, right? <hr /></blockquote>

Yes, it a joke that Ed plays on himself...kind of like the movie "Ground Hog Day"...... /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

highsea
07-31-2004, 06:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I did turn on Rather last night after the speech just to see if he was having an orgasm. In all honesty he wasn't as ebullient(sp?) as I expected </font color> <hr /></blockquote>We'll chock it up to post-coital bliss... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

eg8r
07-31-2004, 09:57 AM
Well, while I do feel Fox is a better news outlet than CNN (their ratings compared to CNN proves there are more Americans that agree with me than don't), my entire post was in jest to continue the joke that Ross ended with.

eg8r