PDA

View Full Version : Moore to train his cameras on Florida

highsea
07-30-2004, 03:57 PM
Michael Moore has stated that he plans to take his cameras to Florida on election day. He claims that he will "insure that all Floridian's votes will be counted".

Speaking for myself, I would be pissed if Moore stuck his camera in my face at the polls. This smacks of voter interference to me.

Anyway, now that Moore is going to be the self-appointed watchdog in Florida, who is going watch Moore?

Chris Cass
07-31-2004, 12:06 AM
He won't be allowed within 200 yds of the poll. I think that's law?

C.C.

Popcorn
07-31-2004, 03:57 AM
Florida just became the goat. You could look at any state and find the same thing. The election system is pretty flawed throughout, but unless very very close it doesn't matter and no one questions it. Votes get lost, thrown out not even counted and that is just the way it is. I always laugh when they say you have to get out and vote. Yea, you have a bunch of uninformed people voting for someone they know nothing about, or is famous, like a movie star. Organized crime figures fixed elections years ago by just bringing people to the poles in buses and telling them who to vote for. They would empty out rest homes with people who didn't know their own names and take them to vote. How is what they do today any different from what they did back then? People like Al Sharpten load up buses at churches and tell the people who they should vote for and they do. The poll numbers change with the wind, people have no convictions, they will vote for the guy who has their attention on the last day before the election and could not tell you why. The politicians pander to the lowest denomination of the voters, they are the ones that can sway a close election and the least qualified to do so. Many people vote what used to be called a bullet vote. They just go down the ballot and vote for every person in their party. They don't even know who these people are and they vote for them. We have movie stars telling people who to vote for, and they do. Pretty wacky if you ask me.

highsea
07-31-2004, 06:06 AM
I dutifully /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif (lol) reported here earlier the fact that Kerry's (massive team of laywers) will be monitoring the elections in every state this year. Now MM will what, make a new documentary about the freakin' Florida count? What the F*ck happened to the law??? I would like to invite MM to Seattle on Nov 5th, so I can punch him in the fuckin' nose when he sticks his fuckin' camera in my face as I exit the voting booth. Pardon my Dutch, Q.

I just read the other day that it all boils down to 3 states. PA, FL, and one other, I can't remember which. You'd think 3 months prior , it wouldn't be so freakin' dialed in. It's an electoral college thing. We need to make electoral votes representative of the actual votes. No more of this all or nothing sh*t.

Every move the parties make from now to November is based on the polls. I wish we could make election polls illegal until after then election.

Even worse, us left coasters always get the short end of the stick anyway. The tv news always announces the winner by about 4:00 or 5:00 p.m.,(our time)and it's always a done deal. Why waste your time voting, when it's already settled?

The upshot is that the local issues never get a good vote, because the national issues are already settled. A lot of folks just skip the voting, because the national results are already called. Yuck. You'd think we could come up with a better way to report the results.

I've voted every year since I was 18, but never, NOT ONCE, have I had a say nationally. My votes are only for local stuff. I always beat up my friends, because they say that my vote is irrelevant, the national results are called way before our polls close. My only defense is that even though there may not be anything I want to vote for, there is sure to be something I want to vote against. But only on local stuff. But I keep voting anyway....I'm stubborn

Maybe I can convice 537 of my closest friends to move to Florida before November.

-CM

highsea
07-31-2004, 06:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> He won't be allowed within 200 yds of the poll. I think that's law?

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

For MM, it should be 2000 miles. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif