PDA

View Full Version : Tyson gets Knocked the "F" out in the 4th

Voodoo Daddy
07-31-2004, 04:05 AM
[b] Sad day for Tyson fans...Danny Williams put him on his butt and Tyson couldnt answer. Tyson complained of a twisted knee, maybe he should have complained of old age. At 38, its hard to compete with bigger/stronger men and thats not a knock on guy that tries at 38 but he cant accept that he isnt 28. Hat's off to Danny Williams, he may have set reality into the mind of Iron Mike. I'm wearing a black armband outta respect for Tysons prior ability. The only thing that could have made this worse is if Cuz D'Amato was alive to witness same..

Voodoo~~~sad today /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

highsea
07-31-2004, 06:35 AM
Tyson shouldn't even be fighting. He should be in the gray bar motel. Twisted knee my ass.

No disrespect to you, Voodoo. I appreciate hard to fade.
-CM

Cueless Joey
07-31-2004, 12:53 PM
When Cus and Mike Jacobs died, Tyson became a Don King slave.
Don King introduced him cocaine, booze and loose women to get to him. Tyson foolishly fires the last two people Cus brought to manage and train him ( Bill Cayton and trainer Rooney). Tyson went downhill from then ( losing to Douglas).
He was never the same really after the Douglas fight.
Don King messed up all the plans. Cus's plan was to make Mike fight every three months or so to keep him off the party scene. Become the youngest heavy champ ( he achieved that) and go 50-0 to break Marciano's mark and retire.

dg-in-centralpa
07-31-2004, 03:56 PM
It's a shame for Tyson. He could have had it all until Don King stepped in. Pound for Pound I think he was one of the best heayweights of all time.

DG - hopes Mike retires

cueball1950
07-31-2004, 10:14 PM
well first we have to get some facts straight. it was cus and Jim Jacobs who died. Don king did not have to introduce mike to cocaine, booze and women. I live in a medium size city(troy) just outside of albany ny. I used to manage a convenient store at the corner of hoosick and 10th streets called stewarts. Mike use to come up from catskill every weekend he was not fighting and go straight to 9th street in troy to score some coke. then he would stop at the store and pick up some booze for him and the ladies he always had with him. For a time mike was a part owner of a gentlemans club in albany called Di Carlos. we all know what a gentlemans club is. anyway, his drug and drinking problems were well known around the neighborHOOD. I just thought i would correct that misconception about don king introducing him to drugs, booze and women. and just to make things even clearer so people don't get the wrong idea. I cannot stand don king and think he is the lowest form of scum on the earth. Why is it every fighter who he "owns" goes broke. Larry Holmes was definately right. if you wanna fight,and earn some money, stay away from don king...jmho......mike

Cueless Joey
08-01-2004, 02:11 AM
CB, thanks.
The hell did I get that Mike Jacobs?
Jimmy Jacobs was a world handball champ and managed Mike.
Along with Bill Cayton. Teddy Atlas once trained Mike of course and was fired.

cueball1950
08-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Teddy atlas did train mike for awhile. BUT he was not fired. The way teddy tells it on TV is that 1 night mike tried to get fresh with either teddy's daughter or niece or something like that and when teddy found out he put a gun to mike's head and told him in no uncertain terms that if he came near his relative again he would BLOW his brains out. Teddy then proceeded to quit before cuz could fire him. When mike used to come into the store that i managed before he made it big he was the nicest and politest guy you would ever want to meet. As i stated earlier. mike was a partner in the gentlemans club here in albany. After he made it big a couple of us stopped by to say hi and to congratulate him and get his outograph. well his NEW security would not let us near him. I looked at mike and told him. You know me and even shaked my hand in the store. now you disrespect me by doing this. He just turned and said nothing. I simply said screw you and turned and walked away. His body guards, and posse... Rory Holliway And John Horn, both from albany. both still work for Don King i believe.they were the ones who got mike hooked with king. they started filling his head with asll the crap about his old handlers. Done at a price, paid by Don King i believe. To this day.......................................mike

catscradle
08-02-2004, 05:03 AM
To my way of thinking Mike Tyson was a great physical specimen and a pathetic mental specimen. MAYBE if D'Amato had lived long enough he could have kept him in check and he would have been a great champ. However he would have always been a head case needing handling with kid gloves. Don King is a top grade slime ball, but if it hadn't been him to take advantage of Mike's dumbness, it would have been somebody else. That's boxing, it's always been that way and probably always will.

9 Ball Girl
08-02-2004, 07:35 AM
That was on Pay Per View, right? When will it be on HBO???

Cueless Joey
08-02-2004, 09:43 AM
It was Teddy's niece that Mike disrespected.
I didn't know he quit.
Teddy took Mike to the olympic trials in Colorado. The olympic people did not want any part of Mike then. So, they let Henry Tillman win the bout against him.
Don King poisoned his mind. Ex-heavyweight champ Tim Witherspoon said he heard Don spew anti-semitic talk to Mike so Mike would fire his manager Bill Cayton.

Voodoo Daddy
08-02-2004, 07:58 PM
PPV was courtesy of Showtime...Tyson is under contract with them...I will not see it on Showtime cause I dont have it!! Dont need to see the tape, still sad /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Voodoo~~~will root for no other Heavyweight, I'm still gonna root Hopkin's on over De La Hoya...the EXECUTIONER will not be denied!!