PDA

View Full Version : CCB pin count

SPetty
08-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Just thought you might be interested in an interesting tidbit...

As of today, there have been 59 pins ordered via the CCB pin web page ( http://www.pettypoint.com/ccbpin ).

I think we initially ordered something like 250 pins.

Rich, how many pins have been claimed for pickup at the US Open? So how many total are claimed and how many are left?

Rich R.
08-01-2004, 12:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> Just thought you might be interested in an interesting tidbit...

As of today, there have been 59 pins ordered via the CCB pin web page ( http://www.pettypoint.com/ccbpin ).

I think we initially ordered something like 250 pins.

Rich, how many pins have been claimed for pickup at the US Open? So how many total are claimed and how many are left?
<hr /></blockquote>
So you want the real numbers, do you? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Here is the deal, as of this minute.

Including PayPal orders, a few direct payment orders and orders that will be delivered at the Open, a total of 168 pins have been sold. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

That leaves only 82.

If anyone wants pins, I suggest you order from SPetty's web site www.pettypoint.com/ccbpin (http://www.pettypoint.com/ccbpin)
or PM me, if you would like to order pins for direct delivery to the U.S. Open.

If, for some reason, you do not want to deal with PayPal, and need them mailed to you, you are not alone. Just PM me and we will work something out.

Here are some other interesting statistics about the pins sale.

I have mailed pins to 13 different states, plus Canada and Puerto Rico.

At the Open, I expect to deliver pins to people coming from an additional 7 states.

Therefore, CCB pins will be in at least 20 different states, plus Puerto Rico and Canada. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was hoping to get them into at least half of the states and maybe a couple of more countries. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Barbara
08-01-2004, 12:30 PM
WOW!!!!!!

Barbara

ras314
08-01-2004, 03:12 PM
"I have mailed pins to 13 different states, plus Canada and Puerto Rico.

At the Open, I expect to deliver pins to people coming from an additional 7 states.

Therefore, CCB pins will be in at least 20 different states, plus Puerto Rico and Canada. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif"

There is more to the country than just the northeast you know. Though I used to think the further north you went the better the pool players got. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Think I've heard Ohio called mid-west by the geographicly challenged.

cueball1950
08-01-2004, 05:13 PM
hi rich (and the mrs)....rich...how many did i order and how much were they. my memory is gone.......mike

Rich R.
08-02-2004, 04:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> hi rich (and the mrs)....rich...how many did i order and how much were they. my memory is gone.......mike <hr /></blockquote>

Mike, you ordered 5 pins, total cost $10.

The Mrs. says "Hi" and we're looking forward to seeing you at the Open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
08-02-2004, 04:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> There is more to the country than just the northeast you know. Though I used to think the further north you went the better the pool players got. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Think I've heard Ohio called mid-west by the geographicly challenged. <hr /></blockquote>
Ras, there is definitely more to the country than the Northeast.

In the continental U.S., I have mailed pins to New York and New Jersey in the East and as far West as California. They have gone as far North as Montana and as far South as Florida.

I don't think we can get any wider coverage than that. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

However, it would be nice to fill all points in between. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Perk
08-02-2004, 05:44 AM
Thanks for the Pin, received it this weekend. I was a bit disappointed at first, only because I expected a bit larger of a pin. I definately like the pin, put it on my case. Gonna take some eagle eyes to spot them though /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks to those that made it available to everyone. Time and effort is appreciated.

Rich R.
08-02-2004, 07:39 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> Thanks for the Pin, received it this weekend. I was a bit disappointed at first, only because I expected a bit larger of a pin. I definately like the pin, put it on my case. Gonna take some eagle eyes to spot them though /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Perk, I'm sorry you were disappointed. I thought we made it clear that it was a standard lapel pin, 1" wide, in a prior post.
Maybe my photograph of the pins was deceiving. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
Some people thought it was large and they wanted a small pin. You are the first one who wanted a larger pin.

I hope having it on your case brings you some good luck. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Perk
08-02-2004, 07:57 AM
" a bit disappointed "

Was how I described it. Maybe bad choice of words, I definately am glad I got it, and would recommend it to anyone. I just envisioned it as something else (my mistake, I even read the post of the size prior to purchasing). I am proud to carry it, and will see if I see any others around when I visit Chicago during the Midwest Expo. Thanks again.

Rich R.
08-02-2004, 08:03 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> " a bit disappointed "

Was how I described it.<hr /></blockquote>
I didn't mean to imply anything else Perk.

I happy you like it and be sure to look for it, in your travels. Some will have them on their cases and others will have them on their shirts or hats.
They are a rare commodity, but they are out there. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rocky
08-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Hey Guys not to be a pain, but how long does it take the pins to ship, I have to watch my mailbox like a hawk! lol

Rich R.
08-03-2004, 08:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rocky:</font><hr> Hey Guys not to be a pain, but how long does it take the pins to ship, I have to watch my mailbox like a hawk! lol <hr /></blockquote>
Rocky, if you order through PayPal, on SPetty's web sit, she emails me as soon as she can. Depending what time of the day I receive the order, it goes into the mail box, no later than, the next day. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If you decide to order, PM me and I will PM you when it goes into the mail. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

After that, it is up to the U.S. Postal Service.

rukiddingme
08-03-2004, 08:46 AM
got my 5 over the weekend... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
ruk

rocky
08-03-2004, 10:08 AM
I ordered 2 already. I got a reciept from paypal last week where they had cleared through them. They would be under Darrin Brown.

Rod
08-03-2004, 10:13 AM
Got mine today, just the right size. Thanks for your efforts.

Rod

Rich R.
08-04-2004, 04:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rocky:</font><hr> I ordered 2 already. I got a reciept from paypal last week where they had cleared through them. They would be under Darrin Brown. <hr /></blockquote>
If memory serves, they have been shipped. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I will check for sure, when I get home from work.

Mr Ingrate
08-04-2004, 09:47 AM
Rich,

Got mine yesterday. They are great! My thanks to all involved.

TomBrooklyn
08-04-2004, 10:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> They are a rare commodity, but they are out there. <hr /></blockquote>In ten years, an original first issue pin in good condtion may be worth $20-30; in fifty years, about $200; and in a hundred years, about $2000. Above estimates include inflation.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-04-2004, 11:12 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> They are a rare commodity, but they are out there. <hr /></blockquote>In ten years, an original first issue pin in good condtion may be worth $20-30; in fifty years, about $200; and in a hundred years, about $2000. Above estimates include inflation. <hr /></blockquote>

or at least as much as Patrick's official autographed trading card /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rich R.
08-04-2004, 02:58 PM
Rocky, as far as I can determine, your pins were put in the mail on Wednesday, 07/28. If you haven't received them yet, you should get them at any time.

Rich R.
08-04-2004, 03:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr>In ten years, an original first issue pin in good condtion may be worth $20-30; in fifty years, about $200; and in a hundred years, about $2000. Above estimates include inflation. <hr /></blockquote>
Then, all we have to do, is hold on to them for 100 years. We will all be rich.

Tom, I'm waiting for your order. I wouldn't want you to be poor, 100 years from now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Scott Lee
08-05-2004, 03:18 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>
Think I've heard Ohio called mid-west by the geographicly challenged. <hr /></blockquote>

ras414...Ummmm, excuse me, but Ohio IS in the mid-west! LOL The mid-west is considered to be IL, IN, OH, IA, MI, WI, and a couple of other states. LMAO! Boy, you guys out there in the sticks of NM...I just don't know! As you know, I live in MT, which is considered the Pacific Northwest AND the Rocky Mountain region!

Scott

SPetty
08-05-2004, 04:04 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Scott Lee:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr>Think I've heard Ohio called mid-west by the geographically challenged.<hr /></blockquote>Ummmm, excuse me, but Ohio IS in the mid-west! The mid-west is considered to be IL, IN, OH, IA, MI, WI, and a couple of other states.<hr /></blockquote>
http://www.tecedu.com/about/images/us-map.gif

The problem ras314 mentions is: OH is in the mid-west of what? Certainly not the mid-west of the US.

While growing up, I had the same problem with how "they" referred to various parts of the US. If you draw a vertical line thru the center of the map above, states on the right side would be eastern states, and states on the left side would be western states. If you draw a horizontal line thru the center of the map above, states on the top side would be northern states and states on the bottom side would be southern states.

Those of us children with maps and logical minds that weren't raised "in the east" where these terms obviously originated had a rough time trying to figure out how North Carolina was a "southern" state or how Ohio was a "mid-western" state.

If you look at the map, clearly NC is an eastern state, while OH is a northern state. According to the map, a mid-western state is NE, KS, CO or WY. And what could be more southern than TX or FL?

As adults, we eventually come to accept the idea that the names given to the regions (like "mid-west") don't necessarily correspond to the actual geographic location of the region within the US.

Mr Ingrate
08-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Hi Scott,

I've always maintained that Chicago was in the Mid-East. Bozeman (I assume you are still based out of there) is a lot closer to the midwest than Chicago. I understand that the geographical center of the continental US is somewhere around Lawrence, Kansas.

But then, what do I know ... being one of them Canadian furriners.

ras314
08-05-2004, 07:47 PM
Hey Scott,

Sorta like New Yorkers or somebody calling Main down east. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I was dumfounded when people asked why I was leaving the US and moving out here from Florida.

Can't wait till people start asking me what the CCB pin on the hat is for. Central Coast of Belize? /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-06-2004, 06:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr>

...Those of us children with maps and logical minds that weren't raised "in the east" where these terms obviously originated had a rough time trying to figure out how North Carolina was a "southern" state or how Ohio was a "mid-western" state....<hr /></blockquote>

I would speculate that the terms are a holdover from the early 19th century when Ohio truly was the West.

bluewolf
08-06-2004, 02:27 PM
Got mine. They are beautiful!!!

Laura

Barbara
08-07-2004, 06:49 AM
I couldn't wait til the Open, so I ordered them online.

What can I say. Awesome job, Redhell, SPetty and Rich R!!!

The pins are great! It couldn't have been any easier to order them! And they got here in two days!!

I'm going to have something *special* for you three at the open. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Barbara /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif