PDA

View Full Version : Southeast Idaho

Cane
08-01-2004, 02:13 PM
Anyone on the board from the Southeast Idaho area. I'll be in Idaho Falls next weekend at Pockets Billiards (I think that's the name of it! Brain cells don't fire as accurately as they used to... /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif). If anyone is from Idaho Falls or the area, give me a call and maybe we can get together. I'll be in town sometime on Thursday and will be there until Monday. My cell is 479-414-6470 or you can email if you do before Monday at 5pm, because I'm leaving then... email is caneman@clnk.com. It's going to be nice to get out of Oklahoma for a few days... Read that last sentence as "I'm tired of working every night in the pool room and need a break... off to be a customer instead of a proprietor!"

Later,
Bob

JPB
08-01-2004, 07:35 PM
They even have a pool hall in IF? Why bother w/ a pool hall? Get over to Jackson or somewhere else. I'm in Idaho but not close enough to go to IF to hit balls. I kept having to go to Preston and saw a sign for a PH but never went in. I should have, although I am sure the place sucked. I may have to go there again in the fall. Preston isn't close to IF anyway, but it is a nice little town. I am not an IF fan, I hope you have fun tho. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cane
08-01-2004, 07:59 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Really not a lot in Idaho Falls, is there, but I'm not going there as a tourist? I'm going there to assist RandyG in a clinic he's teaching there.

I lived in Mountain Home, ID in the mid to late 70's and in an even more remote place than that, Featherville, ID in 80 and 81 (Featherville used to be one store, 2 houses, a few cabins, 4 cats, 10 dogs and more black bears than you could count... there's a bit more to it now than there was back then). In any case, I'll have fun! My "other thing" is making bamboo fly rods, so I'll be standing in the Henry's Fork waist deep in trout while I'm not in the pool room in I.F.'s. Would go over to Jackson, but the RV spots in Jackson this time of year cost about the same as a nice room at the Embassy Suites in Dallas... besides, the trout fishing on the Idaho side of the line is much better.

Later,
Bob
Cane Fly Rods (http://www.caneflyrod.com)
Breakers Billiards Academy (http://members.clnk.com/caneman/academy.htm)

JPB
08-01-2004, 08:35 PM
Well, the flysishing makes more sense in that neck of the woods than the pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif Not much of a fisherman but I had a nice day flyfishing for native cutts in the snake river n. of jackson in the grand teton park a coupla years ago. Nice time. Henry's Fork gr8, but I'm not enough of a fisherman to know.

I think we are having relatives in so I can't get to IF even for a pool clinic. Oh well. Have fun.

Spent a bunch of time in mountain home this year on a couple of things. I like mountain home OK.