PDA

View Full Version : Any room/halls operators out there

Pelican
08-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Putting this on several boards so if it looks familiar just jump past it.

How many of you are controlling your room operation with computer, either key entry or touch screen? If so, how many tables are you running, does the program control the table light, is it hard for employees to cheat it, is it a commercially available program or custom, if you had to do it over would you still use it or go to something you now think is better?

No, I'm not just being nosey /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif . I do have a motive to my madness /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif .

Thanks for any and all input on this subject, Pel /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

houseman
08-01-2004, 06:25 PM
I have an 8 table room and would be lost without my computer.
I use an old dos program called Choice.
It has been flawless for about 12-13 years now.
It does everything a room would like to do or need info on.
Last time i talked to him and he was working on a Windows version of the program with networking.
I believe he is out of business now though, last time I called I got zip. call 1-800-628-7339, Lyle Goodman is his name. Designed by players for players rooms.
I have demoed some other programs but they are much harder to use and require at least a 20 inch monitor to use correctly. and my program is keyboard entry only, with mostly f1 thru f9 and enter and escape keys.
im done. got carried away

the houseman
d&d family billiards

Pelican
08-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Thanks, you didn't get carried away. I appreciate your input. If this fellow is not available my son knows how to work in DOS pretty well. maybe we can get CHOICE and build it ourselves.

'preciate it, Pel /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif