PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Aboard

Mr Ingrate
08-01-2004, 05:08 PM
I'd like you all to extend a welcome to a friend of mine who has just signed up on the CCB with the handle of AndreaWilson. Coincidentally enough her name actually is Andrea Wilson, and she also lives in beautiful Victoria, BC.

Andrea is a BCA master player and I had the honor of having her as a team mate when we played in the Western Canadians in Calgary this year. We finished in the final 16 in the "A" event where we found out the difference between "recreational" and "non-recreational" teams.

Her husband is no slouch as a player either, having successfully defended his Open Singles title at that same tournament, and is a previous BCA Canadian National Champion.

So, take it easy on her ...... for awhile at least.

woody_968
08-01-2004, 06:02 PM
Always good to see new people comming aboard!

tateuts
08-01-2004, 06:27 PM
Excellent credentials too - welcome aboard Andrea!

Chris

houseman
08-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Welcome Andrea,
if you know mr. ingrate you must be OK.
the houseman

Chris Cass
08-02-2004, 12:22 AM
Where is she? LOL Welcome aboard Mrs W. can't wait to make your acquaintence. Dave is one of the most respected person I know here and I hope you have a good time.

Regards,

C.C.

9 Ball Girl
08-02-2004, 07:22 AM
Welcome Andrea! It wont' be long before we start corrupting you! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

pooltchr
08-02-2004, 07:55 AM
Welcome, Andrea!
Looking forward to seeing you around here.
Steve

AndreaWilson
08-02-2004, 11:22 AM
Well Dave, thank you for your welcome although now I am thinking of changing my handle. You will be safe until I figure out how to do things and then the challenge will be on. Hee Hee!

Rich R.
08-02-2004, 11:27 AM
Any friend of Dave's is a friend of ours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome.

AndreaWilson
08-02-2004, 11:33 AM
I am slightly overwhelmed by everyones welcomes, but look forward to getting to know everyone. Mr. Ingrate has blown things out of proportion. In the overall scheme of things, I am just a guppy that is trying to learn more each day. Yippee!

Chris Cass
08-02-2004, 11:36 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote AndreaWilson:</font><hr> I am slightly overwhelmed by everyones welcomes, but look forward to getting to know everyone. Mr. Ingrate has blown things out of proportion. In the overall scheme of things, I am just a guppy that is trying to learn more each day. Yippee! <hr /></blockquote>

Were all guppies here. Except me, I'm a gerbil. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

AndreaWilson
08-02-2004, 11:43 AM
Well miss 9 ball girl, how can you corrupt something when there is nothing left to corrupt. As far as my play, I am just learning as I go. I look forward to meeting you some time.

Andrea

Tom_In_Cincy
08-02-2004, 11:48 AM
Welcome and because Dave has endorced your presence, you are already an accepted friend. Dave's contibutions to this forum are only equalled by his love of the game.

Guppys? we're all fish in this pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AndreaWilson
08-02-2004, 11:50 AM
Well hello there gerbil. Gerbils are lots of fun. I had some when I was little and had a great time with them until some of their tails fell off....it's a long story.

AndreaWilson
08-02-2004, 11:58 AM
Well Tom, if we're all fish then who is the dark shadow with the big fin on their back swimming around the pool?

Tom_In_Cincy
08-02-2004, 01:14 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote AndreaWilson:</font><hr> Well Tom, if we're all fish then who is the dark shadow with the big fin on their back swimming around the pool? <hr /></blockquote>

That would be Chris C. Don't let his size fool ya, he's pound for pound one of the best players in this forum.

Barbara
08-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Welcome to the board, Andrea!

Are you near any WPBA Regional Tours?

Barbara

Wally_in_Cincy
08-02-2004, 01:45 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> That would be Chris C. Don't let his size fool ya, he's pound for pound one of the best players in this forum. <hr /></blockquote>

Tom, if we're rating people pound-for-pound that is going to put me even farther down on the list than I am already /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Wally &lt;~~ needs to cut back on the chocolate cows /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Well then, it sounds like we're in the same boat. Wanna grab an oar? /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

AndreaWilson
08-02-2004, 05:52 PM
Well Barbara, the girls over in Vancouver, BC are often participating in WPBA qualifiers and invite me along, but the return trip to the mainland with a vehicle on the ferry plus an additional night in a hotel can add up to nearly $200 over and above the event entry fee. My hubby and I are going to the WidWest Expo in Chicago for 8 Ball and 9 Ball in October and then plan to do the ACS 9 Ball in Reno as well as the BCA 9 Ball in Vegas in November. We have the CCS Canadians in Toronto in January, the Mardis Gras in Prince George, BC, and the CCS Western Canadian 8 Ball Championships in Calgary, Alberta in February. We are thinking about the US Bar Table Open in March in Reno as well as possibly the Valley Forge Expo, PA and then want to go to the ACS National 8 Ball Championships in Reno and the BCA National 8 Ball Championships in Vegas in May. Following that, there will be the BCA Canadian Championships in Winnipeg in July, so as you can see, we have a very busy pool schedule as it is, and I don't know how much more travel we could afford. Most of these events require flights ranging from $300 to $700 per person return. Me thinks the well may runneth dry!

cueball1950
08-02-2004, 10:00 PM
Well Andrea. Welcome to oue little piece of heaven. To our own little world. Somebody collect her dues quick before she leaves...lol... That is an impressive list of events that you may be attending. But you forgot the most important one. The 3rd Annual International CCB Tournament @ the Open to played on Saturday Sept. 11th 2004. So please come join in the fun and bring Dave and his lovely wife with you...............................mike

AndreaWilson
08-02-2004, 11:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> you forgot the most important one. The 3rd Annual International CCB Tournament @ the Open to played on Saturday Sept. 11th 2004. So please come join in the fun and bring Dave and his lovely wife with you...............................mike <hr /></blockquote>

I'm sorry Mike, but we'll have to pass on it this year, but I would love to play in it next year, as I plan to enter my hubby in the "OPEN" in 2005 for his next birthday and it would be nice for me to do something more than be a cue caddy the whole time. I will work on Dave to try and get him out for that one.

Chris Cass
08-03-2004, 12:26 AM
Hi Andrea,

Do I have a story about our little gerbil, Miss Mary. LOL It's long and I won't waist your time on your first trip here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Welcome,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
08-03-2004, 12:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote AndreaWilson:</font><hr> Well Tom, if we're all fish then who is the dark shadow with the big fin on their back swimming around the pool? <hr /></blockquote>

That would be Chris C. Don't let his size fool ya, he's pound for pound one of the best players in this forum. <hr /></blockquote>

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAA Do you think she bought that? LOLLOL

C.C.~~I'd rather hear the pity stuff. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Chris Cass
08-03-2004, 12:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote AndreaWilson:</font><hr> Well Barbara, the girls over in Vancouver, BC are often participating in WPBA qualifiers and invite me along, but the return trip to the mainland with a vehicle on the ferry plus an additional night in a hotel can add up to nearly $200 over and above the event entry fee. My hubby and I are going to the WidWest Expo in Chicago for 8 Ball and 9 Ball in October and then plan to do the ACS 9 Ball in Reno as well as the BCA 9 Ball in Vegas in November. We have the CCS Canadians in Toronto in January, the Mardis Gras in Prince George, BC, and the CCS Western Canadian 8 Ball Championships in Calgary, Alberta in February. We are thinking about the US Bar Table Open in March in Reno as well as possibly the Valley Forge Expo, PA and then want to go to the ACS National 8 Ball Championships in Reno and the BCA National 8 Ball Championships in Vegas in May. Following that, there will be the BCA Canadian Championships in Winnipeg in July, so as you can see, we have a very busy pool schedule as it is, and I don't know how much more travel we could afford. Most of these events require flights ranging from $300 to $700 per person return. Me thinks the well may runneth dry! <hr /></blockquote>

Wow Andrea,

That's an excellent schedule. My wife and son are also going to the Midwest Expo. Another named Perk whos a great guy too. We'll have to meet up there. I'l introduce you to Bob and Eydie Ramano while your there. They post here too and it's them that bring us that great event. It's getting bigger every yr. I'm going to the VF Expo next yr hopefully with my family and Barbara is the tournament director for Allan Hopkins. She's the best.

Regards,

C.C.

Vagabond
08-03-2004, 04:38 AM
I hope that U will enjoy this place.cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Barbara
08-03-2004, 08:01 AM
Wow Andrea! That's a very ambitious schedule. I wish you good luck. I hope to see you in Valley Forge. I'm one of the tournament directors that runs the amateur tournies.

Unfortunately, it is expensive to participate in the WPBA Qs. I find myself spending about what you do - $200 per weekend. But the competition is super and it's always a fun weekend to spend with the girls.

Barbara

AndreaWilson
08-03-2004, 10:25 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> I hope to see you in Valley Forge. I'm one of the tournament directors that runs the amateur tournies.

Unfortunately, it is expensive to participate in the WPBA Qs. I find myself spending about what you do - $200 per weekend. But the competition is super and it's always a fun weekend to spend with the girls.

Barbara <hr /></blockquote>

Hopefully we will meet then in Valley Forge. That would be nice. As far as the qualifiers, the $200 I mentioned just gets me off and back onto Vancouver Island with one night in a cheap motel. I would still have entry fees, another one or two nights in a motel, and my food to pay for. It probably gets closer to around $500 when it is all said and done. That is why those of us that love to play pool on Vancouver Island are all in favour of building a bridge to connect us to the mainland so we don't have to pay for and sit on a ferry for an hour and a half in each direction.

Andrea

Barbara
08-03-2004, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote AndreaWilson:</font><hr>
Hopefully we will meet then in Valley Forge. That would be nice. As far as the qualifiers, the $200 I mentioned just gets me off and back onto Vancouver Island with one night in a cheap motel. I would still have entry fees, another one or two nights in a motel, and my food to pay for. It probably gets closer to around $500 when it is all said and done. That is why those of us that love to play pool on Vancouver Island are all in favour of building a bridge to connect us to the mainland so we don't have to pay for and sit on a ferry for an hour and a half in each direction.

Andrea <hr /></blockquote>

Ouch!! That's quite a ferry ride!

You know, if you're far enough away from the NWPA tour, you may want to consider starting a Regional Tour of your own.

Barbara

AndreaWilson
08-03-2004, 10:58 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>That's an excellent schedule. My wife and son are also going to the Midwest Expo. Another named Perk whos a great guy too. We'll have to meet up there. I'l introduce you to Bob and Eydie Ramano while your there. They post here too and it's them that bring us that great event. It's getting bigger every yr. I'm going to the VF Expo next yr hopefully with my family and Barbara is the tournament director for Allan Hopkins. She's the best.

Oh Boy! I am starting to get the feeling that Dave somehow gave everyone the impression that I know how to play. I will confess this! I do quite fine from the arm chair, but the skill level drops the closer I get to the table and if I'm having a "Brain of a Cotton Ball" day it can be down right ugly. I like to claim that my alter ego came out to play on those days.

I had the pleasure of meeting Bob and Eydie while checking in at the Riviera Hotel last May and Eydie gave me a card with info for the upcoming tournaments. I recognized the MidWest Expo as the one that Larry (my hubby) and his team mates wanted to go to last year but they sat on their butts so long, the 8 ball was full. That seems to be a common problem, but as you can see from my schedule, I don't like to leave things hanging. First I make a list of our tournament choices and then the scheming starts to figure out how to get us to all the tourneys on the list. I must confess, I love the planning process. It feeds the mind and fills you with the delicious thoughts of anticipation of another pool tournament. What a pleasant addiction to have! Pool Tournaments! I get to meet the nicest people and when I chat with them on line, my husband gets to enjoy the silence at home. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Hee hee!

Andrea

SPetty
08-03-2004, 11:07 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr. Ingrate:</font><hr>Andrea is a BCA master player <hr /></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">Quote AndreaWilson:</font><hr>I am starting to get the feeling that Dave somehow gave everyone the impression that I know how to play.<hr /></blockquote>I'm guessing that we're silly enough to think that a BCA master player knows how to play. Sorry for the misunderstanding. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

AndreaWilson
08-03-2004, 11:10 AM
Well Barbara,

I have put my years in as an organizer of various events and am happy to not be involved. As far as getting a Women's Tour set up on the Island, there are two of us that are so dominant, the other women would not support the tour. Maybe some day though. For now, I am enjoying the freedom.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AndreaWilson
08-03-2004, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> <blockquote><font class="small">Quote Mr. Ingrate:</font><hr>Andrea is a BCA master player <hr /></blockquote><blockquote><font class="small">Quote AndreaWilson:</font><hr>I am starting to get the feeling that Dave somehow gave everyone the impression that I know how to play.<hr /></blockquote>I'm guessing that we're silly enough to think that a BCA master player knows how to play. Sorry for the misunderstanding. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Would you like to play a few sets? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Chris Cass
08-03-2004, 12:14 PM
HAHAHA Not me, I hate talking to the wall. I tell Heide (that's my better half) to get off the puter and come and talk. I want to hear about her day and enjoy it when she finally gets it all out. Then, I'm at piece and everything is good. LOL

Ya, right. LOLLOL

Good to meet you,

C.C.

AndreaWilson
08-03-2004, 02:16 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> HAHAHA I ....... enjoy it when she finally gets it all out. LOL

Ya, right. LOLLOL
Good to meet you,
C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Hi Chris,
Just a couple minor alterations to your statement and it now fits our household. Ha Ha. My sweetie, (Larry) enjoys uninterrupted silence so he can play his chess on line. At one point he had 138 games on the go. If I told him about my day in a manner that takes more than 2 minutes, I would truly be talking to the wall or at least the back of his head as he either leaves the room or turns back to his chess game. Hee Hee! Unless of course, I am talking about a particular pool drill I had either trouble or success with. Then he is all ears, especially if I tell him that right after I finish talking to him I will go and fix lunch or supper. Then I have his undivided attention! /ccboard/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Do you find the summer siesta poolwise nice or is it too long? The leagues break here for the summer in late April and don't start up until mid-September. With playing league 3 nights a week and doing drills on the other nights, I enjoy the break for about 2 weeks and then I start getting antzy. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif So! in only 5 weeks we'll be fired up and going again! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Yippee!!!!!!!

Nice to meet you to!

Take care.

PQQLK9
08-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Welcome aboard Andrea. I sneaked in the back door of this forum a few years ago and never had a welcome like this. But now everybody loves me ... /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rod
08-03-2004, 06:04 PM
Hi Andrea, and welcome.

Unlike the dawg, I sneaked in a few years ago and the're still throwing pies at me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

~~ rod, wonders what flavor today /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

AndreaWilson
08-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the welcome Nick! I have to say though, that you are lucky I didn't lose a contact lense from laughing so hard after watching your penquins for a while. LOL. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AndreaWilson
08-03-2004, 09:49 PM
Well hello Rod:
Are the pies fresh out of the oven or fresh out of a cow? Phew! /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif I feel like I have already met you cause I have seen your little elephant everwhere I've gone.

Take care,
Andrea

Chris Cass
08-03-2004, 11:54 PM
I heard that when Rod is playing they start a line of people, holding their quarters all the way outside the bar. LOL

C.C.~~Rods brother and Nicks dawg. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

AndreaWilson
08-04-2004, 03:38 PM
Hello everyone,
I just want to say thank you for making me feel at home. I have had so much fun reading the postings the last couple of days my stomach is sore from laughing and my butt is numb from sitting.

I am now eager to start playing pool again as I recently had a cortisone shot in my left elbow to cure a serious case of tennis elbow. After months of icing the joint, taking painkillers and rubbing on anti-inflammatory drops, I finally gave in to the cortisone shot as the minor daily improvements had come to a halt. The injury was caused by my habit of using a straight bridge arm (left) and rotating it to the right to lock the elbow. While this action in itself should not have caused a problem, the repetition of this action 500 to 600 times a night and 5 to 6 nights a week was the culprit. I had noticed the slight pain developing but ignored it so I could keep playing. I could not ignore it anymore when I found myself unable to even lift a coffee cup with my left hand. Talk about self inflicted wounds. I brought it on myself by not listening to the warning signs my body was giving me. Lesson learned. Without becoming a hypochondriac, I will heed the warnings of my body and take better care of myself. I now have a stretching and weight training(light) regimen that I follow to reduce the stressload on my tendons and improve my stamina at tournaments. If this helps just one other person avoid a painful situation then it is worth the confession. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif