PDA

View Full Version : Kerry: bin Laden should be tried in U.S. courts

highsea
08-01-2004, 05:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
NEWBURGH, N.Y. -- John Kerry said today he would put Osama bin Laden on trial in U.S. courts rather than an international tribunal to ensure the "fastest, surest route" to a murder conviction if the terrorist mastermind is captured while he is president.<hr /></blockquote> The article (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/politics/2710876)

I can just see the media circus if Kerry gets his way. Why in the world would anyone want to put OBL in the US court system? A long expensive trial (paid for by US taxpayers), mandatory appeals, years of free publicity for al-qaeda, how insane.

I think a summary firing squad would be more appropriate. No trial, no appeals, no publicity. A bullet and an unmarked grave.

-CM

Nostroke
08-01-2004, 09:46 PM
Not to mention, hostage situations, kidanpping etc to try to get him released. I think we have to kill him during capture.Anything else will be a problem.

Fair_Play
08-01-2004, 10:37 PM
To try him a military tribunal is the only thing that makes sense to me. The only reason I can think of for John Kerry Heinz to want him tried in U.S. courts would be if he had some 'deal' with the trial lawyers... admittedly, I am very partisan as regards this individual. As a Viet Nam Era Vet who never went to the Nam, and who never has seen any danger (except a few paper cuts), it puzzles me why so many liberals maintain that the important thing about Kerry is 'at least he went to Viet Nam' - I guess that means that you could say of a child molester (with teaching credentials) 'at least he got a job as a kindergarten teacher'. The most telling thing about Kerry is his unexplained deep seated refusal to show ALL of his medical (Purple Hearts) or Fitness Reports... and it cannot be simply a coincidence that his entire chain of command (higher officers) and the vast majority of those who served with him firmly believe that he is unfit for command... so, he reported for duty in Viet Nam, but only served in a combat zone for 3 months and twelve days.. and at the Dem Convention he is John Kerry Reporting for Duty: where was he last year, when he was taking $$ to be a senator, but could not do his job even half of the time? I guess that Johnny Edwards will discover that Johnny K actual has had Cerebral Palsy all of these years, and the only treatment that works for JFK is a Botox drip. Since Kerrys first Purple heart was so minimal, and virtually self awarded, they might have trouble finding the scar.. Well, he may very well be elected, and think of the grand Hollywood parties then - Affleck, Moore, Spielberg, Goldberg, Fonda, etc. etc.
All the Best!