PDA

View Full Version : Your dream match?

woody_968
08-01-2004, 06:05 PM
If you had the chance to play anyone, at any game, who would it be and what game? In other words, who would you most enjoy being hammered by /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

For me I think it would be

Mike Sigel - Straight pool
Nick Varner - Straight pool
Effrin Reyes - One pocket

Yup, Im a glutton for punishment /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

highsea
08-01-2004, 06:16 PM
Jeanette Lee, we would play "get dressed pool". That's the opposite of strip pool. You start out naked, and for every miss you have to put something on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wantsumrice
08-01-2004, 06:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote highsea:</font><hr> Jeanette Lee, we would play "get dressed pool". That's the opposite of strip pool. You start out naked, and for every miss you have to put something on. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

LOLOLOL she might miss more than you man...then you're in trouble

~ivan

Chris Cass
08-02-2004, 12:15 AM
Cool question,

Efren- Straight Pool
Parica- One Pocket
Mika - 9 Ball

mike_in_iowa
08-02-2004, 01:15 AM
damn CC you picked some weird ones, explain your 1st two picks.

myself I would go old school on the straight pool
rempe,varner sigel
9ball I would pick buddy or efren
and 1 pocket would be efren

Mike in iowa

dr_billiards
08-02-2004, 01:58 AM
Scott Frost - 1 hole
Mike Sigel - str8t pool
Chris Cass - 9 ball
Doc B /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PoOn
08-02-2004, 02:53 AM
since you didnt say if it had to be a pool player or not i would have to say Carmen Electra, Shannon Elizabeth, Halle Berry, Angelino Jolie, Meagan Good, Christina Millian, Anna Cournicova, Jessica Alba, Tiffany Amber Theisen, Alicia Keys, Salma Hayek, and Elizabeth Hurly in any game they wanna play as long as we are all naked... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dmgwalsh
08-02-2004, 04:32 AM
straight Pool
Sigel, Rempe, West, Mizerak.

BillPorter
08-02-2004, 05:44 AM
I'd pick Bill Gates and play one-pocket, each of us putting up 10% of our net worth.

Chris Cass
08-02-2004, 06:41 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dr_billiards:</font><hr> Scott Frost - 1 hole
Mike Sigel - str8t pool
Chris Cass - 9 ball
Doc B /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

LOL Me? HAHAHHA I do like you Doc but, we're talking dream match here. Unless, of course your dreaming of beating my butt. hahaha That's definitely a compliment to me but in all seriousness. I think you'ld be better off with Mika.

Funny story, At last yrs Open I went around and gathered up all the pro signatures in the program book with an autograph section for a friend of mine at the pool hall. I busted my butt going out of my way to bother many shooters Efren included.

Mika, in a Russian type voice like the boxer in that Rocky movie said to me as I asked for an autograph from him to a friend of mine back home. He said, I don't sign for anyone. I sign for you. LOL I liked that kid so much.

The second funny part of that story was the guy I bent over backwards to please with these sigs asked, what about JJ? Geez, I just can't please everyone, can I? I didn't even get the sigs for myself. But, I only like the personal ones.

Mika, I personally believe would be much more of an honor. Thanks though, I appreciate a good joke. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
08-02-2004, 06:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote mike_in_iowa:</font><hr> damn CC you picked some weird ones, explain your 1st two picks.
Mike in iowa <hr /></blockquote>

That's easy. Efren, is a phenominal straight pool player. Jonny K told me that Efren will play anyone all day long straight pool for $50. a game. He does this for the love he has for the game. We all know if he wanted he could be playing many for thousands but Efren, would play you or me for $50. a game. That's so strong. I want to play with someone that, really wants to play.

Now Parica, he has a smooth soft stroke. A One Pocket stroke for sure. I believe he can play that game with anyone on the planet. He's also the only guy I tower over in height. I believe I'm 1" taller. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mika? Oh yes, I like his game and Ralph Soquet. That was a hard decision. Mika won over because, Ralph was my second choice in Straight Pool.

LOL,

C.C.

Chris Cass
08-02-2004, 06:53 AM
HAHAHAHA I sure would like to pitch a pool sponsorship with him. Not to sponsor myself but a few mil for the Mens pro tour to come back and televised. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Great thought,

Barbara
08-02-2004, 08:26 AM
Karen Corr -- love playing against her anytime
Julie Kelly -- let her get away in the last matchup
Helena Thornfeldt -- dying for a rematch after scratching on the 8 to tie her on the hill...

Barbara

9 Ball Girl
08-02-2004, 08:33 AM
Just a few I'd would love to play against:

Efren Reyes
Earl Strickland
Jose Garcia
Jason Cruz

Leviathan
08-02-2004, 09:20 AM
Ha! Lots of dreams!

8-Ball--Karatemom, SPetty, Efren Reyes

9-Ball--Cassman, Ralf Souquet, Karen Corr, Steve Davis

One Pocket--PQQLK9, Danny DiLiberto, Allen Hopkins

--They'd all be fun to play with!

AS

rah
08-02-2004, 09:43 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr> If you had the chance to play anyone, at any game, who would it be and what game? In other words, who would you most enjoy being hammered by /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

For me I think it would be

Mike Sigel - Straight pool
Nick Varner - Straight pool
Effrin Reyes - One pocket

Yup, Im a glutton for punishment /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Withoug a doubt, Patrick!

Barbara
08-02-2004, 09:50 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rah:</font><hr>
Withoug a doubt, Patrick! <hr /></blockquote>

LMAO!!!

And I'd like to see a Fast Larry/Eric matchup!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~ducking...

Chris Cass
08-02-2004, 11:24 AM
Pool? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Chris Cass
08-02-2004, 11:29 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Leviathan:</font><hr> Ha! Lots of dreams!

8-Ball--Karatemom, SPetty, Efren Reyes

9-Ball--Cassman, Ralf Souquet, Karen Corr, Steve Davis

One Pocket--PQQLK9, Danny DiLiberto, Allen Hopkins

--They'd all be fun to play with!

AS <hr /></blockquote>

Oh Yaa,

I want a piece of Nick too.

Regards,

TerryArdeno
08-02-2004, 12:39 PM
9 ball- Earl Strickland, Fong Pang Chao, Luther Lassiter
8 ball- Ralf Souquet, Thomas Engert, Oliver Ortmann
1 pocket-Grady Mathews,Leonard "Bugs" Rucker, Shannon Daulton
Banks- Eddie Taylor, "Bugs" Rucker
14.1- Ralph Greenleaf, Willie Mosconi
Take lessons from- Grady Mathews, Earl Strickland
All-time unbeatable road partners- Lssiter &amp; Strickland (How strong would THOSE 2 be!)

Jimmy B
08-02-2004, 12:52 PM
Granted I am not a 14.1 fan, but that doesn't play into my next line. Why would you guys want to play these guys in Straight Pool?? I mean all you would do is sit in the chair and watch them run 50's and 80's. I would much rather play a game where they let me at the table and I could at least compete. Maybe 10 ball loser breaks or 1-hole where I know I'd at least be shooting a few times a game, I don't just want to rack for these guys. Now is the perfect place for all you guys who like to over rate your game to pop in and claim you wouldn't just be a rack boy LOL. As long as I'm chiming in I might as well add my match to the list. I'd like to Play Willie in his prime on new equipment in an all around match race to 5 in 1-hole, race to 11 in 10 ball (loser breaking) and for good measure and to give me a shot race to 1 in 8-ball with me breaking.
/ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
JB

woody_968
08-02-2004, 01:10 PM
I understand your statement, and while I can play a little I still know I would be a rack boy /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

But I wouldnt mind to be a rack boy if I could spend an afternoon watching one of my favorite players put together a long run in straight pool. In fact I wouldnt mind having happen to me what happend to Zuglin with Segal. I would lose the lagg (of course) and break, then set back and watch Mike run 150 and out. I could say I never missed a ball, and get to set ringside with one of my all time favorite players kicking my arse /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

To me it wouldnt be just about trying to play, it would be getting to spend time with these guys and watch them do what they do best.

9 Ball Girl
08-02-2004, 02:53 PM
You dirty doggie! Of course pool! Except for Jason Cruz. He and I would have to play in a hot, no air conditioning room somewhere in Puerto Rico where you can see the palm trees swaying due to the slight breeze. Where our drinking glasses half empty of Bacardi are beginning to show the first signs of condensation...Geez, I forgot I'm here at work. Dammit Chris! You made my mind go wandering again! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Wendy&lt;---will be seeing Jason in 2 days. Teehee. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
08-03-2004, 01:24 AM
I was j/k Wendy,

I know your single and I like to just tease ya a little. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif BTW, I never ment anything dirty minded. I think you need to get married. Only because I think your ready to take that leap. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I do assure you, I never intentionally infer anything sexual to any women. I'm a gentleman.

Regards,

C.C.~~doesn't remember being single???

Chris Cass
08-03-2004, 01:36 AM
I only want to sit and watch. That's worth the money to me. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif I'm not going to throw the chance of a lifetime playing them for free. I'm there to watch and learn and try my best to get in their heads.

Just me I guess,

C.C.

9 Ball Girl
08-03-2004, 08:35 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I was j/k Wendy<hr /></blockquote>
I know. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>I never ment anything dirty minded.<hr /></blockquote>
I did! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Eric.
08-03-2004, 10:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr>
And I'd like to see a Fast Larry/Eric matchup!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara~~~ducking... <hr /></blockquote>

Somebody is asking for it /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Eric

Jim Walker
08-04-2004, 03:17 PM
I had my dream match last year. I played Mika one game for $15 that went to charity. I broke and made a ball and had the 1 ball straight in. Of course I missed and he ran out. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chris Cass
08-05-2004, 12:54 AM
Hi Jim,

Darn, I wanted to hear you won. Oh well, good cause and especial Tap, Tap, Tap for the both of you.

Regards,

C.C.

Voodoo Daddy
08-05-2004, 06:17 AM
9-Ball - Luther "Wimpy" Lassiter
14.1 - toss up between Irving "the Deacon" Crane and Joe "the Meatman" Balsis
One Pocket - Marcel Camp

Voodoo~~~~was born 40 years too late...but then I'd be dead!!

RUNaRAK
08-06-2004, 08:01 AM
<font color="red"> Efren </font color>Play some 15 ball rotation
<font color="red"> Mosconi</font color>...14.1 Yeah, yeah, I know he's dead but you said dream match
<font color="red"> Joyner </font color>...One hole, he is super smooth
<font color="red"> Rodney Morris </font color> ...9-ball, I just really like his attitude and playing style!

DeannaMichelle
08-07-2004, 03:38 PM
9-ball--&gt; Melissa Hernandon to beat the crap out of me, then Allison Fisher to top it all off, and shame me down the pool pocket.
Straight pool--&gt; Jeanette Lee, FULLY CLOTHED unlike how some wish to play her, haha.

Dea /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Chris Cass
08-07-2004, 04:09 PM
Decided to keep it serious.

Regards,

C.C.~~how's that for a visual. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

highsea
08-07-2004, 04:11 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>how's that for a visual. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>I think I'll stick to my Jeanette Lee fantasy if you don't mind. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
08-07-2004, 04:14 PM
BAHAHAHAHAHA I don't blame you CM. That would be the worst match to ever go down in the history of pool. Good commercial for birth control though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

C.C.~~feeling funny today, just not. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

DeannaMichelle
08-07-2004, 09:10 PM
lol @ C.C. Haha, no..you definately were funny!

*trips on nothing, and falls to the floor laughing*

Dea

Chris Cass
08-07-2004, 11:36 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif Oh,

You caught it before I could edit huh? Sometimes I think I'm the funniest man alive. The problem with it is that some don't. LOL Glad you did. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif My friend Highseas got the visual and almost crashed his boat. hahahaha /ccboard/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~no harm, no foul

DeannaMichelle
08-08-2004, 12:29 PM
I know exactly how that is... *sends highseas an Almost get well soon card*
Actually, a few of my pool buddies have started calling me Duchess of Sarcasm (: It's better than Missouri Missile! lol. I'm really bad about laughing at my own jokes, then realizing..that..umm..I'm the ONLY one...laughing.. ha ha....hmm.(:

Dea

Dea

Malice
08-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Watching Torbjorn Blomdahl play 3C is amazing. I think if he could provide running commentary on his thought processes, that would be my pick.

rukiddingme
08-08-2004, 02:12 PM
14.1 of course cause that IS the game.
Mosconi, Crane, Lassiter, West and Moore. I could watch Moore's slip stroke all day long. After all I'm the best spectator ever and I'd do nothing but spectating ...game to 500 best of 5 /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Just need a cushioned pool chair some cappucino and lordy I'm in heaven... /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
ruk

Rod
08-08-2004, 08:19 PM
I'll buy most of that choice and I have watched Moore's slip stroke all day. I'd have to throw Joe Balsis in there though.

Rod