PDA

View Full Version : Table Repair

wantsumrice
08-01-2004, 11:45 PM
Alright, is there any table repair men out there? I really want to get my rails fixed because they are looser than Pamela Anderson. I'm really reluctant to spend a couple hundred just getting them tightened...

So, I need to find out how to disessemble (sp?) the table correctly, and how to tighten the cloth correctly.

~ivan

Chris Cass
08-02-2004, 07:15 AM
Hi ya Rice,

Your going to have to tell us the make and footage of the table. Tightened cloth or does the rails need need rubber and facings? There's a few sights that I could recommend also. There was a post awhile back from a guy named Roger. He did the complete table cloth and rails by himself. He sent me some pics of the final job and thanked me for helping him out with just a few small sites. It was so rewarding for me as he not only kept me informed of his progress but emailed me with the finished pics.

Man, what a beautiful job obn the table and the cloth was so right for his room of the house. Excellent job he did alone and the look of classs in a home atmosphere. I wish I could share the pics but, I don't have them due to my recent puter problems and I would have to have his permission too.

Regards,

C.C.

ragin1
08-02-2004, 08:08 AM
Do you mean the entire rail assy, or the rubber mating to the rail? If the assy is loose just look under and see if the bolts are loose and tighten if possible.

wantsumrice
08-02-2004, 08:07 PM
Wow really, I've been told that one should leave this up to professionals...

Anyway, my table is a brunswick and has standard dimensions. The rails are getting loose, but I definitely don't need new ones, just need to tighten the cloth.

~ivan

Chris Cass
08-03-2004, 01:11 AM
Hi Rice,

I'm thinking you mean 9 foot table. Therefore I think you might look into some of the parts if you need them just incase you find out after taking the rails down. Someone with way more knowledge than myself should help you. I just know these feathering strips are sometimes needing replacement. Facings should be ok and that the cloth doesn't need to be totally tight. So tight that the rails rebound effect is compromised. I learned all of this here.

Regards,

C.C.

wantsumrice
08-04-2004, 11:24 PM
Were you going to show me the sites on repairing?

~ivan

Chris Cass
08-04-2004, 11:42 PM
Ok Yo, why you got to be so nasty yo? HAHAHAHA J/K, it's an old joke between me and SF. LOL

Seriously, I'll do it now.
http://www.pooltableplans.com/thegreenbook.htm

Regards,

C.C.

wantsumrice
08-05-2004, 11:49 PM
Excellent!!! Thanks! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

~ivan

Chris Cass
08-06-2004, 12:10 AM
Anytime Rice old buddy. Besides I like the way you Boston people sound like. It's kool.

Regards,

C.C.

wantsumrice
08-06-2004, 07:58 AM
hahaha Aww wicked, pahk yo' cah in Hahvahd yahd!

~ivan