PDA

View Full Version : USPS incompetency.

Cueless Joey
08-02-2004, 11:53 AM
Has anyone have a nightmare story about the USPS incompetency lately?
I've been waiting for a package that was sent on July 13.
It's still not here and the tracking number shows no history.
I've sent a few "express" mails too and they didn't aget to their destinations in "express" manner.

Singlemalt
08-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Ever have any problems? Man, it's weekly for myself. I feel lucky just getting my normal bills each month. Over the past 12 months or so (and I have lived in this location for 3 years now) I have never received 6 total paystubs from my direct deposit, I have received a total of 4 power bills out of 12 and 3 dish bills out of 12.

Thank god my bills are on auto-draft..... LOL

"We will never disarm any American who seeks to protect his or her family from fear and harm."

-- President Ronald Reagan

highsea
08-02-2004, 01:39 PM
Joey, let me give you some advice about the Post Office. They have everyone's address in their computer system, and it is very inflexible. You have to make sure things are addressed the same as their computer, or you may have problems. I don't know if this applies to you, but let me give you an example of the way they operate.

I did not receive a phone bill for 14 months. I never knew how much to pay unless I called Qwest and asked. I never saw a bill, so I had no way of knowing if the charges were correct or not, I just had to pay what they said or get the service cut off.

Now, Qwest had my address wrong, and I knew it. I made attempt after attempt to get the address correct, to no avail. The upshot of it was, Qwest did not print the phone bills, the Post Office did. Qwest could get my address corrected in their system, but when the bill was printed, the PO would just print the incorrect address, and it wouldn't get delivered. Qwest would get a notice that it was undeliverable, but wouldn't do anything about it.

After 14 months of battling, I finally got to the programmer at Qwest who interfaced with the PO, and the address was fixed.

But any discrepancy in the address on a package and the PO's computer will cause the package to get lost or returned. The best advice I can give you or anyone else is, look at your phone bill, and consider that your official address, whether it is correct or not. When having something sent through the mail, verify that the sender has it addressed exactly that way. Even little things like Ste. or Apt. instead of # can screw it up. A box number can be a killer, because the post office may interpret it as a PO box, instead of a local mailbox in an apartment building. It's nuts.

-CM

Popcorn
08-03-2004, 09:35 PM
I will keep this short but the gist of it is. I sent a cod package with $353.00 due and they delivered it and never collected any money. I called the customers a Doctor in NY and got the maid who said her boss really liked the cue very much and she would have him call me. He never called and when I finally got a hold of him at his office he denied any knowledge of the cue arriving. The post office tried to make it sound like it was between him and me. I have a receipt that I sent it cod how is it my fault, they gave the cue to him for nothing. After almost a year and countless letters and phone calls I finally collected on the insurance. Funny the customer who claimed to never have received the cue, also never asked me about his deposit for the cue he never got. The post office does an amazing job with getting all the zillions letters to where they have to go but when they do mess up it is tough to get it straightened out.

Cueless Joey
08-03-2004, 10:10 PM
Well, guess what.
The package is lost. My $200 worth of handpicked exotic woods are gone. The supplier said they're going to replace them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif
I have the tracking number. They called the post office. They have no freakin' clue where it the package is.
What the hell is a tracking number good for then?
I live in a house. Number is 500. I have received a ton of packages the last few months. My suspicion is they really check these funny looking packages. I had three gun drills take 3 weeks to get to me. Must be the 9/11 thingy. I'm prolly on the FBI list already b/c of the gun drills I ordered.
Those 1.5 by 18 woods prolly look suspicious to them.
I nagged the wood supplier. Azzhole was cheap. He wants to make money on shipping fees too; charged me $38 for shipping.
He should have gone UPS ground which is guaranteed in 7 working days.
I'm bummed. We went back and forth with pictures of the woods so I can pick them.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-04-2004, 06:19 AM
My guess would be this would be much less likely to happen with DHL, UPS, or FedEx. Of course they are held accountable for their actions.

Boy I can't wait for that nationalized health care /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Cueless Joey
08-04-2004, 09:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> My guess would be this would be much less likely to happen with DHL, UPS, or FedEx. Of course they are held accountable for their actions.

Boy I can't wait for that nationalized health care /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>
Wally, I shoot with two postal workers sometimes ( pool not guns). They even say don't send any package with the postal office. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Eric.
08-04-2004, 09:31 AM
Hate to say it Joey, but I hear these stories all the time. Recently, I sent a letter Priority Overnite by the Post office. It didn't get htere til 2 days later. Luckily, it didn't hurt me not getting it there overnite like planned. Next time I won't be lazy (the P.O. is close by) and will use FedEx or UPS or Airborne, etc.

Eric

WaltVA
08-04-2004, 09:36 AM
I gave up on the USPS for packages long ago - send everything UPS.

But USPS isn't always so great with letters, either. I've lived at the same address for over 20 years and a correctly addressed monthly rent check from a tenant was being consistently delivered to the same house # on the parallel street one block behind me. (I would get their mail, too.)

Took the envelopes to the local P.O., spoke to carrier, delivery supervisors, and asst. postmaster - only reply, "Can't imagine how that could happen - we'll keep a closer eye on it."

After 6 months of frustration, my tenants started making the 30-minute drive to hand-carry their rent.

Walt in Va

Wally_in_Cincy
08-04-2004, 10:12 AM
Remember in 1989 when an Emery Air Freight package addressed to Chris Mills "accidentally" came open in their LA terminal, revealing $2000 in cash the UK assistant coach had sent to his dad?

Don't recall the coach's name but Emery paid him $500,000 in damages. Ruined his career though.

TomBrooklyn
08-04-2004, 10:30 AM
I don't know that story Wally. Why was sending money to his father a problem?

TomBrooklyn
08-04-2004, 10:31 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Has anyone have a nightmare story about the USPS incompetency lately?<hr /></blockquote>I wouldn't piss off any postal workers... oh no, not a good idea.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-04-2004, 11:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> I don't know that story Wally. Why was sending money to his father a problem? <hr /></blockquote>

Chris Mills was a much-heralded high school basketball recruit out of LA. UCLA and Kentucky both wanted him. Somebody who worked for Emery that was a UCLA fan saw the package, opened it, found the money, and turned it over to a reporter.

Ross
08-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Tom, the asst. coach sent the money to the recruit's father, not his own father. NCAA frowns on that for some reason... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif