PDA

View Full Version : You know your addicted to pool if..............

recoveryjones
08-02-2004, 02:05 PM
Some one started a simuliar post on another forum and I would be interested to see what sort of pool addicts we have here.

Here's my story:

You know your addicted to pool if......

- if you ocassionally phone in sick from work and go to the pool hall instead.If the reason for doing so is that you slept in from playing till 1am the night before.
-if you head off to the pool hall immediatly after work and eat greasy pizza slices and McDonalds because you don't go home and cook a decent meal first
-if you belong to 4 pool forums
- if you own 30 plus instructional tapes/various pool matches, books, hypnosis tapes, etc.and are exubriantly looking for more
-if you've made your own homemade stroketrainer and have other training devices like the Jim Rempe cue ball etc.
- if you play in at least two tournaments a week, an 8 ball league and seemingly play every day( yes sometimes twice on Sundays) and do practice drills religiously.
-if you suscribe to pool magazines
- if you fantasize about owning your own Gold Crown and a whole different array of beautiful pool Custom cues
- if you go through withdrawels because the big tourneys like the WPC, US Open etc aren't on live TV and you have to go to some stinkin website to check the freakin' updated scores
-if you look in the mirror occasionally and say to yourself,"I need to get a life!"
- if you do all of this because you love the game so much, even though you have basically zip-zero-zilch chance of ever making a living from it, especailly in your mid forties

....no denial here folks, my name is RJ and I'm a poolaholic

Having said that, for the most part, "I'm a happy camper." /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cueless Joey
08-02-2004, 02:33 PM
you respond to this post. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
you've posted the same post subject before. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
you're here.

tateuts
08-02-2004, 04:08 PM
- Your physician is concerned about your circulation because the side of your bridge hand is discolored.

- You don't know the real names of most of your friends.

- You don't find it strange to meet people who own 10 or 20 cues and 10 cases but not one cube of chalk.

- You explain to your spouse in painstaking detail the subtleties of position, angles, and multi-rail pattern play to the puzzled look on their face.

Chris

9 Ball Girl
08-02-2004, 06:41 PM
when you respond to an email message at work with "tap tap tap"

Wendy~~~yup. it happened!

wantsumrice
08-02-2004, 08:03 PM
- If you stay awake at night thinking of how to become better.

- If you tell your parents that you need to go into Harvard to do work, but in reality you are meeting up with your friends to play pool.

~ivan

Tom_In_Cincy
08-02-2004, 09:01 PM
when you empty your pockets at nite after returning from a long day playing pool and you place the one piece of chalk on your nite stand next to the 17 other pieces.

I've got to stop pocketing chalk (really bad habit)

c.holtz009
08-02-2004, 09:06 PM
All of the above /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
08-03-2004, 12:56 AM
When you take a two week vacation and shoot pool for 92 hrs.

When you have a tattoo with a Magpie holding a 9 ball in one wing and a pool cue in the other.

When you know people named, No Money Mike, Squirel, Peg Leg Duaine, Slip, Frenchie, Fabio, Grumpy, Tommy Gun, Mad Brad, Mel the Mouth and the list doesn't stop.

When the cop says he clocked you speeding in PA and you reply, nice shot.

Regards,

C.C.

ryushen21
08-03-2004, 04:37 AM
-you take a low paying job because one of the perks is free pool time

-you refer to your pool videos and watching Fisher and Corr on ESPN as "studying"

-your friends can't use your cupholders because one is full of chalk cubes and the other one has your burnisher and shaft cleaner

-you can somehow turn anything into a pool related metaphor or analogy

-you can recognize a constellation because you think it looks like a poolplayer when everyone else sees a teapot (take a look at Sagittarius, i swear that it's there)

adc
08-03-2004, 04:58 AM
When you are in your car waiting for the traffic light to turn green, and you start to imagine that you are the cue ball, and all the other cars are giant pool balls and you wonder what happens if you carom into them, what angle will you carom off, etc...

When you tell a girl "I can't meet you anymore, the time is interfering with my practice"

When being able to make that shot upsets you more than the fight that broke out

When you factor in practicing pool the same priority as attending your lectures and tutorials

When you are willing to travel 15 miles everyday, back and forth, just so you can practice at a place with better tables, and you travel that 15 miles by waiting 1/2 hour for a bus, everyday, rain or shine

When you consider your cue(s) as your valuables

When after playing, you take a look at your bridging hand and realise that there is a slight tinge of the felt colour on your palm

When the hot chick you've met wants you to take her home now, but you say "I can't, I need to finish practicing pool first"

god, too many to recall

Rich R.
08-03-2004, 06:25 AM
--- When its your wedding anniversary and you take your wife to the pool hall, because your league team is in the regional playoffs.

Yep, did it three years in a row. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Barbara
08-03-2004, 07:35 AM
You won't drive to work because it snowed the night before but you will drive to the pool hall.

Barbara~~~been there, done that, and got stuck /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

pooltchr
08-03-2004, 08:26 AM
Your wife has a custom made wedding ring made for you with a 9-ball rack on it.

When you rent a pool hall for your wedding reception just to make sure all your friends will be there.

(Yes to both!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif)

rukiddingme
08-03-2004, 08:42 AM
when you decide to collect cues...
when you put off paying your bills because there is ANOTHER "beautiful must have it in my collection" cue on ebay...
ruk

Chris Cass
08-03-2004, 09:25 AM
LOL,

Our honeymoon started off at a tournamnet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Regards,

C.C.

rah
08-03-2004, 09:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rich R.:</font><hr> --- When its your wedding anniversary and you take your wife to the pool hall, because your league team is in the regional playoffs.

Yep, did it three years in a row. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Your wife must love pool or you would be dead by now. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rah
08-03-2004, 09:32 AM
You are addicted to pool when you buy a 4 and 1/2 by 9 and put it in a 5 by 10 room.

Barbara
08-03-2004, 09:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rah:</font><hr> You are addicted to pool when you buy a 4 and 1/2 by 9 and put it in a 5 by 10 room. <hr /></blockquote>

Classic Seinfeld!!!

Barbara

9 Ball Girl
08-03-2004, 09:46 AM
When your vacations from work involve pool. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wendy~~~33 days before I land in Norfolk!

houseman
08-03-2004, 11:53 AM
When your cue cost more than your car.

Chris Cass
08-03-2004, 12:00 PM
HAHAHAHA

AndreaWilson
08-03-2004, 03:59 PM
-If you're still a stranger and for the second day in a row your husband's dinner is late because you're hanging about in this forum laughing your "&amp;ss" off. Hee Hee!

FATS
08-03-2004, 05:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> LOL,

Our honeymoon started off at a tournamnet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Regards,

Hey Cris

I resemble that remark. It was the State championship and my best man was there instead of the wedding. Some more...
... if you take more than 3 trips to Vegas a year to play in a pool tournament
....you drive 80 miles one way 4 nights a week to quailfy for the Vegas tournaments

YEAH I HAVE IT BAD
FATS

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Rod
08-03-2004, 05:58 PM
You give a 2 hour lesson and your there for 4. LOL

ryushen21
08-03-2004, 10:37 PM
when you risk life and limb to go play 3-C in a questionable pool hall that is constantly inhabited by unsavory characters

Chris Cass
08-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Oh do we have it bad Fat's. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LOL,

C.C.~~Who's that throwing the balls like a maniac? That's Mike Massey honey.

Scott Lee
08-06-2004, 05:56 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> You give a 2 hour lesson and your there for 4. LOL <hr /></blockquote>

Rod...Bin der, dun dat...LOTS of times! LOL

Scott

woody_968
08-07-2004, 09:12 AM
And we have all been very thankfull Scott /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

snipershot
08-07-2004, 12:09 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote recoveryjones:</font><hr>
-if you belong to 4 pool forums
<hr /></blockquote>

You too hey /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

NU_Gameroom_Guy
08-21-2004, 12:01 PM
u know your a pool addict if:
1. you get a $7/hr job at the school gameroom so you can play for free
2. you spend more time in the gameroom than in actual classes
3. you failed a class because of #2 /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif and know other people in the same position /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
4. when random people come up to you and say; "hey, your that gameroom guy right?" /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
5. when you see no problem with playing 9 hours straight

-Ray
"my friends are planning an intervention for me pretty soon &gt;_&lt;"