PDA

View Full Version : Dirty ferrule

05-09-2002, 12:17 PM
Why do I have such a tough time keeping my ferrule clean? It's always stained with chalk. It's not getting there when I chalk the cue - I'm careful about that - but it keeps getting stained anyway. Some people don't seem to have any trouble with it, but I do. I'm using a Predator shaft with the original ferrule. Any suggestions?

Scott Lee
05-09-2002, 03:18 PM
I have posted this info before, and will happily do it again, because it works SO well! Pick up a can of Turtle Wax Polishing Compound at the grocery or hardware store. With a damp cloth, take a LITTLE bit of compound and rub it onto the ferrule (take care to not get it on the wood of your shaft. Take a clean cloth and polish the ferrule. Repeat if necessary. It will completely sparkling clean.

Scott Lee

Doctor_D
05-10-2002, 02:04 AM
Good morning:

The ferrules on a Predator shaft seem to attract and retain the dust from chalking the tip. All I do is clean the ferrule after each day's use and I am good to go.

Dr. D.

05-10-2002, 07:34 AM
SilKleen works very well on cleaning ferrules including the predator.
JB

travellerdl2
05-10-2002, 08:36 AM
Toothpaste works well also, not to mention sparkling fresh
breath after use!! Seriously, use the old white stuff, not the new Gels (gels may work I just haven't tried them) . Carefully apply to ferrule and wipe clean.. Mark

05-10-2002, 10:39 AM
toothpaste is a NO NO. although it cleans but the ferrule has that wierd surface feel, kinda a bit sticky and the smell of toothpaste on a ferrule doesn't seemed to be right. try it on a fibre ferrule and you'll see what i mean weel even on a pred's ferrule.