PDA

View Full Version : Our Basketball Team May Struggle in the Olympics..

nhp
08-03-2004, 06:06 PM
Wow! Read this...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5592755/?GT1=4529

nAz
08-04-2004, 09:44 AM
lol

they got rocked last night /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I personally blame all this on GW bUSH, he pissed off the rest of the world so much that they are now trying their best to beat us at anything they can lol

Cueless Joey
08-04-2004, 09:50 AM
I think our team doesn't know to play as a TEAM!

nAz
08-04-2004, 09:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> I think our team doesn't know to play as a TEAM! <hr /></blockquote>

yep Italy was definitely on the same page.

dg-in-centralpa
08-04-2004, 03:21 PM
I can't believe this is the best the NBA can put together. I understand their fears of terrorism but....they have to play much better.

DG - remembers when the original dream team installed fear in their opponents

catscradle
08-05-2004, 01:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote dg-in-centralpa:</font><hr> I can't believe this is the best the NBA can put together. I understand their fears of terrorism but....they have to play much better.

DG - remembers when the original dream team installed fear in their opponents <hr /></blockquote>

They probably assumed all they had to do was show up and play playground ball. Now they realize that their opposition can play the game and I suspect they will not continue to play playground ball. If they do they will be having some problems.
If they continue as they are they can be renicknamed the "Nightmare Team".

wolfdancer
08-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Our team has discovered a basketball violation, called travelling...This is a unknown concept in the NBA, but the Olympic refs willl be calling these fouls, on our world travellers.

eg8r
08-06-2004, 05:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Our team has discovered a basketball violation, called travelling...This is a unknown concept in the NBA, but the Olympic refs willl be calling these fouls, on our world travellers. <hr /></blockquote> You are absolutely correct. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif I think this is as much a problem with the players as it is with the NBA Officiating. Travelling is almost always ignored. It drives me nuts to see an official allow something in the beginning of the game and then be tough on it at the end. Why not just follow the rules then entire game and force every single player to abide by the same rules?

I think the USA team will get their heads straight and pick it up, but they have been a bit shaky lately.

eg8r

Voodoo Daddy
08-06-2004, 11:19 AM
We didnt send our best, not even close to third string bench IMO. Bunch of "ME" players...not one pure shooter in the crowd. They snuck by Germany...the Olympic Team should be called the Special Olympic Team, pathetic!!

Voodoo~~~yearns for the Bird-Magic-Jordan team!!!

catscradle
08-06-2004, 11:24 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Our team has discovered a basketball violation, called travelling...This is a unknown concept in the NBA, but the Olympic refs willl be calling these fouls, on our world travellers. <hr /></blockquote>

LOL!!!
I won't even watch an NBA game because of the flaunting of the rules and college ball is headed in the same direction. The other thing is the fact that everybody palms the ball like it's going out of style, I guess that is technically travelling though I've always refered to it as palming. I have a theory that it is all Dr. J's fault, the amazing things he did put fannies in the seats, so the NBA wanted more of it, the only problem was not many other people could do what he did without breaking the rules so the refs were instructed to just look the other way. Not much of a theory but better than none.
Cat. &lt;== Formerly one of the world's biggest basketball fans.

data_dox
08-15-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm behind all our athletes over there.. cept of course the basketball team, it's fun watching them get spanked. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

PQQLK9
08-15-2004, 01:12 PM
sounds like a personal problem to me /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Ross
08-15-2004, 02:43 PM
Puerto Rico - 92
Team USA - 73

The US is something like 3 for 25 from a 21' 3-point line. But during an interview during the game, Larry Brown said that he didn't think outside shooting was that important???

Props to Puerto Rico - they played absolutely fantastic.

Kato
08-16-2004, 06:04 PM
You're 100% right Steve. Not one spot up shooter in the bunch. You think the original dream team with Jordan, Bird, Magic, Barkley and the rest of the bunch would let this crap happen? The should just send whomever wins the college basketball championship. At least we'd be sending a team.

If this is the best we're gonna send then we should go back to the college kids and take our lumps. I bet you that the NBA players and league professionals from other countries take this alot more seriously than our guys do. It's awfully easy to console yourself when you go home to your 10 million dollar house and your posse.

Kato

hotshot
08-18-2004, 08:26 AM
Here are the reasons i think we are doing bad:
1.Not playing as a team
2.They dont practice outside shots anymore.....all they kno how to do these days is dunk