PDA

View Full Version : Big Apple 9 Ball Challenge

Nostroke
08-03-2004, 09:43 PM
Anyone have any info on the field? I heard it was close to being filled as of Monday, I m hoping most of the Players for next Weeks Challenge of Champions at Mohegan Sun will enter as they did last year. Anyone have specifics? Wendy?

PS- i heard T Robles will likely be at the Open this year.

9 Ball Girl
08-03-2004, 09:57 PM
Hi Dave! I'm just getting back from Masters. Alexandra and I were doing up the name tags that'll hang above the tables so you know who's playing. We've got something like 112 players out of the 128. As you probably know, Earl Strickland is playing this year. Most of the UPA guys will be there. I don't recall seeing Efren Reyes' name though. Or Troy Frank. I was actually surprised at some of the locals who'll be participating, actually at one in particular--Michael Wong. Johnny Archer was there testing out the tables. Just to name a few others that'll be there: Bustamante, Pagulayan, Parica, Garcia, Cruz, Morris, Hernandez, Souquet, Hohmann, Immonen, Williams, Kane, Double J, Delicious, The Freezer, Earthquake, Matthews, Varner, Saez, Brothers, Ginky (really!), Flaco, Korsiak, Robles, Alvarez, Eberle, Harriman, Petroni, Crosby, Hopkins, etc...

We're going to be raffling off more cues this year than last, a basket full of pool gadgets, a 2 hour lesson with Tony Robles, a 7 foot Diamond Table, and a couple of other things. My mind is mush right now as always! LOL

The players meeting is tomorrow which I have to attend. We'll also be doing the drawing and player auction at that time (I think we're doing an auction--again, mushy mind).

I've been speaking to Tony a lot lately and he is DEFINITELY going to the US Open this year. He can't wait. To play that is. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nostroke
08-03-2004, 10:23 PM
You are the best Wendy- 14 minutes and i had all the info i wanted!! Ill be there tomorrow nite-Thurs nite i have court with the creep outfit that smashed my car but other than that ill be there. Thanks again

dfl

9 Ball Girl
08-04-2004, 06:14 AM
Great! I'll see you there! Good luck with the creep.

Keith Talent
08-04-2004, 01:35 PM
So, Wendy, is there going to be a ring game tonight? I've heard rumors that's it's on, then it's off, then it's on again. Might be able to stop by after work if it goes late.

Buckster_uk
08-05-2004, 06:42 AM
No Cory Deuel?

9 Ball Girl
08-06-2004, 06:31 AM
No ring game. Sorry I'm late in reporting this but I've had a very looooooooong day at the poolroom. Sheesh, I take off of work but I still have to get up early! LOL

Anyway, some of these guys were confirmed to be there and I'm not so sure on others:

Corey Deuel
Allan Hopkins
Jose Garcia
Earl Strickland (not sure if he was confirmed or not)
Keith McCready (not sure if he was confirmed or not)
Scott Frost
Buddy Hall

I can't remember some of the others. Mushy mind is taking its effect again.

I was surpised that Fabio Petroni forfeited his match. He was right in front of me about a half an hour before his next match was announced but he didn't show. Hmmmmmm. Jose Garcia was another forfeit. And Rob Saez forfeited his first match--he had arrived about 5 minutes after his 15 minute window.

More to come. Oh, and you all can check AZBilliards and Inside Pool with updates.