PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Midwest Open/Expo

John in NH
08-05-2004, 09:35 AM
Hi all,

Am considering playing in the Expo in October, with so many tournaments being held at the Expo, any feedback regarding the tournaments being held there would be appreciated.

I've never played in a BCA league but a friend of mine does and he told me that I would be rated a 7 if I did.

They're are two nine ball tournaments, which one of these should I enter or both:

1. 9 Ball Open limited to 256 players.
2. 9 Ball Pro Event limited to 64 players.

The Senior open includes women, but the men have a handicap of 2 on the wire, a 5 year age differential?

I also enjoy bank pool, 1 pocket, bank pool is played on a 7 foot table so I decided against playing in that one, one pocket I'm not sure of?

They're is only one 8 ball tournament being held but at this point I'm concerned about how much energy I would have left for the Week-end.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

Regards,

John

Karatemom
08-05-2004, 10:55 PM
Hi John. You don't have to be a member of the BCA to play in the Midwest Open/Expo, and you're handicap wouldn't matter. It's a race, but I forgot what it's a race to, LOL. They will have some 9' tables there this year so I imagine the one pocket tourney will be held on those. When we went last year, they didn't have this many events, and although it was a little confusing at times, I think this year will be much better. It sounds to me like it will be jam packed full of things to do. The three of us plan on attending and playing in most of the events. Eydie and Bob will be happy to answer any questions you might have. Their web site is www.pooltournaments.net (http://www.pooltournaments.net)

HTH,

Heide

Chris Cass
08-05-2004, 11:28 PM
Hi John,

Hey buddy just remember to look into if the events lap over one another. I don't think they will but in that case I think you'll have to frofiet one or the other if the time comes. I'm not sure but email Bob and he'll get it right for you.

Regards,

C.C.

Bob
08-06-2004, 12:04 AM
Hello John,

A warm welcome to the Midwest Expo! This year is a bit confusing with all of the events so I will try and answer some of your questions.

First, as Heide said, you do not have to be a member of any league system for all of the OPEN events. All league players welcome! We do have some APA events that are only eligible to members, but they are NOT affiliated with the Midwest Open events.

Yes, very confusing and I must admit that I confuse myself on a regular basis! LOL, but no need to worry, we have hired a battery of different tournament directors that specialize in these different events, so with a little luck and good rolls we should be in good shape. You can see the schedule of events by going to our website at www.pooltournaments.net (http://www.pooltournaments.net) and to the Expo link then to schedule of events.

You can play in the Banks, 8 and 9 Ball without them conflicting. The others are play at your own risk. Meaning that you can enter as many of the events as you want, but IF you get called for a match in both events at the same time then you have to choose. Please do keep checking the schedule because we are updating it on a regular basis.

If you have any direct questions, please feel free to post them on this forum, e-mail us direct at windycityopen@aol.com or call me at 630-254-3396.

Keep in mind that we have a golf outing too that you will be able to golf with some of your favorite pro's like Rodney Morris, Corey Duell and Earl Strickland... And, the first place winners in both the 9 and 8 Ball divisions in the Open field, receive a trip for two on the cruise line Discovery to the Bahamas where they will spend 3 fun filled days on the Grand Bahamas Island, in addition to cash rewards.... Sound like fun? Hope so, that is what the Midwest Expo/Open is all about!

We have limited the amount of exhibitors this year to bring in more pool tables for Action, Action, Action!

Ok, hope I answered some of your questions, thanks for the post and I appreciate the plug!

Bob Romano

Chris Cass
08-06-2004, 12:15 AM
Thanks for answering my questions too Bob. I really did enjoy the time we attended last time even though I was having some medical problems at the time.

I know this event is going to keep on getting bigger each yr. I do think you'll look good with grey hair. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~doesn't know how he does all this stuff. /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

John in NH
08-06-2004, 09:10 AM
Hi Chris,

Thanks for your input, everything seems to be falling into place, now I've got to convince my wife to go with me, wish me luck.

Regards,

John

John in NH
08-06-2004, 09:18 AM
Hi Bob,

Thanks for answering my questions, once I get the OK from my wife I'll be sending in my entry form.

Looking forward to the expo.

Regards,

John