PDA

View Full Version : World Surfing,Pool tables in Beach,Tahiti

Vagabond
05-09-2002, 06:51 PM
Hello Mates,
I went to watch World surfing championships held in the north side of this beautiful French polynesian Island of Tahiti.It was interesting to see four pool tables in one of the booths on the beach at the site of surfing championships.Lot of young people were playing.This is interesting to me, because the France and it`s territories do not play much American pool.Since I do not speak French,I did not try to talk to any of those youth playing the game.I thought Pool is becoming known in other parts of the World and it is a good news. Cheers

Vagabond

TomBrooklyn
05-10-2002, 12:32 AM
Vagabond,

- Aren't there parrots in Tahiti?

That reminds me of the time I was playing some bar room pool when a Frenchman walked in with a parrot perched on his shoulder. The bartender said to him, "Wow, thats really neat! Where did you get him?"
In France", the parrot replied, "They've got millions of them."

05-10-2002, 08:24 AM
HaHa! Good one!

Eric

rackmup
05-10-2002, 08:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr> because the France and it`s territories do not play much American pool.<hr></blockquote>

Wow...French-Surfer-Dude-Pool-Players.

Like, Le Cool Dude.

Vous vous dites: c'est bien beau, mais pourquoi que la bille la bas elle a tourne a droite quand elle a touche l'autre bille de l'autre cote et qu'elle a fait un angle comme ca en touchant la bande?? Eh bien, je vais essayer de vous l'expliquer rationellement.

(I have no idea what that says.)

Regards,

Ken (it's a Global game)

05-10-2002, 02:24 PM
hello,
did not see a single parrot.By the way u had surfers from all over the world.cheers
vagabond