PDA

View Full Version : Jump/Break cues

woody
08-05-2004, 08:20 PM
I would like every ones opinion on jump/break cues or just jump cues. Do jump/break cues jump as well as regular jump cues. It seems the jump cues that are held like a dark can jump closer to an object ball than a cue broken down from a break cue. I am looking into buying one or the other, any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Sid_Vicious
08-05-2004, 09:33 PM
woody...Jumpers as such jump better that jump sections of BJ cues, but there are exceptions, one being the Jerico. The jump section of that cue is FINE! There may be others like it, but I've never hit with one. The best bet though is to buy a good jumper and then break with a breaker, even a wall stick. JM2C...sid

Barbara
08-05-2004, 10:10 PM
Sorry I can't answer your question, I'm awaiting a lesson from a Chris Cass to teach me how to jump with the Frog that Robin Dodson gave me. Oh, actually it was Roy. But Robin got me to jump a couple balls. I just really haven't tried it on my own table at home. Something about the tip should be flat or something.

Barbara~~~thinking that if God wanted me jump cueballs, he would've given them wings... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stickman
08-05-2004, 10:39 PM
I love mine. I bought a used Wizard sneaky-pete for $30.00. I replaced the ferrule with an IvorX, and put on a white jump tip from Raven cues. I built my own jump handle. It breaks okay. It prevents me from damaging my tips on my shooting cue from power breaking, and I never worry about hitting the rail and possibly putting a ding in the shaft on my shooting cue as well. As a jumper, it really shines! I can consistantly jump an object ball only 2"s away with an underhanded stroke. I use the dart stroke when I'm caught in the middle of the table. My jumper works as good or better than anything I've ever tried, even some expensive custom jumpers. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif The jump handle fits in the front pocket of my cue case.

Jim

http://images.snapfish.com/33%3B4996%3B23232%7Ffp64%3Dot>2335%3D65%3B%3D<87%3 DXROQDF>2323599%3B5%3B462ot1lsi

Paul_Mon
08-06-2004, 05:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Barbara:</font><hr> Sorry I can't answer your question, I'm awaiting a lesson from a Chris Cass to teach me how to jump with the Frog that Robin Dodson gave me. Oh, actually it was Roy. But Robin got me to jump a couple balls. I just really haven't tried it on my own table at home. Something about the tip should be flat or something.

Barbara~~~thinking that if God wanted me jump cueballs, he would've given them wings... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Barbara,

The Frog is very user friendly. On Saturday morning of the VF Expo Robin was selling 4 $20 raffle tickets for a chance at winning a Frog. The cool thing was that the three "losers" had the opportunity to buy one for $60. I was fortunate enough to win the raffle and Robin had me jumping with it in minutes.

Personally I think jump cues should be banned. But everyone is using them and I figured it was time to join the crowd.

Paul Mon

Sid_Vicious
08-06-2004, 07:02 AM
"It seems the jump cues that are held like a dark can jump closer to an object ball than a cue broken down from a break cue"

I missed answering this for ya...once I learned the dart stroke I became proficient in not only hitting the air for the jump, I found I could play half decent shape as well. IMO your statement above is correct most all of the time, but there are exceptional BJ makers who have engineered a nice jump section, Bungee ain't a shabby BJ cue for the money, but you'll mostly need to find custom builders with "their touch" put into the jump section to really get a handy jump segment. I'd still probably buy a dedicated JC...sid

rocky
08-06-2004, 09:34 AM
I had the opprertunity to play with about ten of the top jump cues at one time. I cn tell you there is a big difference between them. What type of stroke is needed to produce the results you want, strength, aim. IMHO leather tips are more accurate, but don't jump as easy. The best tip that i found was on a jump cue from Omega, some type of leather and phenolic combo. ( maybe a leather pad under the phenolic tip is what it looks like) I didnt care for the frog at all, thought the jacoby was way to pricy for how well it preformend but looked awesome. Bungi are always a safe bet. But at $79 retail you cant beat the Omega IMHO.