PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Expo/Hotels?

Perk
08-06-2004, 06:26 AM
Where is everyone staying? I dont think my friend and I will be able to swing 3 or 4 nights at the Pheasant Run 139.00 a night, so we are looking at the other hotels there. Holiday Inn Express/Bestwestern

Anyone elso going? Staying at different hotels? Recommendations?

TIA

Bob
08-06-2004, 07:45 AM
Hey Perk!

The room nights are reduced for our group, you have to call the hotel direct at 630-584-6300 or 1-800 4 PHEASANT. Here is how it goes. Monday through Wednesday nights are $69.00 plus tax and the other nights are $99.00 plus tax a night. You have to call the hotel direct, and tell them the Billiards rate and you cannot book it over the Internet.

Hope this helps! Please call me direct if you have any problems at 630-244-2900 and I will fix you up.

Eydie Romano

rukiddingme
08-06-2004, 07:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Perk:</font><hr> Where is everyone staying? I dont think my friend and I will be able to swing 3 or 4 nights at the Pheasant Run 139.00 a night, so we are looking at the other hotels there. Holiday Inn Express/Bestwestern

Anyone elso going? Staying at different hotels? Recommendations?

TIA <hr /></blockquote>
Thank goodness the Pheasant Run has a pretty big parking lot /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
ruk

Perk
08-06-2004, 08:00 AM
99..thats better....thankyou...our reservations are set.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dooziexx
08-06-2004, 08:05 AM
I'll be staying at home... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif There are tons of hotels with a mile or 2 of Pheasent run. Heres a list:
Hilton Garden Inn
Country Inn
Courtyard by Marriott
Holiday Inn express
Quality Inn
Super 8
Hope that helps and cya at the event.... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Bob
08-06-2004, 08:09 AM
Perk,
Oh, BTW did I mention the golf outing???? LOL. that should be fun and besides you can golf with some of your favorites and not so favorites! Cory, Rodney and Earl are signed up so far! Bring the clubs, it's on Wednesday morning, shotgun at 11:00 AM.

Perk
08-06-2004, 08:20 AM
We wont be there till thursday morning....but we will have the clubs for the off time... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

woody_968
08-06-2004, 08:47 AM
I am thinking about going, but even at 99 per night I may be looking to stay in another hotel.

Does anyone know if you play in the 9ball open will you be able to watch the pro events for free or will you have to pay to get in?

Thanks.

Bob
08-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Good question, and this is how it will work. If you are playing in any of the events, you automatically get a wrist band into the mega center. You bands will depend on your tournament entry.

Here is an example:

If you are coming in on Thursday to play in the 9 Ball event ONLY you will get a band that indicates to us that you are there to play in the 9 Ball event. While you have the wrist band you can freely walk the mega center where the exhibitors, pro event and other activities are being held.

If you want to sit and watch the pro event, there will be a charge for the selected seating. The pro event will not be inclosed, so that you will be able to watch it standing. We encourage and appreciate you buying a seat for the round, (nominal fee like $5 or so bucks, I don't have the price on it yet and it will most likely be posted when you get there), because it helps off set the cost of this very expensive event.

Now if you are staying but NOT playing in the event, there is a door charge, just like at Valley Forge. So, basically, if you are playing in the event there is NOT a door charge. IF you are NOT playing in the event there IS a door charge.

Regarding the hotels, the closest hotel is the Hilton directly across the street but you can expect to pay in the $125 rate. You can hike it down to the Super 8 (about 4 miles) but you must have transportation and good luck finding a parking space once you get back to the resort. Last year, parking filled the lots and into the streets.

Ok, keep the questions coming!

Eydie

Perk
08-06-2004, 09:38 AM
Question: So if you are playing in the 8ball event, but are there during the 9ball event with friends playing, you have to pay to get in on the days that the 8ball isnt being played?

Perk
08-06-2004, 09:40 AM
Through the internet, I found that the going price was cheapest at some hotels around 75 or so plus tax...here was my search query:
http://hotel-guides.us/illinois/saint-charles-il-hotels.html

So I figured that the 25 extra to be in same place/parking was warranted.....HTH

Bob
08-06-2004, 09:48 AM
Hey Perk,

Yes, you have to may a very low enterance fee into the MEGA Center only. There is another room aprox 25,000 sq feet (The St. Charles Ballroom) full of 7 foot Diamond Smart Tables for you to play on with NO enterance charge.

We will have a wrist band that you can purchase for spouces/friends for lenght of stay for a reduced price. Children under the age of 9 are free.

Don't worry we are not after your pocket, that is why the entry fees into the events are so low. And this is how we need to recoop some of our expenses for producing this event. Valley Forge offers the same set up, although our cover prices will be lower then theirs.

Eydie