PDA

View Full Version : Big Apple Update

9 Ball Girl
08-06-2004, 01:35 PM
Ok guys. I'm using the laptop of the Pokertropolis.com people so I'm going to poast as much as I can and not steal anymore of their time.

Tony R beat Danny Barouty. Tony plays today at 7 PM with Evan Broxmeyer.

Alan Rolon beat Ginky 11-8. Rolon is an extremely great player. And cute. Teehee.

Frankie H. is playing Archer RIGHT NOW. Frankie is up 6-4.

A player who's been making some noise is Charlie "The Hillbilly" Bryant. He's still on the winners side and playing Jonathan Smith as I write this.

Robb Saez' forfeit came from coming in late from being stuck in traffic. Fabio Petroni's forfeit came from oversleeping (jetlag I think). Other forfiets are from the no shows, not too sure what happened there.

My mind, as usual, has become mush. More later.

Oh oh oh! Mike Geffner came over and introduced himself to me. Nice guy and happy birthday to him today!

Mike Webb is way too down to earth. He is just awesome. I can definitely hang with him.

Ok, back to working this tourney!

Harold Acosta
08-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Thanks for the "Puerto Rican" update! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
08-06-2004, 08:37 PM
Some Girls have all the fun /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thanks for the update.

Jimmy B
08-07-2004, 01:14 AM
I'll be in the city all day today, but can't make it over, sounds like a good time, I'm sorry I'm missing it. Yankee game and diner on Mulberry.

JB

9 Ball Girl
08-07-2004, 07:48 AM
Hey Jimbo, my bud Mike Webb says Hey. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif He also told me you've been looking good lateley. Keep it up! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-07-2004, 07:51 AM
I'm keeping a close eye on them "for you" Harold. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif They're so much fun, you always know when one of them wins 'cause they all start to clap and they all sweat each others matches. I love them, er it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jimmy B
08-08-2004, 01:01 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Hey Jimbo, my bud Mike Webb says Hey. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif He also told me you've been looking good lateley. Keep it up! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

What!!!!! You mean I didn't look good last time I saw you??? What the hell type of back handed compliment is that?? LOL Only kidding, tell Mike HI, he's a real nice guy and does great work, anyone in the area should stop in just to get some tips replaced.

JB

onepocketfanatic
08-08-2004, 02:51 AM
Thanks for the update. Hillbilly is a very frequent player at Legends Billiards here in Houston.He is also an excellent teacher (I have take a couple of lessons with him). He is not only a really good player, but one of the nicest and most humble pool players I know. A really down to earth and great guy. Glad to hear he is still on the winners side. Thanks again for the info....keep us posted if you can.

9 Ball Girl
08-08-2004, 07:45 AM
Tony R. beat Danny Harriman

Rodney Morris beat Tony R. and sent Tony to the left side.

Jose Parica beat Rodney both on the hill. That was one helluva a match.

Ralf Souquet beat Alan Rolon. Alan is still hot. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Jose Parica beat Ralf Souquet.

Thomas Engert beat Robb Saez.

There's a guy over on the AZB forum that has a more detailed account of the matches.

Well, off I go again. The final match will be at 9 PM tonight, single elimination, race to 13.

PQQLK9
08-08-2004, 08:03 AM
thanks wendy...

Nostroke
08-08-2004, 09:01 PM
The finals is Archer VS Jones- Jones in 3 straight matches came back to win from 8-3, 7-2 and maybe 5-1 over Souqet, Rodney and Parica respectively and still managed to be boring.

The finals wasn't going to start til after a show by the "Trick Shot Ministry" Given the show, the final match-up and the long day i couldnt hang in any longer.

Chris Cass
08-08-2004, 09:10 PM
Hi Harold,

Tony Robles is Italian.

Regards,

C.C.

Nostroke
08-08-2004, 09:36 PM
I decided to "watch" the finals on worldpool.com. Ive had it "on" now for 19 minutes and i have yet to see a single complete shot or heard a complete sentence. Kid Delicious and Hillbilly are commentating and i get half sentences and its driving me crazy because i could listen to KD all day. You get 2 seconds of video and then a still shot for 15 seconds or so and then another 2 seconds live with the balls in different places of course because you missed a shot or 2. This is brutal. im asking for a refund as soon as i can figure out how. I have a great cable connection so i dont think its me.

I saw a score though 7-3 Archer

33 minutes now- I have yet to see a cue stick touch a cueball- i think its 8-3

53 minutes and i finally saw a cue touch a ball- it froze before the ball reached the pocket though. I think its 9-5 now.

11-10 Archer-I saw a ball pocketed finally in the last rack.

11-11

12-12 Jeremy shooting

Archer wins it

Wally_in_Cincy
08-09-2004, 06:47 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Harold,

Tony Robles is Italian.

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

Are you joking?

Tony Robles is Puerto Rican. I can't recall if he was born there but he is definitely of Puerto Rican heritage.

His name does not end in a vowel /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Cass thinks all good pool players are Italian /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-09-2004, 12:37 PM
Dave, that final match between Archer and Jones was excruciating! I love pool but man there should be a law with having 2 notoriously slow players play against each other. I should've taken a strand of raffle tickets and choke myself!

After the trickshot show, after I pulled all the raffles, and after everything was all said and done, the match got underway at 11 PM. After about three 10 minute breaks (I think there were 3 although it should've been 2), after all the towel wiping, shot aiming, walk-around the table, powdering the hands--it was over at 2:10 AM. I never thought that something that I love so much can be so boring at times. Do you remember how exciting the match between Parica and Morris was when they were on the hill and Parica won? Why can't all matches be that way? Oh well, there were some good shots though but still. I'm surprised that they weren't put on a shot clock from the getgo like the way Parica and Jones were in the semifinals. Last year when Charlie won it was done at about 9:30ish-10:30ish. Such bliss compared to this one!

Wendy&lt;---will be working the World Summit next.../ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Harold Acosta
08-09-2004, 01:04 PM
Chris, where do you get that Tony Robles is Italian?

Nostroke
08-09-2004, 01:21 PM
Yea- If everyone played like JJ, i dont think pool would ever grow its audience. If it is too much for us to take, imagine how it would be to a first timer.

I was there for the raffle, i drove home to Westchester, stopping for a late nite snack along the way. I goofed around when i got home for at least 45 minutes-then registered with Worldpool.com- got the match somewhat on the PC and the score was 6-2. I think it was 2 hours from there to the finish. The only thing that kept me was listening to the half sentences that came through from Hillbilly and Kid Delicious. Pretty amusing stuff-wish i could have heard it all.

9 Ball Girl
08-09-2004, 01:39 PM
I'm still recuperating! When I saw that JJ was coming through on the loser's side--and good for him in doing so--I already knew what to expect. Even then those matches were starting at about 30-40 minutes later. Ay yi yi! And it's funny 'cause I'd look around the room and saw some folks nodding and some, like me, had that "deer in the headlights" look. LOL

Oh and this part is true. JJ had tied it at 11. He sunk the 9, I believe it was his turn to break and he broke. I got up, went to the bar, waited for the waitress to come over, got myself a beer, had an about 7 minute conversation with TR, walked back into the arena, and JJ was still contemplating the push. God bless him. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Keith Talent
08-09-2004, 05:27 PM
So, was Johnny's son there for the duration? Talk about way past bedtime!

I could only stall my young'n (who I toted along cause I never would've gotten clearance to go without taking one of the twins off my wife's hands, and because it made for a nice father-son afternoon) till the end of Archer-Parica at 5. If I'd had any idea the match could go so late, I could have hustled back out there. Shoulda realized it was destiny when JJ was coming back against Souquet.

Nonetheless it was great time. Got to introduce Cameron around a little ... he got to meet 9BG and nAz, and also had the privilege of wrestling a little with Johnny's son, and was fussed over twice by a doting Bustamante. Saez was trying to make a game with him, even ... well, I think he was offering the 6.

Hope they can keep it going next year ... terrific event.

So, Wendy, since I couldn't make it to the raffle, I've been hanging by the phone to see when somebody would get around to telling me I got that Mike Webb cue, or the lessons with Tony. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Johnny Jr. was there for the duration. Matter of fact, he woke up when Dad won and took victory pictures along with his daddy. Very cute. Past his bedtime? Maybe. But if the kid sleeps all day I would think he'd be up all night.

The winner of the Mike Webb cue is someone from Corner Billiards who plays 1 Pocket. I forgot his name. The lesson from Tony was won by Eddie Vazquez.

I had a good time. Love the cheeks on Cameron. Very cute! Every now and then I'd here gurgling sounds behind the curtain and it would either be Cameron, Catherine Barouty, or mini Scorpion!

Keith Talent
08-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Didn't see Baby Barouty ... but I'm glad you heard some other kids making funny little sounds. I stayed off to the edge of things so I could get away quickly if he started making noise. But it was uncanny ... if somebody really agonized over a shot and the place was holding its collective breath over 20 warmup strokes, my 10-month-old couldn't help but let out a little mmm mmm .... or, on one occasion, dropped his pacifier just a hair before Ralf slow-rolled a long 3 ball, which jawed ... aargh!

No doubt he got a kick out of you, Wendy ... a total ladies' man, I'm afraid. It's tough walking around with the world's greatest chick magnet ... and you can't use it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif