PDA

View Full Version : My super glue gone bad?

One
08-06-2004, 08:03 PM
My Super Attak super glue is about 4 years old, when it was new the tip got stuck on the ferrule after 3-5 seconds and I couldn't get it off with force. Now it takes over a minute for the tip to stay on it without moving, and even then I can remove the tip with force. Just to be sure I let the tip dry for over 2 days using a clamp, but it fell off after 30 mins in the pool room. I sand both surfaces of the ferrule and tip before putting glue on, maybe the sandpaper is worn out and both surfaces are not rough enough? I even tried a different amount of glue every time, and it fell off all 6 times; twice in the pool room, 4 times while trimming it.

Is it normal that super glue stops working as good as before? It is still as thin as it was when I bought it. I haven't stored it in a refridgerator but it doesn't say anything about that on the box. I even tried shaking the bottle, but that didn't help also.

I like the consistent hit of the thin super glue, but I am afraid the tip will fall off.
4+ years ago I used a thick glue that took longer to dry, but the tip stayed on really hard, I even had to sand (with knife) away the tip when replacing it, there was always remains of the tip left on the ferrule. While with the super glue the whole tip used to come off with only glue left on the ferrule.

So I need to buy some new glue right? The store only has the same Super Attak super glue and Tweeten's 10 minute cement, anyone tried both?

BillPorter
08-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Some people won't keep opened super glue more than a few months. I have heard that it does lose strength fairly soon after it has been opened.

Harold Acosta
08-06-2004, 08:18 PM
4 year old glue? Throw it away and buy a new tube or bottle.

Tweeten Cement glue? Forget about it!

Tom_In_Cincy
08-06-2004, 08:35 PM
When I put on a new tip (maybe once ever 6 months) I always buy a new tube of Duro-Gel.

It doesn't cost much, sometimes I buy two tubes.

Chris Cass
08-07-2004, 12:57 AM
Your killing me dude. Get off that wallet and sping for some glue. LOL

Regards,

C.C.~~glue them eyelashes in place too. lol