PDA

View Full Version : Playing shaved (eyebrows and eyelashes)

One
08-06-2004, 09:00 PM
My eyelashes annoy me when I look a little upwards, I can see a little of the eyebrows too. I need to open my eyes a lot so I will not be able to see the eyelashes, but then I get a headache after a while.
I tried using an Eyelash Curler to curl up the eyelashes like girls use, but after a day my eyelashes dropped down again and are infront of the eyes again.
What do eyeslashes do? Protect dirt from entering the eye? Is it safe to cut them off?

Also does anyone play with shaved stroke arm for extra speed?

Popcorn
08-06-2004, 09:50 PM
I used to play a guy called "Danny eyebrows" He had his eyebrows shaved off and the painted new ones on, don't ask me why. I have the same problem as you, my eyebrows go all over the place and I can see them when ever I get down on the ball. I guess I am just used to looking at them. My wife trims them once and a while when she cuts my hair.

Chris Cass
08-07-2004, 12:47 AM
Hi Popcorn,

Well, Heide cuts my hair too. She doesn't have much to cut so it's quick. I too have the bushy eyebrows too. Heide can't stand them when they get too bushy and I used to have the stylist at Walmart cut my hair. She'd ask if I would like them trimmed. The oly one my entire life to ask me that question.

She did and I've had problems with them getting in my vision so, I'll trim them too. The problem I have is that I can't see them too well. So, I end up looking like they were trimmed but badly too. LOL

My eye lashes are long too but I don't see them much. I will every now and then have to sit and pull them for a bit and free the ones that fall out. They can bug me to death.

Funny how it works. The older you get the less vision up close and then hair starts growing out of the strangest places. You can't see them but I guess what you don't see won't hurt you? LOL

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
08-07-2004, 12:51 AM
Hi One,

Glad you brought this up. I shaved my arm once to see if I could improve my break speed. I found after trial and error that 99 hairs work for me. If I go below that I'll fly off the table. If I go above then, it's like the cb zero's in on the side pocket. Yep, 99 is perfect for me.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif,

C.C.~~LMAO

woody_968
08-07-2004, 09:20 AM
Hi CC, I took this a little farther and shaved my entire body, but for somereason I lost track of what I was doing and forgot about going to play pool /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
08-07-2004, 09:44 AM
Hey bud,

I know a guy that shaved his eyebrows and he's already shaved his head. I swear he looks like an alien. I know another that has some type of phobia also against hair. He has none visable except for his eyebrows and lashes. I don't ask any questions. I'm waiting to see what's next. LOL

Regards,

C.C.

phil in sofla
08-07-2004, 01:05 PM
I've known a few collegiate swimmers, and they seemed to agree that shaving was a good thing in the pool, but only when you're peaking for the Eastern meets, i.e., once a season.

So, yes, but time it right!

bill190
08-07-2004, 11:02 PM
I'll get one eyebrow hair hanging down in front of my eye and it will bug the heck out of me. (Most hairs are short and don't do this, but a few are longer and can drop down.)

For years I just kept pushing them back up. Then I got the idea I could "pluck them", and I did. I just use tweezers and pull out that one hair which is too long. They come back about once a month or so.

onepocketfanatic
08-07-2004, 11:25 PM
I go to a barber (not a stylist) and have my head clipped with a #2 attachment (for a whopping $8). While I am there I ask for the eyebrows to be trimmed, as well as the ears /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Malice
08-08-2004, 01:51 PM
Man, what a creepy thread. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

As I've grown older, I need to trim ear and nose hairs more, and, now, eyebrows. It's just basic grooming.

My eyebrows don't appear in my field of vision, unless a make faces. I can't seem to see my eyelashes at all.

Chris Cass
08-08-2004, 09:28 PM
Hi Malice,

It's not a real post just a real alien posting. LOL He's the only alien we've ever had and he's just returned to spend some time. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif He's harmless. The last I heard he was in a puddle and thrown out the bar. hahaha That was awhile back though. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

art
08-09-2004, 12:02 AM
rumor has it that rafael martinez shaves one of his eyebrows. for supersticious reasons, i believe.

piglit
08-09-2004, 05:51 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hey bud,

I know a guy that shaved his eyebrows and he's already shaved his head. I swear he looks like an alien. I know another that has some type of phobia also against hair. He has none visable except for his eyebrows and lashes. I don't ask any questions. I'm waiting to see what's next. LOL

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>

He's a criminal- or is thinking about becoming one- it's so there in less (no?) DNA left behind. Didn't you see that on Law &amp; Order?

-piga

ChrisW
08-09-2004, 06:53 AM
I am right handed and right eye dominant.
So I Shave:
My right eyebrow
My right arm
My right eyelashes
My right armpit
My left knuckles
Only a groove on my chin
The back of my neck

This is just my daily routine.

Chris

Eric.
08-09-2004, 07:37 AM
Oh brother!

Eric &gt;shaves daily

Chris Cass
08-09-2004, 07:42 AM
Wow,

Didn't see the show but he has spent plenty of time in the joint. Wow, what's up with that?

C.C.~~????

NBC-BOB
08-09-2004, 10:37 AM
You should be glad your not Ambidextrous!

landshark77
08-09-2004, 11:14 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote One:</font><hr> What do eyeslashes do? Protect dirt from entering the eye? Is it safe to cut them off?

<hr /></blockquote>

I am no doctor, but I beg you, PLEASE, do NOT cut off your eyelashes.