PDA

View Full Version : Scott Lee meets ND governor

Wally_in_Cincy
05-10-2002, 06:15 AM
BD May 2002 p. 77:

A gala reception promoting North Dakota's favorable business environment included ND governor John Hoeven and Jim and Laura Stadum of Samsara Cues.

Trick-shot artist Scott Lee helped the gov use Stadum's personal cue to sink six balls with one stroke.
---------------------------------------------------------

Now that Scott is buds with the guv imagine this scenario:

Scott is driving from his Montana home to Minot ND to entertain our fine men and women in uniform. Let's say he zipping along at about 92 mph and is pulled over by one of ND's finest. Scott makes this Bob Newhart-esque call on his cell phone:

"Hey Guv it's your old buddy Scott Lee......"

"Yeah that's right. Scott Lee College of Billiard Knowledge......"

"Yeah Guv, six balls. That was a hoot wasn't it....Say what?....."

"That thing with the stripper? No I didn't mention it to anybody. Your secret's safe with me Guv....."

"Well yeah Guv now that you mention it there is something you can do for me. Let me put Officer Ingalls on the phone." /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

jjinfla
05-10-2002, 11:04 AM
Wally, You forgot to mention the rest of the story.

The trooper takes the phone and you hear him saying, Yes governor, yes sir, Okay Governor, if that's what you think should be done.

Then he hangs up.

Scott asks the trooper what the Governor said. The Trooper replies: "The governor said that I should give you a pass this time if you would give me your autograph."

Scott smiles and reaches for his pen.

Then Trooper says, "And the gov said you should put in on a Franklin". Jake

Retardo
05-10-2002, 11:08 AM
I dont think so! Gimme a break with this guy

Wally_in_Cincy
05-10-2002, 12:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Retardo:</font><hr> I dont think so! Gimme a break with this guy <hr></blockquote>

I think you're readin' more into this than is actually there. We're just pokin' a little fun at long time CCBer Mr. Lee. Scott is a good guy and a great ambassador for pool. No more, no less.

Gayle in MD
05-10-2002, 09:42 PM
Hi guys, well my goodness, I don't get you Retardo, (Never really got the meaning of your name, RETARDO, either, may I ask, what does it refer to)... what is your problem with hearing that something nice happened to a fellow CCBer, who, BTW, all due respect, Walley, is also a great instructor, and Trick Shot Artist??? After all the posts of late regarding how to make pool grow, and how to promote it in a good light to our young people, I must say, there are few who devote themselves to that very quest with the drive and polish of Scott Lee.
Gayle in Md

Scott Lee
05-11-2002, 01:46 AM
Thanks to Gayle and Wally! The Guv says 'hi'! That gig was fun to do, and I was happy I could help promote pool and make my cue sponsor, Samsara, look good at the same time!

Scott Lee