PDA

View Full Version : New to forum!

BoBB
08-07-2004, 02:22 PM
Hey all, just a friendly hello /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif New to the forums. Anyone post here from the phoenix, AZ area?

PQQLK9
08-07-2004, 05:08 PM
Welcome aboard...i know of at least one member in Phoenix.

DennyS
08-07-2004, 07:02 PM
Welcome aboard Bobb!

Rod
08-07-2004, 08:37 PM
Hi Bobb and welcome. I see your from Mesa, do you play a little out at Bob Jackson's place? I'm from the Phx area, actually in Phoenix.

Rod

Vagabond
08-07-2004, 09:12 PM
welcome ,BoBB
Vagabond

BoBB
08-07-2004, 10:54 PM
Which is bob jacksons place? I play mostly at kolbys in tempe, ive also played at lazy cue(to social for me), hot shots(bad equipment), golden cue(24 hours! *drool*), river city pockets(love that place but to far plus my idiot friend got us kicked out, dont bring dumb friends to pool halls anymore :P) ... yeah those are the places in phoenix ive played although im not very good :P

Chris Cass
08-07-2004, 11:19 PM
Welcome aboard Bobb. No idiots here but a whole lotta friends. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice you filled the bio out. Tech support is just what we need around here. LOL Well, I do anyway.

Regards,

C.C.~~what do you like to play mostly?

BoBB
08-08-2004, 12:33 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Welcome aboard Bobb. No idiots here but a whole lotta friends. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Nice you filled the bio out. Tech support is just what we need around here. LOL Well, I do anyway.

Regards,

C.C.~~what do you like to play mostly? <hr /></blockquote>

I prefer to play 9-ball, I actually havent been playing to long and only really know how to play 8 and 9 ball, and a few stupid games like cut throat. I figure I would learn how to play pool well before trying out the hard games like one pocket heh

cueball1950
08-08-2004, 12:42 AM
Welcome to our own little piece of heaven. Yeah right.....lol..Take off your shoes, put your feet up sit back and have some fun. By the way. Ask any question you want. There are alot of people on here with alot of knowledge...............................mike

woody_968
08-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Hi Bobb /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Rod
08-08-2004, 05:43 PM
BoBB,

It was just a guess since you live in Mesa. Bob's place is Main Street Billiards on Main Street in Mesa. Hot Shots, don't go there. That place has had a lot of trouble over the years, including two young women being shot and killed very close to the front door. I use to play at Kolbys years ago but owners changed so I quit going. I'm sure it's fine now but it's also a bit farther than I'd like to drive. I've been busy so now I don't play all that often. When I do play it's at Clicks since it's close or a near by bar on 7 footers.

Well stick with it, you'll get better and this forum is a good place to contribute and learn as well.

Rod

BoBB
08-08-2004, 06:21 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> BoBB,

It was just a guess since you live in Mesa. Bob's place is Main Street Billiards on Main Street in Mesa. Hot Shots, don't go there. That place has had a lot of trouble over the years, including two young women being shot and killed very close to the front door. I use to play at Kolbys years ago but owners changed so I quit going. I'm sure it's fine now but it's also a bit farther than I'd like to drive. I've been busy so now I don't play all that often. When I do play it's at Clicks since it's close or a near by bar on 7 footers.

Well stick with it, you'll get better and this forum is a good place to contribute and learn as well.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

I have actually heard alot about main street billiards and I thought about going down there one day to check it out. Ive only been to clicks once and my trip lasted about as long as it took them to ask for my ID, as im not 21, I got booted. Apparently even during the day clicks is 21+ only, to bad too cuz it sounds like a nice place. I will have to check out main street billiards, and yeah I dont go to hotshots anymore :P Only reason I ever went there was cuz it was $2 an hour and they were open when I got out of work at 7:00am /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Rod
08-08-2004, 08:09 PM
You don't need to be 21 at Main Street. You might also check out Six Shooters. I believe there is one is Scottsdale. I know the one near 43rd ave had $5 for all day.

Rod

BoBB
08-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Yeah sixshooters is actually right down the street from kolbys on rural. Any clue if main street billiards has an all day pass as well? Thats what keeps me going to kolbys, they have a $5 per person all day pass mon-sunday open till 6pm, I can get in lots of practice /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chris Cass
08-08-2004, 08:37 PM
That's cool. It doesn't matter, we all learn something all the time no mater what the skill level is. You'll learn a few things just being here. We have a large selection of knowledgable people here. I've just recently heard that this RSB board site has like a 1/4 million people there.

The thing I like about this place is that most are nice about stuff. We have our occasional surprizes but for the most part, good stuff.

Regards,

C.C.

Rod
08-08-2004, 08:42 PM
You'd have to call, as far as I know there wasn't an all day pass. However times change and he might be doing it to stay in line with others. Paying hourly rates gets way to expensive if your there very long.

Rod