PDA

View Full Version : buying a table

mantis
08-07-2004, 11:49 PM
What is the most economical, yet still good quality table?

cueball1950
08-08-2004, 12:23 AM
Well Mantis. Not knowing where you are from is a little hindefence but, you can buy a 9' diamond under retail at the US Open. It will be slightly used as it will be used for the tournament. But in my opinion still worth it. Just check with Barry berhman in virginia. Heck, if you don't live to far out of the way, they,(diamond) may just deliver and set it up for a nominal fee. STILL YET. You could find a used Gandy somewhere cheap. But getting parts might be a problem as i think gandy sold out then went out.......mike

ceebee
08-08-2004, 12:20 PM
Buying a Pool Table can be exciting and/or devastating. If you buy a new table & it is of cheap construction, you are going to hate the moment you laid eyes on that monster. Buying a used table can be tricky too, because wood will rot if the table hasn't been cared for.

You first need to decide what size you are looking for. What is your geographical location to a large city? What kind of competition are you involved in? Do you want a commercial table or a fine furniture table to add to the decor of your home? You need to consider a $500 setup & recover fee. You will need a light & a good one is about $400 to $1000 depending on new or used values.
My suggestion is this... If you are a competitor, buy the kind of table that you compete on.

pittpanther
08-28-2004, 02:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote cueball1950:</font><hr> you can buy a 9' diamond under retail at the US Open. It will be slightly used as it will be used for the tournament. But in my opinion still worth it. Just check with Barry berhman in virginia. <hr /></blockquote>

Mike - do you know what the cost of one of the tourney tables would be? How can I contact Barry to discuss? I have been long considering a Dimaond Pro myself, and live in Maryland, so this might be the right time/opportunity!

Thanks...

...Doug

cheesemouse
08-28-2004, 03:13 PM
pittpanther,

check your pm's.....just click on the flashing little envolpe at the top left of you screen...

cueball1950
08-29-2004, 12:20 AM
pitt. i also just sent you a pm explaining that barry just put out a press release about the tables. so click on the little blinking flag to get your pm..............mike

TomBrooklyn
09-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Money can buy a dog, but it can't buy the way of his tail.