PDA

View Full Version : George Rood

Mick56
08-08-2004, 10:23 AM
Does anyone remember if there has been an article done on George Rood? I seem to remember reading about him, but have 15 years of back issues to look through of 2 different pool mags. Thanks.

ceebee
08-08-2004, 12:04 PM
Mr. George Rood was introduced in a Pool & Billiard Magazine in 2000 November Holiday issue.

Mr. Rood lives in Dayton, OH & still plays at the age of 85. He's one of the nicest gentleman that you will ever find. If you evr get to meet him, it will be a highlite of your life. By the way, Mr. Rood is one of the finest teachers on this planet.

Mick56
08-08-2004, 01:29 PM
I did look throught the issue twice. Didn't see anything about him.........

cheeserider
08-09-2004, 12:20 AM
ceebee--"Mr. Rood lives in Dayton, OH & still plays at the age of 85. He's one of the nicest gentleman that you will ever find. If you evr get to meet him, it will be a highlite of your life. By the way, Mr. Rood is one of the finest teachers on this planet. "

** I thought he was more like 90.
Anyway, the article that is being referred to here, is prominently displayed in the pool room right above the table that George shoots on. It is framed and has the issue number, and date of issue in tact. It was a feature in the "legends of the road" series. Are you trying to get this article as a favor for "roadrunner" by any chance?

The pool room is in Dayton and is called, I believe, Airway Billiards. ( I could be wrong as I was only there one time.)

Mick56
08-09-2004, 06:28 PM
A friend of mine lives a couple hours away from Rood. I want to send my friend the mag, and when he goes to meet Rood, I want it signed. The article is in the Nov 1999 P&B. It gives his birthdate as 11-11-1914.