PDA

View Full Version : Why?

pooltchr
08-10-2004, 06:26 AM
Why would someone who spent 4 months and 12 days in Viet Nam, and then spent 20 years with a political career in Washington, make the primary focus of his campaign for President his military "career" rather than his political career?

ras314
08-10-2004, 06:57 AM
To distance himself from Clinton?

Wally_in_Cincy
08-10-2004, 08:27 AM
because he knows a focus on his liberal voting record would make his the next McGovern

Ross
08-10-2004, 05:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote pooltchr:</font><hr> Why would someone who spent 4 months and 12 days in Viet Nam, and then spent 20 years with a political career in Washington, make the primary focus of his campaign for President his military "career" rather than his political career? <hr /></blockquote>

I think it was simply political strategy. Poll after poll showed that the majority of voters agreed more with Kerry's domestic policies than with Bush's, but a lot of them were leaning toward voting for Bush anyway because they were afraid Kerry wouldn't be "tough" enough on terrorists. By emphasizing his military background, Kerry got the image of himself as a soldier into the public's mind and that helped reduce Bush's advantage on the military issue.

eg8r
08-10-2004, 11:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think it was simply political strategy. Poll after poll showed that the majority of voters agreed more with Kerry's domestic policies than with Bush's, but a lot of them were leaning toward voting for Bush anyway because they were afraid Kerry wouldn't be "tough" enough on terrorists. By emphasizing his military background, Kerry got the image of himself as a soldier into the public's mind and that helped reduce Bush's advantage on the military issue. <hr /></blockquote> I don't remember hardly any polls that pitted Kerry's domestic issues against Bush's. I don't think Kerry has every really even said what he believed in. This could all be true though, but the more important issue here is your reference to Kerry's military career. I don't believe I agree with your assumption. Kerry and the DNC have been touting his military "career" since he started running for the Democratic seat. This was before any polls about Bush and Kerry. I am not really sure why Kerry would be touting his military "career" when just a few years ago he was stating it was not that important and the American people should not be divided over it (this was when Clinton was running). Maybe Kerry is doing this because he wants to distance himself from Clinton (not a smart move, just ask Gore), or maybe he has flip flopped and decided it would be a homerun compared to what Bush did. I don't know, but I sure don't believe this had anything to do with being tough on terrorism prior to being nominated by the DNC.

Just a few questionable things about Kerry:
<ul type="square"> Kerry said, one's military background should not be used to divide a country (his defense of Clinton) Fast forward, Kerry flip flops and totally bases his entire platform on his military career Kerry demands Bush produce all his military records including medical records Kerry, quite hypocritically, will not produce his own military medical records Kerry voted NO for first Gulf War Kerry votes yes to second gulf war Kerry changes his mind and wishes he never voted for the second gulf war and stipulates that Bush mislead us into war Embarassingly enough to the entire DNC, Kerry flip flops once again and states he would vote for second gulf war right now given all the new information, and lack of WMDs found (even though this is a complete lie, plenty of WMDs have been found) [/list] When do you think Kerry will present his "record" to the American people so they can look it over and see just what type of politician Kerry is? I am guessing he will not ever do it and the media will hide a lot also. What the heck 4 months in Vietnam should be pleny qualification. Especially if during the 4 months he lies about at least 1 purple heart injury possibly 2, lies about where he spent his Christmas (this is trivial I know, but if he has to lie about this then what else is he lying about), kills a wounded enemy (shot by another soldier), etc. A lot happened in those 4 months, I just wonder which of these Kerry was referring to when he asked us to judge him by his record.

eg8r &lt;~~~sorry for the rant

crawdaddio
08-13-2004, 11:22 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote eg8r:</font><hr> and lack of WMDs found (even though this is a complete lie, plenty of WMDs have been found) <hr /></blockquote>

Show me.

Qtec
08-14-2004, 09:57 AM
I would like to see those medical records. Do you have a link?

Q

eg8r
08-14-2004, 01:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would like to see those medical records. Do you have a link? <hr /></blockquote> Is your google biased?

eg8r

eg8r
08-14-2004, 01:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Show me. <hr /></blockquote> If you want to be lazy, you can just do a search of this forum and find all the proof you need. If you are really serious about seeing the truth, then go surf the web. It is there. I am not sure if there was some timing controversy about another news article a few months ago but they did find WMDs in which the terrorists did not know what they had and did not use the correctly. There was enough found to kill thousands. It might have been easy to miss since it only hit the liberal media headlines for a day or so. Nothing like the prison scandal where a few people were naked and piled on top of each other. That was much more important news. Similar to all the beheadings, which left the headlines quickly, but naked Iraqi prisoners were headlines for weeks.

eg8r &lt;~~~still have not heard CD talk about the timing conspiracy about the prison news