PDA

View Full Version : Unbelieveable-but true

Qtec
08-10-2004, 06:32 AM
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/story.jsp?story=549843

How racists forced storeholder to shut up shop

A storekeeper who has suffered up to 4,000 race attacks in 13 years has finally had enough. Ian Herbert visits the Ryelands esate in Lancaster to investigate the story of Mal Hussain

Its worth the read.

Q

eg8r
08-10-2004, 08:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Its worth the read.
<hr /></blockquote> LOL, this is all you have to say about the article, especially if it is worth the read?

eg8r

Qtec
08-10-2004, 09:11 AM
Is that all YOU have to say?

Me? There are stupid people in every country Ed. What amazes me that the authorities didnt step in to help the guy.
I,m also amazed at his courage. It couldnt have been easy. This guy and his wife lived in REAL terror everyday for 13 years and came through it. I have a lot of respect for that. Believe me when I say you have no idea what these people went through.
If you did, you wouldnt be so sarcastic.

As Ali G would say, "Respect".

Q

eg8r
08-10-2004, 10:21 AM
That was all I had to say. [ QUOTE ]
Believe me when I say you have no idea what these people went through.
If you did, you wouldnt be so sarcastic.
<hr /></blockquote> Believe you? why? You give absolutely zero reason to believe you. You have offered up NOTHING and are desiring blind acceptance. Sorry. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

My sarcasm was not directed at the article, it was directed at you. You always post an article and then give nothing from your own head. You just let the article do the talking and never offer anything from yourself. I just figure I will continue to point it out. It is almost comical, someone (not agreeing with you) will post an article and give their own thoughts, and you will blast them. Then in rebuttal you will offer another article and say nothing. This thread is sort of similar but instead of rebutting someone, you just start out with an article and nothing to say.

eg8r

Qtec
08-10-2004, 10:41 AM
I bet you thought about this article for about 2 milliseconds before your conditioning kicked in and you continued with your usual rant.
Tell me, how much hassle do you get every day? Do you wake up fearing the day ahead?

I was just trying to give you an insight in OTHER people,s lives.

Q

I dont expect you to get it!

Wally_in_Cincy
08-10-2004, 11:30 AM
I guess this proves anecdotally that the US is, relatively speaking, a bastion of racial tolerance. Is that your point Q?

Maybe this guy should get a gun for protection. Oh wait, guns are mean and icky. Isn't that right Q?

eg8r
08-10-2004, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was just trying to give you an insight in OTHER people,s lives. <hr /></blockquote> LOL. OK. I guess you are arguing something that just is not there. If you don't understand just ask. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

eg8r

catscradle
08-11-2004, 06:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> I guess this proves anecdotally that the US is, relatively speaking, a bastion of racial tolerance. Is that your point Q?

Maybe this guy should get a gun for protection. Oh wait, guns are mean and icky. Isn't that right Q? <hr /></blockquote>

If I'm not mistaken guns are even more regulated in England than they are here. IMO a gun would have made no difference except he may have been shot himself. What is he going to do shoot everybody that throws a racial insult at him? I'm sure the people who did more physical things than hurl insults did not stick around so they could be shot.

All the story shows me is that racism still goes on and always will go on. And if racial differences were miraculously removed tomorrow, a new basis for dividing ourselves into groups would be found, such as religion. People seem to need to find ways to develop factions within society, the haves and havenots if you will. That doesn't justify racism, we still have to seek to control it, but it is a very natural thing.