PDA

View Full Version : Pool Excellence

nineball33
08-10-2004, 09:32 PM
Besides /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif concentration what is the 5 most important things to play pool EXCELLENCE

Cueless Joey
08-10-2004, 09:57 PM
Composure, cueball control, solid fundamentals, knowledge and good sportsmanship.

nineball33
08-10-2004, 09:58 PM
Dont think about the question just answer it /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

shooter72283
08-10-2004, 10:32 PM
CONTROL, CONTROL, CONTROL!
1. Control your emotions
2. Control your feelings
3. Control your thoughts
4. Control the cueball
5. Control the table
Wow, the word "control" has suddenly lost all meaning! LOL!

AndreaWilson
08-10-2004, 11:27 PM
Two players, Balls, A Table, Cues & Chalk.

Hee Hee! Maybe not? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

bill190
08-10-2004, 11:46 PM
Well I keep improving and I will not let anything get in the way of going that direction. If there is a problem, I work on learning about what the problem exactly is, then finding a solution.

For example I lost two games because I couldn't draw the cue ball back a predictable distance. I spent months working on that problem - learning everything I could about it. And have practiced draw shots once a week since. Last night I drew the cue ball back 2 inches on one shot (exactly what I wanted) and on another shot drew the cue ball back 1/2 table (exactly what I wanted). I must say I am getting quite good at these draw shots, but it took a *lot* of research, testing of various cues/tips/tip shapes, and months of practice.

And that is only one shot! I have a long way to go and many more shots to work on, but I'm slowly heading the right direction.

I think it's sort of like ice skating. You see a pro ice skating and it looks so easy. What you don't see is the years of practice it took to get there.

Chris Cass
08-10-2004, 11:47 PM
Hi Andrea,

Don't forget a pool players dinner. A slice of Pizza and a Coke. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

shooter72283
08-11-2004, 12:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi Andrea,

Don't forget a pool players dinner. A slice of Pizza and a Coke. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>
Actually, all joking aside, diet can be very important to your game. If I know I am going to have a long night of pool ahead of me, I make sure that I eat a good meal of "brain food" beforehand. My friend and I have now started a tradition of going out for a heaping portion of sushi before a tourney or all-night ring game. I find that it actually helps my focus and ability to make rational desicions late into the night (at least I percieve it to be so, so it is).

Jimmy B
08-11-2004, 12:45 AM
Speed.
Ability to learn from your mistakes.
Smart decisions/ Stradigy.

JB

Rod
08-11-2004, 01:25 AM
Look my name up in the dictonary. LOLOLOLOL

pooltchr
08-11-2004, 07:16 AM
1. Understand that you can always learn more.
2. Be open minded enough to try to learn more.
3. Be willing to practice the things you learn.
4. Apply the things you learn in practice to your game.
5. Keep repeating the above cycle.

Sid_Vicious
08-11-2004, 07:46 AM
1 &amp; 5, have fun. The rest is up to you, cuz if you ain't having fun, if fun to you is getting perfect shape, if fun is shooting without being concerned with winning or losing, if fun is being super concerned about winning or losing...the whole thing needs to begin and end with a fun attitude. Two thru number four can result in many things, and possibly nothing important(key word), as long as 1 &amp; 5 is accomplished...sid~~~gave back my drive to be perfect a long time ago, winning ain't everything, fun IS

Chris Cass
08-11-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi Sid,

There's no such thing as excellent pool nor perfect pool. It's just a is that a metafore? I've seen players that try to get perfect and most have gone to the waiste side or are in Mantino. That's the Italian version of the nut house. lol

I like Buddy' definition of perfect pool. It's getting out. It's not a perfect game. heck, the balls aren't perfectly round themselves. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~Sid' got the right idea. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif