PDA

View Full Version : Attachments on AZ

landshark77
08-11-2004, 06:43 AM
This is an AZ Billiards question that I am hopeing someone over here can answer. (I posted it over there, but have recieved Zero replies.) Does anyone know how to attach pictures to your post over there? I have it uploaded, I just don't know what to do after that. I tried HTML code, but that doesn't work. I know it is something simple; I'm just too stupid to figure it out all by my lonesome.
Thanx for any help.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-11-2004, 07:54 AM
when you find out let me know /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally <~~ clueless

landshark77
08-11-2004, 08:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> when you find out let me know /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally &lt;~~ clueless <hr /></blockquote>

Thanx anyway Wally!
I know someone has got to know. Maybe if I flutter my eyes a bit someone will help a sista out? /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif Please?

Wally_in_Cincy
08-11-2004, 08:27 AM
FROM AZB FAQ:

The administrator may allow you to use the attachment feature of this forum, which gives you the ability to attach files of certain types to your posts. This could be an image, a text document, a zip file etc. There will be a limit to the file size of any attachments you make, as the forums should not be used as an extension of your hard disk!

To attach a file to a new post, simply click the [Browse] button at the bottom of the post composition page, and locate the file that you want to attach from your local hard drive.

Only certain types of files may be attached: these are the valid file extensions for files to be attached to this forum: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip.

After posting, the attachment will show up in the body of your message. To view the contents of the attachment (if it is not already displayed) simply click the filename link that appears next to the attachment icon .

I HAVE TRIED AND COULD NOT DO IT AND GAVE UP

highsea
08-11-2004, 08:48 AM
I haven't had any problems uploading and embedding the image into the message. You do need to watch the filesize. I resize the image to 640x480 and save it on my desktop as a compressed jpg. Then use the manage attachment button to browse to and upload the image. You can use the test forum to practice. If the image shows up as a link rather than embedded in the message, try making it smaller.

-CM

Rod
08-11-2004, 11:28 AM
I tried that. What I did was load an image with their manage image tool. The image showed as a .jpg from my hard drive. It wouldn't go into my post so I rt clicked on the image and chose copy image location. I inserted that location in the body of my post. I know that can not be the way it is designed but when I clicked on the link it worked.

Rod

landshark77
08-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Thanx guys, I'll have to play with again abit tonight. Wally, I had already tried that info that you posted from the FAQ, however, it still did not show up in my post so I cancelled it. I'll give 'er another try though.
again Thanx!

Cueless Joey
08-11-2004, 12:26 PM
There are two ways to attach a picture there.
You can store your pics on some linkeable sites like Yahoo.
Store your picture there, right-clike it/them, cut the properties, then paste it on AZB's attach image option.
If you have the pic in your computer, hit manage attachments and upload it.

Rod
08-11-2004, 12:33 PM
I tried the upload but it never showed in the body of a preview post. If I copied the link and pasted it in the body then the link showed and worked. That would be the same as using the image option except the url is from AZ, not Yahoo.
I'll find a way even if it's not standard procedure. LOL

Rod

Cueless Joey
08-11-2004, 12:39 PM
Rod, manage attachment is part of additional options below the body ( outside). A manage attachment box comes out when you click that. You can then upload a pic under 100K big.

Rod
08-11-2004, 01:16 PM
Yea I tried that but it never loaded. I switched pictures to a known smaller one. I could be that it was to large so it never got uploaded. I'm thinking that had to be the problem. However the site was so slow I didn't try all options.

Rod

landshark77
08-11-2004, 07:07 PM
The same thing was happening to me that happened to Rod. Rod I will try it your way when I get back to my other computer that has my pic on it to upload. I will let you all know what happens.
Thanx again.

Rod
08-11-2004, 08:21 PM
If it doesn't work, ask Mike why. It seems straight forward but we both had problems.

Rod

landshark77
08-11-2004, 08:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> If it doesn't work, ask Mike why. It seems straight forward but we both had problems.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

I figured it out...it just doesn't show up in the preview...only the post. (for me anyway) You just need to upload like Wally quoted from the FAQ. I was getting confussed and thinking it did not work because, like you, mine wasn't showing up in the preview.

Thank you everyone...you guys ARE the best and I will give you props at AZ! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
08-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Oh, I see. That post em and not see em first got me in trouble once. What I thought I was posting and what was posted, well quite a bit different.

Rod

landshark77
08-11-2004, 09:19 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Rod:</font><hr> Oh, I see. That post em and not see em first got me in trouble once. What I thought I was posting and what was posted, well quite a bit different.

Rod <hr /></blockquote>

I imagine that could make for an exciteing thread! LoL!