PDA

View Full Version : Back from the Northwest!

Cane
08-11-2004, 07:15 PM
Well, I'm back from helping teach the Pool School in Idaho Falls and I must say, it was a great trip. We had 10 students all of whom were willing and anxious to learn. I had the oppurtunity to work for (and beside) Randy G for three full days and for part of the last day, we were graced by a visit and a great deal of help from Scott Lee. Dick and Mary Kay, the proprietors at Pockets Billiards, were great hosts and went well beyond the call of duty to help insure we had all we needed to teach the class.

Trips like this are what make being an instructor worthwhile! We had one young lady that actually had tears come to her eyes over changes in her stroke. Another young lady has an unbelievable amount of potential in this game (got pictures of her, because someday, I think we'll see her on ESPN). Another young lady is already a state champion in three states and is going up in a hurry. The 8 gentlemen all had good games from the beginning, but a couple of them have the potential to take it to the highest of levels. Everyone learned something, students and instructors alike. I won't post the students names here, but the BCA Instructors were...

Randy Goettlicher of Cue Tech Pool School in Dallas, TX
Bob Nunley (dats me... Cane...) Breakers of Oklahoma
James Bogner Cue Tech of Denver
James Bogner Jr Cue Tech of Denver
and of course, Scott Lee, of Bozeman MT

I've got loads of pictures and even more great memories.

Off to rest for awhile... still recovering from driving 1580 miles trip home in a 31' motorhome on construction infested highways!!!

later,
Bob
Breakers Billiard Academy (http://members.clnk.com/caneman/academy.htm)

Scott Lee
08-11-2004, 11:39 PM
Bob...I enjoyed meeting and working with you too! It was a nice group of people. I have known Dick & Mary Kay for 12 years, as I used to run the APA league out of their bar. Dick, btw, was the national VNEA 8-ball AND 9-ball champion, in the senior division, a couple of years ago! As always, RandyG et al, provided this group of players a ton of information, to establish a solid basis for immediate improvement in their game. There is even a written promise to practice agreement! LOL I'm looking forward to working at more pool schools with Randy!

Scott Lee

CarolNYC
08-12-2004, 04:32 AM
Hi there,
Sounds like you had a wonderful trip-Good for you!
I've never met Scott Lee,but Im sure I will,one day! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
have the potential to take it to the highest of levels. <hr /></blockquote>

I like that!

[ QUOTE ]
still recovering from driving 1580 miles trip home in a 31' motorhome <hr /></blockquote>

Alot of miles, but I'd do it in a motorhome!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Take care!
Carol

pooltchr
08-12-2004, 07:03 AM
Bob,
Sounds like a great time for all involved. I had the pleasure of working with Randy and Doc when I first started in the instructor program. I have nothing but the highest regard for his teaching ability. Also had the pleasure of spending a few hours with Scott at a pool table, and more recently out at the BCA show this past spring.
I am hoping Randy will be bringing his "road show" back to our area again to get the opportunity to work with him again. Every time I am around that guy, I seem to learn more!
Perhaps one day we will get the chance to work together as well. Oh yea. My sympathy for the long trip. I have a 38 footer and although it's great to live in, it can be a lot of work maneuvering it through traffic and construction.
Steve

CarolNYC
08-12-2004, 11:32 AM
Hi Steve,
I'll be in North Carolina next weekend! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Hope to see you!
Take care!
Carol

pooltchr
08-12-2004, 02:13 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr> Hi Steve,
I'll be in North Carolina next weekend! /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Hope to see you!
Take care!
Carol <hr /></blockquote>
Great...that's an off weekend for the tour, so I should be around.
Look forward to meeting you too!
Steve