PDA

View Full Version : Carolinas Open, August 18-22, Goldsboro, NC

RailbirdJAM
08-12-2004, 03:40 AM
Next week, I'm heading for the Carolinas Open at Fast Eddie's Sports Bar and Grill, 1308 Parkway Drive, Goldsboro, North Carolina 27530.

This is a $13,340-ADDED event with a one-pocket tourney, limited to 32 players, beginning next Wednesday, August 18th, and concluding Thursday, August 19th. The 9-ball tourney will occur August 20-22.

For more info, call Frank Owens (252) 756-8040. The Holiday Inn Express is offering a $62-per-night "special rate," at 909 North Spence Avenue, Goldsboro, NC, (919) 751-1999.

Last year, Ron Wiseman won the one-pocket event, and our new World Champion, Alex, won the 9-ball. The tournament buzz was all about Alex, and he stole the show. His relaxed demeanor at the table complements his straight-shooting capabilities, and he was a hit last year in the Carolinas!

This is Gene Hooker's homeroom, and players came from far and near to attend one of THE BEST tournaments of the year and because Hooker's tournaments ALWAYS provide non-stop entertainment after hours. /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I heard it from a good authority that Earl Strickland will be there. It is also rumored that Jose Parica and Alex are coming.

Here is my picture link of last year's Carolinas Open. At the bottom of the page is the info for this year's 2004 Carolinas Open:
2003 Carolinas Open-trip report and pictures (http://www.hometown.aol.com/jamalloy/carolinasopen2003.html)

Nothing finer that a tournament in Carolina! Hope to see you there! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

RailbirdJAM