PDA

View Full Version : Drawing a crowd to enjoy pool games

LivinGr8
08-12-2004, 04:05 AM
What is the secret to get women to want to come to a evening of pool play. Is there any particular game that women find more interesting when experience is not there for them. I think game rooms could come up with more ideas to draw men and women than they do in smaller communities. Any ideas? /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
08-12-2004, 09:57 AM
Whatever you do to attract the women, make sure it is also offered to men. Legally you can't offer specials just to women. Some lawyers will take you to court and win. It is discrimination to only offer discounts or free pool to JUST women in a public place.

IMO, if you want to attract more women, offer free lessons to groups of 4 or more, and encourage the women to learn what it takes to 'beat the men at their own game'.

Also, clean and well maintained bathrooms will be a huge advantage for keeping women coming back.

9 Ball Girl
08-12-2004, 10:00 AM
Good looking, single, respectable guys doesn't hurt any either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wendy~~~the truth is the truth

Cueless Joey
08-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Have a women's tournament.
First prize is a Gucci bag. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SPetty
08-12-2004, 10:45 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> First prize is a Gucci bag.<hr /></blockquote>Yeah, that old fashioned cash is just so passť...

Leviathan
08-12-2004, 11:11 AM
Nuts--I'm banned from another room...

Pelican
08-12-2004, 11:32 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote 9 Ball Girl:</font><hr> Good looking, single, respectable guys doesn't hurt any either. /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wendy~~~the truth is the truth <hr /></blockquote>

Whoa now , us old, fat, ugly guys need love too /ccboard/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-12-2004, 11:55 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Have a women's tournament.
First prize is a Gucci bag. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>To heck with a Gucci bag! Maybe a Gucci 2x4 case? Hmmmmm....

landshark77
08-12-2004, 12:29 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Cueless Joey:</font><hr> Have a women's tournament.
First prize is a Gucci bag. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I say screw the Gucci all together!

Do you want me to come play or to be a spectator? If you want me to play then game on! If you want a female that is new to the game I would recommend having people who are willing to show her how to shoot, without the smart a** you're just a girl comments. Probably most of the girls that will come will be with guys that play, and unfortunately it depends on their relationship as to whether she even feels comfortable giving pool a shot. I know plenty of females who want to play, but won't because they think they are so bad that people will laugh at them or get mad at them. They will only play with their male counterparts alone.

If you want the girls to come watch a match then that is a bit trickier, IMO. It needs to be made exciting in some way. I tend to get bored quickly watching other people do stuff if I know that I will not be able to play soon. If I am waiting my turn that is one thing, but if I am just watching then I need stakes it in some how (not necessarily monetary). It's just a lot more exciting when you have someone to seriously root for.
I dunno just my girly opinion!
/ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

rocky
08-12-2004, 12:37 PM
I have a good friend that is the pro at her room in Ontario CA. She does company get togethers, tournaments, and motivational speaking. These companies come to her pool room in groups. She says she gets one to two more regulars after every get together, and the ladies love it!

landshark77
08-12-2004, 12:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote rocky:</font><hr> I have a good friend that is the pro at her room in Ontario CA. She does company get togethers, tournaments, and motivational speaking. These companies come to her pool room in groups. She says she gets one to two more regulars after every get together, and the ladies love it! <hr /></blockquote>

To that I say hook me up, 'er, my CEO up! A trip to Cally, getting paid to play and socialize, ah the life.

Yeah, that would be another thing...if it was a girl talking to another girl then that could help to arouse an interest. She's showing that it is possible for girls to do stuff too. IMO, it would help if she took the cockiest guy and beat his butt right there in front of everyone. I t would give everyone at the company something to talk about later! LOL.

woody_968
08-12-2004, 12:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote landshark77:</font><hr>...if it was a girl talking to another girl then that could help to arouse an interest.
<hr /></blockquote>

Just seeing a girl talk to another girl is always enough to arouse some kind of interest /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

On a serious note, this is one thing I think the different leagues have done a good job of. I have seen many women start to play pool because someone got them to play in one of the leagues.

landshark77
08-12-2004, 01:01 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote woody_968:</font><hr>
Just seeing a girl talk to another girl is always enough to arouse some kind of interest /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

<hr /></blockquote>
Too much! LOL!