PDA

View Full Version : Fran, this is a compliment

Kato
05-11-2002, 08:37 AM
I just got back from Tom in Cincy's website and that is one heck of a nice picture of you. I saw an old picture in a pool mag a few years back and you don't look anything like it!!!!!!!!! So, just felt compelled to say you are one pretty lady. Doesn't have anything to do with how good of an instructor you are (I here excellent) or what type of person (again nothing but good things) but until I meet you it's all I can go on. Have a nice day.

Kato~~~defender of pretty women in this galaxy.

05-11-2002, 10:22 AM
I appreciate your compliment Kato, but now I am compelled to explain the picture. I was 36 years old when that picture was taken. I'm 46. I do not have a website. Others put that picture of me on their websites. I have no control over what others do with their website. That picture has been floating around for years.

I probably look more like that person you saw in the magazine a few years ago. when I return from Las Vegas, I'll try to send Tom a more recent picture of me that was taken in the past year so that you and others won't be looking for that person in that picture when you meet me. OK?

Yes, I had a lot of good years of being considered "pretty" but as life would have it, I'm not so "pretty" anymore. It's called "aging" and I'm fine with all that. I hope that when you're my age, you will be fine with all that too, because it's gonna happen to you.

So if you're a defender of pretty women, I'm afraid you've got the wrong girl.

Fran

Rich R.
05-11-2002, 10:28 AM
Fran, it is not getting old, it is building "character".
Rich R.~~~getting old isn't bad when you consider the alternative.

05-11-2002, 10:41 AM
You're a "hottie" in my book.

Don't tell my wife.

Remember, Stacy and I are going to have to take you to dinner in Vegas.

Mike H.

Tom_In_Cincy
05-11-2002, 10:44 AM
Pretty is just one of the very many great things about Ms. Crimi.
I admire anyone that can stick to their convictions, meet life's challenges 'head on', support themself, is not defined by their relationship with others, and defends the rights of others to do the same..

Fran is always wecome in any conversation. Her opinions are always worth considering.

Wish there were more like her out there for us CCB'rs to learn how to play and compete better.

Doctor_D
05-11-2002, 03:48 PM
Good evening:

Fran Crimi is one polished and priceless gemstone. Period!

Dr. D.

Voodoo Daddy
05-11-2002, 04:08 PM
I find the beauty in Fran not just eye apparent. Over the course of several years I have watched here pour her knowledge onto the screen, magazines and the pool table which IMO takes a beautiful person to do. She has also had to overcome some not-so-nice things said about her on this very messege board and proved her strength and moxy {which is beautiful to me} again by gracing all of you with her knowledgable posts. Some of you will read this and say Voodoo is butt-kissing...those who know me know better, those who dont shouldnt judge.

Voodoo...part of the "tribe", are you?

Vagabond
05-11-2002, 05:02 PM
I cosider as a person with principles,values and ideals.

vagabond

05-12-2002, 07:19 AM
Just trying to figuer out if you are the same stalker of female pool players!

05-12-2002, 08:45 AM
While what you said may be ture. Any person who has been thru a long term relationship can tell you passing beauty may rest upon the face of a person, but true beauty is found in the heart. That is where love is built and sustained. I am sure this would apply to you. From what I have read here you seem like such a great person.

Jerry S.

cheesemouse
05-12-2002, 08:57 AM
Pool Players,
If you love the game and have some knowledge of it's history then you must or should know that Fran is a national treasure that just gets better and more valuable with age, like a fine wine......Now hows that for sucking up..... /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif Fran, I would appreaciate your leaving some cheese on the table sometimes. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Lester
05-12-2002, 10:01 AM
Tom
Let me echo your point of view. Fran is one of the premier assets to the CCB. I would have quit the board altogether when they switched, but I realized Fran was still "lurking" and posting answers to valid questions. I don't blame her for staying anonymous. She weathered mean spirited posts many times just because she is a recognized professional. I'm sure Brady would provide a slot in the tournament for her. Anonymous or not. JMHO ***Lester***

jjinfla
05-12-2002, 10:54 AM
Fran, Keep in mind that old saying, "life begins at 50". Well, it's all a big lie. So enjoy yourself now while you still can because after 50 it's all downhill. That's when things start breaking and one realizes the miraculous recouperative powers are gone. But you will always have your pool game to find solace and relaxation. Jake

MikeM
05-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Hey Jake, that started happening to me at 30! I was counting on that new life at 40 /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif.

MM

Doctor_D
05-12-2002, 03:06 PM
Good evening:

I have to disagree! This August I will be celebrating my 48th birthday and believe me when I tell you that I am just now getting into high gear. Like I always like to say, "Lead, Follow or Get the Hell Out of My Way"

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.

JimS
05-12-2002, 04:23 PM
Well...I saw you less than a year ago in Chgo and I thought you were purrtty! Inner beauty shines through and through Toots.

jjinfla
05-12-2002, 07:07 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Doctor_D:</font><hr> Good evening:

I have to disagree! This August I will be celebrating my 48th birthday and believe me when I tell you that I am just now getting into high gear. Like I always like to say, "Lead, Follow or Get the Hell Out of My Way"

/ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Dr. D.
<hr></blockquote>

Aw Dr. D. The eternal optimist. But life has a way of blindsiding us. In my case it was medical emergencies that my wife experienced that took a toll on me. Sometimes I think she came thru them better than I did. But as we age parts wear out, eyes fail us, the little grey cells seem to shrink, and we just can't do what we used to do. Although the mind is willing, sometimes the body rebels. Knowing how to pace yourself is the key. At least that is my latest philosophy. And I'm sticking with it; until I can come up with a better excuse. But I am fortunate that I fell in love with pool. It offers me relaxation, solace, and exercise. It allows me to enter a magical world free of any day to day problems. Jake~~~fortunate not to have any big problems right now.

jjinfla
05-12-2002, 07:37 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Anonymous:</font><hr> Just trying to figuer out if you are the same stalker of female pool players! <hr></blockquote>

Why do you refer to him as a "stalker"? An exuberant, over zealous fan maybe. But a stalker? Jake

05-12-2002, 11:08 PM
Jake...I always enjoy your posts or replies...You have a sense of humor in them and at the same time you can hit a serious note when you want to...You never belittle anyone but give good advice to those in need...

Dr. D obviously has found her life has changed and her interest in pool has helped her and she is living it with gusto...Well God bless her...she is a very lucky person...

I am glad that the game of pool has affected you as well...It has become almost a mania with me and I play as often as I can...and it allows me to dream dreams...One of those dreams is to win the Seniors 9-ball tournament...I refuse to let myself believe I am too old to ever do that...Young men and women players win tournaments because they are hungry for the win. Without that drive...you cannot win in any game...I feel I have that drive but I also need knowledge of the game and you have to play and practice regularly in order for this knowledge to grow....That is why I read most of the posts here On the CB...There is some very good and informative info here...(and Humor...you got to have humor)...

I'm 66 and my body is beginning to tire...my knees and legs are starting to go...maybe if I lose some weight I will feel better and walking would be good for my legs...We'll see...

And last but not least I want to say to Fran that beauty is a word which not only applies to looks but also to all that makes us human...And although I don't know you personnally...I have enjoyed your posts and replies and you sound like a very fine person...

Ron (RGC) in SC

Doctor_D
05-13-2002, 04:45 AM
Good morning:

Blindsiding; I know that experience all too well. In December of 1996, after a very brief yet tireless fight against Pancreatic Cancer, I was widowed when the love of my life, my soul mate, lost the fight against this deadly disease. We had it all; great careers, 11 wonderful years together, and we felt as if we were on top of the world. Then, in a heartbeat and with-out warning, we learned in the Summer of 1996 that life as we knew it was about to change - permanently! 1996 was, with-out a doubt, the most challenging year of my life. Everything changed. Nothing was the same. I, having experienced this, am a very different woman then I was in 1995.

Dr. D.

jjinfla
05-13-2002, 05:17 AM
Good luck in your quest Ron. Unfortunately you have a lot of good competition there. And they all want that brass ring. But all you have to do is win one game at a time. Jake

dave
05-13-2002, 12:41 PM
I have FINALLY learned that some people get prettier the more you get to know them and some people get uglier the more you get to know them. It's not so important where you start, but rather which direction you're going. I have read and shared posts with Fran over several years on this board, in addition to meeting her in person, and I can tell you that she is headed in the right direction.

05-14-2002, 12:43 PM
Eran, after reading your thoughtful post I would say you have gone from a "pretty girl" to a beautiful person.

05-14-2002, 12:46 PM
Fran. Where you ever at a small tournament for 3 cushion billiards and pocket pool at the IL Billiard Club in Chicago in about 81 to 83?

Rod
05-14-2002, 01:13 PM
That is my thoughts also Ron. I had a hard time comming up with the words, but you did it for me and so much better.
Nice post Fran and Ron.

Kato
05-15-2002, 08:24 AM
I've been gone for a couple days and didn't really mean to start anything. Anyway, I don't know who the stalker post was addressed to but I can assure all that it's not in my nature. Fran, you sure sound awfully comfortable in your skin. Models are only beautiful for a fleeting moment in time. Beautiful people are beautiful forever. Today is my Grandmother's 83rd birthday. She just may be the most beautiful woman in the world.

Kato

Doctor_D
05-15-2002, 08:40 AM
Good morning:

Please pass on my birthday greetings to your grandmother !!!

/ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Dr. D.

Kato
05-15-2002, 09:11 AM
I'd be happy to Doc.

Kato