PDA

View Full Version : Hustler

nineball33
08-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Im still not good enough to beat the guy from Tyler tx. would some one come an show me how it is done he will play almost any game for $$

Deeman2
08-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Hustler,

I'm just learing the game myself but I'll come on out and play you a few for a few. I now live in Longview, Texas. I have just moved here but think that Tyler is not too far away.

Let me know where you want to play, what you want to play and how high.

Deeman

Chris Cass
08-13-2004, 12:41 PM
What's his name? What does he have to lock up?

C.C.

BillPorter
08-13-2004, 04:53 PM
"The dog has not been fed in years...."

Hey Deeman, I love your signature quote, but I I'd be hard pressed to say why. I just get a smile on my face every time I see it. Is it original with you?

StarCrunch
08-13-2004, 08:50 PM
Hustlers....I used to not mind hustlers until the day that a guy came up to me and asked if I wanted to play, I said yes. He proceeded to rack and while doing so asked how much...I said I don't gamble...without another word he stopped racking and walked away. I've been emotionally scarred ever since. I need help.

Sorry if that was off topic

qstroker2004
08-13-2004, 09:31 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote StarCrunch:</font><hr> Hustlers....I used to not mind hustlers until the day that a guy came up to me and asked if I wanted to play, I said yes. He proceeded to rack and while doing so asked how much...I said I don't gamble...without another word he stopped racking and walked away. I've been emotionally scarred ever since. I need help.

Sorry if that was off topic <hr /></blockquote>

I wouldn't feel too bad as this is probably part of his hustle. He tried to make you feel little by walking away on you, hoping you would stop him and lay out some cash so that you wouldn't feel like a loser. Nice guy. I'm surprised he didn't try a little harder to get a game after he left the table. Didn't he come back at all after that to see if you had softened up?

I was playing in Houston one time when two guys show up in a white Cadillac. One looks wealthy and the other (the loudmouth) looked like a bum. They're playing 9 ball very boisterously... Actually that's where I first heard the term after a scratch, "Ball in clown!" I always thought it odd that the wealthy guy took crap from the "hustler" but who knows what was actually going on there. I seem to recall they were playing for about $700 a game.

Anyway the guy tries to get me to play him. I wasn't interested, partly because I was doing drills, and partly because I could read his act from a mile away. He tried everything, absolutely everything...must've thought I was a real fish. Finally he says, c'mon let's play for something...ANYTHING. I said great! Let's play for 50 cents a game. That did the trick. I just don't know why I didn't think of it sooner. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dwhite

Chris Cass
08-14-2004, 12:18 AM
Aww,

HAHAHAHAHAHA That was good. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

nineball33
08-14-2004, 12:42 AM
His name is clint an heel lock up a lot

nineball33
08-14-2004, 12:49 AM
Well hes the best in Tyler Tx. his name is Clint an if you or any one wonts to come an play him you have to come to Jacksonville Tx. an get me I wont to see it done. I like the guy I just caint beat him would love someone to just run over him 1 time ......Remember I wont to see it,I have seen him play for several hundred an win...I guess I wish that I could play as good.Scott Lee im wating on you to come in Sept. to teach me /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Deeman2
08-14-2004, 07:04 AM
Bill,

No, the line is from a Grateful Dead song, Touch of Grey. It goes, "It's even worse than it appears, the dog has not been fed in years."

Deeman

1a2b3c
08-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Im not the gambling type /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif But i would be willing to bet that the guy playing the worst game between the 2 was the real shooter. I seen this one damn near every night at the old Greg Stevens game room.

wantsumrice
08-17-2004, 12:09 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote nineball33:</font><hr> His name is clint an heel lock up a lot <hr /></blockquote>

What's a heel lock up?

~ivan

FATS
08-17-2004, 01:03 PM
I think he means "he will" lock up alot.
Clint plays jam up and has money behind him. I heard he moved to Texarkana. Anyone know for sure.

FATS