PDA

View Full Version : 9 Ball Girl made my day!

Harold Acosta
08-13-2004, 04:39 AM
I just had to take some time to let everyone know that yesterday, August 12th, I received from 9 Ball Girl one of the greatest gifts I have gotten in a long time.

Wendy, took the time and effort to collect the signatures on the Tournament's program of many of the 9 Ball Players in attendance at the 2nd Annual Master Billiard Big Apple 9 Ball Challenge.

She then framed the program and FED EX that baby to my home.

Signatures obtained in no particular order:

Fram Crimi
Tony Robles
Frankie Hernandez
Johnny Archer
Jeremy Jones
Charlie Williams
Ralf Souquet
Raj "Hitman" Hundal
Francisco Bustamante
Danny "Kid Delicious" Basavich
Tony "The Sniper" Crosby
Max Eberle
Jose Parica
"Ginky"
Rodney "Rocket" Morris
Thorsten Hohmann
Grady Mathews
Fabio Petroni
Frank Alvarez III
"Machine Gun" Luc Salvas
Santos Sambajon

She also scooped up the signatures of the Puerto Rican contingent (members of the Puerto Rican Billiard Federation) that attended the Big Apple Tournament and were kind enough to sign that precious Program. They were:

Jason "The Kid" Cruz
Edgardo Irizarry
Miguel "Pee Wee" Laboy

and our number 1 player and current Panamerican Champion (17 member countries)

Mr. Alan Rolon.

Last but not least, 9 Ball Girl also signed the program including a little happy face.

This great gift was immediately hung right next to my home computer. I will be able to see it every day of my life from now on. It was truly a great gift from Wendy (9 Ball Girl) and she can be certained that it will be cherished forever.

I will also like to thank all the Pro's who signed the Program (some of them lurk this board).

Once again, a million thanks to Wendy for that great gesture and most excellent gift. We will someday meet soon in New York, Valley Forge, or the US Open.

Harold Acosta Jr. - President
Federacion Puertorriqueña de Billar
(Puerto Rican Billiard Federation)

<font color="blue">Billiards: A passionate sport for the mind and soul!</font color>
http://www.thebilliardstour.com/images/animated-stars.gif

PQQLK9
08-13-2004, 06:42 AM
and who said New Yorkers dont care? What a nice gift for a nice guy.

Chris Cass
08-13-2004, 08:26 AM
Hi Harold,

Last time I attended the Open in Va. We went to dinner with her and Tom at her fav, Ruby Tuesdays. I had been going to the bathroom every two minutes as I was still very sick. She and Tom continuied to eat their meals and made no point at making me feel embarrassed about the things I couldn't control. That is the type of class were dealing with. Good people, them two. I love them both.

Regards,

C.C.

woody_968
08-13-2004, 09:12 AM
Way to go Wendy /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
08-13-2004, 09:51 AM
Wendy told me what she was going to do, and I was very happy for you. I know 'first hand' what a great lady Wendy is.
What a great place this world would be if everyone had a heart like Wendy.

Tom &lt;----proud to be considered a friend of Wendy's

9 Ball Girl
08-13-2004, 12:43 PM
What?! I didn't embarrass you? Well! I guess I have some making up to do in a couple of weeks! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

We're all family here and I would never EVER make someone I care about feel uncomfortable for anything.

9 Ball Girl
08-13-2004, 12:49 PM
Tom, I was bursting with excitement and couldn't wait for Harold to get his gift and I just had to tell somebody what I was sending! I get so neurotic with packages that you could only imagine the look on my face when I first tracked the package and saw that they had attempted a delivery to the wrong address! Argh! Only me I tell ya. Anyway, when I saw that it was finally signed by an H. Acosta, I was elated.

Some of the guys that signed it for me were surprised 'cause I'd never asked for one before and I see them all the time. I told them it was for a veeeery special friend in Puerto Rico. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-13-2004, 12:56 PM
Harold,

That's a really great post there. I'm very happy that you're happy and I guess your dogs are too! LOL I hope you didn't have trouble with my lopsided tape job! LOL And I'm definitely glad that it got there in 1 piece. Frame glass is so delicate. Ooooh, and please pop the bubble wrap for me. It's definitely an annoying stress reliever!

There is one thing that I would like in return for the gift I sent you:

Give me one BIG 'ole hug the day we meet. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif And your friends! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Con placer y mucho gusto,
Wendy (amiga por siempre...)

catscradle
08-13-2004, 01:12 PM
What are you trying to ruin her image?

Seriously, very nice of her, not to mention time consuming.

Harold Acosta
08-13-2004, 08:33 PM
I'm a New Yorker myself. Born of Puerto Rican parents. Raised in the East side, near Central Park. We left NY when I was 10 and my brother 9; returned again with my father 2 years later but we were sent back to Puerto Rico after a huge fight (my brother and I) with my step brothers over play time on a (Guess what?), pool table. Those little plastic balls flew all over the place and we broke the cue sticks, so nobody else would play.

We also didn't click since we were Yankee fans, versus they being Mets fans. My father obviously was neutral but my step-mom couldn't handle our "kids stuff." LOL.

We are all in good terms right now but ohh, those wonder years!

Harold Acosta
08-13-2004, 08:54 PM
I was waiting for that package. FED EX had called to confirm the address and told me it would be here at 1:00 pm. At 5:00 pm, I called them, and they said the package was on it's way, and that I would recieve it after 6:00.

When I saw the truck, I was jumping like a little kid. My three dogs, who saw my elation, also got excited and started jumping up and down with me. I opened the door, and they all ran to the truck. The FED EX guy had to close his door since my dogs were not going to let him come over. I went over to the truck to sign for the package. When I say the huge package, I could only wonder what was inside. I had no clue.

I avoided your tape job, and opened the other end. Was I happy to see what it was!

Thanks once again Wendy!.

Note: I also got to speak with Wendy on the last day of the Big Apple Tournament. That was another great surprise. The Puerto Rican contingent gave Wendy my cell phone number, and she called while I was running the 8 Ball tournament that day. Needless to say, that was another great moment!

We will meet some day soon. I have to go to one of those NY tournaments, or probably Valley Forge next year. In the meantime, we'll keep in touch through this board.

Kato
08-14-2004, 01:46 AM
When we talked the other day you told me you did that but you didn't mention as to what extent. That's pretty darn nice of you Wendy.

Kato~~~very sick /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-14-2004, 12:46 PM
Oh my poor baby, are you feeling sickypoo? Drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest. You have an open to attend in a couple of weeks. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It was just a frame with some signatures and that's it. Hey, maybe Harold can post a pic of it for everyone else to see. I should've done that but sometimes excitement outweighs my thought process.

Oh yeah, I owe you a kiss on the eye to makeup for that pinkeye you had last year.

Wendy~~~Never forgets a promise... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

9 Ball Girl
08-14-2004, 01:01 PM
PeeWee is funny. He wouldn't respond to Miguel because he's used to PeeWee. I had a good time with them all and the fun started when I was sitting with Edgardo, Alan, and Jason and we were watching PeeWee playing Tim Hale (yet another new bud). PeeWee wasn't getting any rolls and Tim was playing good and getting some rolls when I nudged Edgardo and told him "ese tiene mas leche que una vaca!"

DeannaMichelle
08-14-2004, 02:31 PM
Ya, Wendy's coolies.

*cough* Stay off the table. *cough*

Dea

9 Ball Girl
08-15-2004, 10:49 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote DeannaMichelle:</font><hr> Ya, Wendy's coolies.

*cough* Stay off the table. *cough*

Dea <hr /></blockquote> /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

CarolNYC
08-16-2004, 03:49 AM
Way to go,Wendy!
Who's better than her? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Im happy for you,Harold!
Carol

wolfdancer
08-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Harold, how 'bout dem PR basketballers?
Who wudda thunk??

SPetty
08-16-2004, 10:59 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote wolfdancer:</font><hr> Harold, how 'bout dem PR basketballers?<hr /></blockquote>Oh yeah, he's happy: http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=npr&amp;Number=151780&amp;page=0&amp;v iew=collapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=2&amp;fpart=1

Harold Acosta
08-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Until yesterday, many US Basketball players probably didn't know where the heck Puerto Rico was located.

Today, they may be redoing their geography lessons....LOL!

Harold Acosta
08-16-2004, 03:41 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote CarolNYC:</font><hr>
Im happy for you,Harold!
Carol <hr /></blockquote>

Carol, and I'm truly happy for your great finish at the Pechauer Northeast Women's Tour (11th Annual NJ State 9-Ball Championships).

Way to go Carol!