PDA

View Full Version : Need for intro video by female instructor?

Leviathan
08-13-2004, 07:29 AM
LivinGr8's recent posts about getting women interested in playing pool make me wonder whether Fran Crimi, or someone else, could do well with an instructional video aimed at women at the absolute-beginner level. Room owners could market such a video to their female customers and also make it available for viewing in their rooms.

AS

PQQLK9
08-13-2004, 07:36 AM
I have one by Eva and also one by Lorrie Jon Jones and Jim Rempe. I think Jeanette and Vivian also have tapes on the market.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-13-2004, 08:55 AM
I don't know if JL has one. If she doesn't she should. Or Allison.

Some women will tend to put more stock in what a woman says than what a guy tells them /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

woody_968
08-13-2004, 09:02 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr>
Some women will tend to put more stock in what a woman says than what a guy tells them /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

I dont know what would ever give a woman the impression that a man would ever lie to them /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Chris Cass
08-13-2004, 09:20 AM
That's easy Woody,

Men don't go to the bathroom with them. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.

Leviathan
08-13-2004, 12:46 PM
Sigh--looks like I've missed the boat again, Nick. Thanks for the info.

Pushing the discussion just a little, I think that managers of--let's say--sports bars ought to have instructional tapes going all the time, and that they should be playing some tapes that help women get into the recreational game. Tell you what: if I managed a sports bar that had pool tables and I saw two or three or four women sitting down for a light lunch and a drink, I'd be right there passing out complimentary table-time cards and inviting them to come in for a group lesson. You want business, you promote!

AS

SRpool
08-13-2004, 03:07 PM
I know there is going to be a "beginner" video/dvd by Ewa Laurance that is offered by Brunswick. It has some intro level stuff along with a couple trick shots and table maintenance.

I can't remember the date that it becomes available. I will check it out and let everyone know.

Sarah

SPetty
08-13-2004, 04:45 PM
There's also "Cue up with the Pros" that was put out by WPBA years ago. It's short clips by a bunch of different female pros teaching different things.