PDA

View Full Version : How do you miss a shot like that?

Wally_in_Cincy
08-13-2004, 08:16 AM
I've been playing pretty well lately. I am able to hold my own with most of the APA 5's in the league. Monday I was playing a guy I had played a couple of times but I had never beat him. Race to 4 and he snaps the 8 in the first game. No problem I figure. We then traded games and he had me 2-1.

He came up dry on the break and I'm looking at a possible runout. All I had to do was carom the 6 off the 1, sending the 1 into a makeable position. I ended up missing the 6. I sent it straight into the 1. How do you miss a shot like that? /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

I ended up losing 4-2.

Since it's Friday, for a humorous topic, what's the stupidest shot you ever missed, where you walked away shaking your head saying "How do you miss a shot like that?"

http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html

START(
%AY7D0%BJ5W5%CR0J2%Dk2W5%El3J9%Fb1K6%GG6H1%Hn2N3%I g3E1%JF7N6
%KZ0N7%LJ5N2%M\9S9%ND5R2%OS2T7%Pj7R6%U\2D7%Va1J6%W c5M3%Xh9Q8
)END

Chris Cass
08-13-2004, 08:39 AM
Hi Wally,

Mark Wilson missed this shot against me and it cost him the set.

START(
%AZ8G3%B`7V0%CN2T6%DL7N1%EE1L7%FO9S9%G`6M6%HF8J5%I D7D3%PW6K7
%eC0a6
)END

http://endeavor.med.nyu.edu/~wei/pool/pooltable2.html

I'm sure he forgot it but I never will. He was thinking about the cb rather than the shot at hand and that's even more unbelieveable for him. I swear I can see it as if it were yesterday. Great player and great instructor. Taught Baracks everything he knows. Grab a lesson if your ever in St. Louis.

I've done and seen worse but it's all in the game as they say. lol

Regards,

C.C.~~trying to think of my last brain fart??? need to choose one. lol

Wally_in_Cincy
08-13-2004, 08:53 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> ...I'm sure he forgot it but I never will...<hr /></blockquote>

CC, my misses are seared into my brain. There are at least a half-dozen that I will never forget as long as I live /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

woody_968
08-13-2004, 09:06 AM
I have too many dumb misses to list, but I can tell ya that some of them envolved ball in hand /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ragin1
08-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Straight in shot from side to side, off the tit cross side into the 8. Tuesday nite. Unfreakinbelibible. /ccboard/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Chris Cass
08-13-2004, 09:18 AM
Leave them tits alone.

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif well, looks like I'm not the only one that refers to them other than points. points are in a cue. lol

Cueless Joey
08-13-2004, 09:30 AM
START(
%Ia3I7%Pd6R7

)END
Hell, Varner missed this against Sigel for the win.
He misses it so bad, the two balls ended up frozen near the foot spot. Sigel whacks the frozen balls and makes one jump off the table (he was livid).
One guy missed this against me. It devastated him after.
START(
%Ir1Q8%Pq1J0

)END

Wally_in_Cincy
08-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Joey, Jimmy Wetch will never forget this one /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

START(
%H[6J7%Ir1Q8%PZ8R5%W[7D6%X[7I4%b[8Z5%c[8L3%dZ8Q1
)END

Makes the 8 and draws the CB back into the side.

Against Efren in the 1995 8-ball final. I think you said you were there.

Cueless Joey
08-13-2004, 11:02 AM
I wuzz there.
When I saw the video, I could hear myself in the background screaming holy sheep!
That was unbelievable. Efren ran the whole rack and hooked himself on the 8. Masse's and misses.
Jimmy runs the whole rack and scratches on his last ball.
Efren gets ball in hand for the 8 ( Jimmy scratched on his last stripe ball). Wins the tourney ( back to back world 8).
Efren played a great match against The Miz earlier. The Miz got out of his chair two times. Once when Efren missed the 8. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
The shot was more like this.
START(
%HM3D5%I[5S9%P[8H0%W[7D6%X[5R2%b[5[8%c[8H6%d[6H7

)END

Chris Cass
08-13-2004, 12:37 PM
Oh Wally,

I watched that match on tv too. It was horrible. Jimmy still has to remember that shot. It was not only the shot but he had a chance to win that match. Everyone just growned.

I think Jimmy must have felt so nervous and wanted the guarentee the ball would come back. In reality if you'd ask Jimmy today, I think he would tell you that, you don't need to get perfect to win. He could have made that ball from 1/4 the distance. The guy can cut balls like nobodys business and that was a mind blower.

Great match and I wanted to see my close to homeboy win. Jimmy is a good guy and I enjoyed meeting him and playing in a small mini tourney with him.

He toasted me but was really nice about it. He even offered me to take a hit with his Cog. After talking about his 314 shaft on it. I thought that was great.

Regards,

C.C.~~misses shots that could be concidered childs play. Goes to show, do your thinking standing up. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rod
08-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Wally,

If it helps I missed one like that sometime ago. It's been so long but I think I had quite a bit more angle. You know it's crazy stuff we do at times. You'd have to hit that one ball real bad for the six not to go. I guess missing it completely is real bad too. LOL

All is not lost though, the one still goes or play position for a carom. Sometimes we get so frustrated our thought process fails after what was suppose to be a good opportunity.

Having said that, I think the last tournament blooper I managed to mangle was this. First match of the tourney, I had 9 games on the hill to 10. My opponent had 5 games going to 8.

START(
%FS2M8%GH9Z5%HD8X6%Il1E7%P_2W1%UG0D6%Va9Y1

)END

The shot was no big deal but when I set up I knew my alignment wasn't right. I set up just as it's aligned, right into the rail. That is real rare for me but it happened. Rather than getting back up I just gave it an in to out stroke, which I do using english at times. Problem was it never went in or out and I hit the c/b dead center. Umm also dead into the rail. Dam those straight strokes! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The missed shot, Ahh, I can write that off to stupidity and I did until I read your post. Thanks Wally, not. LOL
What bothers me most however, I lost first round in a fairly large tournament because my opponent run out the set. That's what I was doing until brain fart happened.

We win some and lose some, no big deal put it in the past. I'm sure there are more but I've forgot them all. And I ain't gonna try to remember them. Ha Ha It's just that this one is more current is why.

Rod

Cueless Joey
08-13-2004, 01:40 PM
Chris, what people don't know or remember from that match was Jimmy ran the first rack to the 8-ball.
What did he do to the 8-ball?
He slammed it and it rattled and went the opposite corner. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
START(
%BL7P8%CJ5O4%DL7N1%EM7P1%FK6P1%GK6N8%Hp6O6%IL7O4%J K6M5%KJ5P7
%LJ5N2%MK6Q4%NJ5R0%OJ5M0%Pl6X0%Us8K7%Vm2W4%Wr5D3%X p7O4%Ys0[8
%Zr6C2
)END
Jimmy slammed the 8 against the Miz too the night before.
Not a classy move imo.

nhp
08-13-2004, 03:44 PM
In the most recent Pechauer Tournament, I drew Dave "The Wave" Hemmah first round. I was playing really good against him, I had him down 3-1, and I broke and ran down to this shot on the 9-ball: START(
%A\0]1%B[7\8%C\0]2%D[7]1%E[3\4%F[2]0%G[6]0%H[5]1%IG1T3%J\0]0
%K[3\8%L[3\8%M[2\8%NZ9\5%O[6]0%PG6D1%[G9R7%\G6D9%]C9X7%^F6U0
)END

and dogged it by overcutting it. After that I wasn't able to reset myself, I ended up losing 9-3. Dave never gave me a chance after that. After winning two matches on the loser's side, I drew Ismael "Morro Paez and lost to him 9-5. Morro went on to win the whole tournament.

Chris Cass
08-14-2004, 01:33 AM
Hey Joey,

That was all perception. Jimmy was $hitting a brick playing those legends. I could tell the way he was playing and especially that shot against Efren. I think if he did win they'd need the paramedics. LOL

I agree with the slamming looks very bad. You know what they say about players that shoot fast and hard? They can't shoot straight. Jimmy isn't one of them but I do believe he was very nervous. That could be a very prominant reason.

Regards,

C.C.