PDA

View Full Version : Best cuemaker

05-11-2002, 11:12 AM
Who do you feel is the best living cuemaker and why?

Cueless Joey
05-11-2002, 11:19 AM
Tad for big named cuemaker. His cues value just keeps rising. They are well constructed, pretty and hits very well.
For smaller named makers as far as playability, I nominate Zylr and Ed Pruitt.

MikeM
05-11-2002, 12:49 PM
If it's artistic value your talking about I would choose Richard Black. If it's playability, you'll probably get as many opinions as there are cuemakers. I prefer Schon or Espiritu. There are a lot that I haven't tried yet.

MM

Voodoo Daddy
05-11-2002, 02:53 PM
Cueless Joe, do ya live on the west coast? I would say so cosidering your choice are all out west and they are all great but it is all a matter of opinion...here's mine. Ernie G. at Gina Cue makes the best rod out west...Dennis Searing covers the east coast and Mr. Stroud covers the central states with Joss West. But Gus Szamboti was the best ever with the tools he had to work with compared to today. If he or G. Balabushka were alive today...we probably wouldnt be having this debate.

Voodoo...knows the value of one's opinion

BLACKHEART
05-11-2002, 04:33 PM
Being a Qmaker myself, doesn't make my opinion better or worse than anyone elses, but I do have 4 favorites. Two of my Qmaker favorites, who make beautiful Qs, that also play great are Ernie Gutierrez & Joel Hercek. As far as pure artistic beauty I have 2 that I hold in the highest respect. They are Thomas Wayne & Dave Doucette(Samsara Qs)...JER

cueball1950
05-11-2002, 08:36 PM
definately a paul dayton....he is the only cue maker i know of that still cuts everything in by hand. he uses an exacto knife still. no computers or anything like that..and i know paul thornley from canada whom i respect greatly just visited paul and bought one of his cues. he absolutely loves the hit...........mike

Cueless Joey
05-11-2002, 10:58 PM
Well add Samsara to my list. I just bought a nice one from Scott Lee. Beautiful cue and Scott shoots with one. Of course, Scotty's is worth $4K.

BillPorter
05-12-2002, 07:17 AM
For a combination of beauty, playability, and collectibility, I would pick Billy Stroud. Wish I still had the one that was stolen from me about 20 years ago.

05-12-2002, 02:19 PM
I think Capone Custom cues are the best hitting cues ever. They hit so smooth and work like magic that is why i pick Capone

Harold Acosta
05-12-2002, 02:28 PM
No one will ever know who the best cue-maker is. Want to know why? Because you will find countless opinions on this subject. What is good or great for one person, may be junk for another and vice-versa. You want to find a great cue? Hit with a couple of your friends cues. Find out what tip they have, weight, diameter, etc. Write the info down, and try another cue. Not many custom cues in your area? Try visiting a Billiards Expo. You will find cuemakers willing to let you try their product. This is the only and best way to find your "dream" cue, and no one will be able to change your mind that you have found the "best cue-maker" in the planet!

Enough said!

~ Don't ever consider a Predator as a good cue, these are definitely pieces of crap wood put together......