PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Amateur Regionals

UWPoolGod
08-13-2004, 08:53 AM
Just got the packet in the mail with all pertinent information regarding the regional events for the U.S. Amateur (http://www.poolplayers.com/usam.html) . I will be playing out of the Cue Ball in Salem, OR September 18/19. Only 29 players signed up for this regional which really surprised me. I only recognize one player who I have played a number of times. Should be a fun experience.

Anyone else playing in a different regional location?

Chris Cass
08-13-2004, 09:26 AM
Hi PG,

I have heard of Henery Brotd (sp) but don't know him. I know Tina Larson though. She plays pretty sporty and will tell you that too.

Regards,

C.C.

Wally_in_Cincy
08-13-2004, 10:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> Hi PG,

I have heard of Henry Brodt but don't know him. <hr /></blockquote>

He's from Chicago.

I'm surprised you don't know him. He has at least 2 amateur (APA) 9-ball titles. He always played with John Abruzzo and Larry Schwartz on a Masters team called the Pour House that always places high at the BCA 8-ball team nationals in Vegas.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> I know Tina Larsen though. She plays pretty sporty and will tell you that too.
<hr /></blockquote>

I met her in Peoria. She's a sweetheart.

Chris Cass
08-13-2004, 12:51 PM
Hi Wally,

I know of him and I know what he looks like and I am good friends with John Abbruzo. I know Larry Schwartz and have played him some before. I just have never really met the guy before. I think I have played in some events that he might have been at too? Just saw a pic of him. He plays a lot of those Greylake tourneys that Karabotos' puts on. Does well too as I can see many times coming in 4th. bested by Nevel, Baracks and Sargent. 4th is right there so I can see him winning. That's within striking distance and could very well come down to one shot or one roll.

Regards,

C.C.~~never met Duaine Tuula either. he plays a lot of tourneys too out here. /ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Regards,

C.C.

BoBB
08-13-2004, 03:04 PM
I looked on the website and didnt see dates for the particular locations, are they the same at all locations? Sep 18th and 19th? I would love to play in an event like that, closest one to me is quite a road trip away though :P Need to find out where mountainview, CA is ... anyone know?

Tom_In_Cincy
08-13-2004, 03:19 PM
Awarded to the Winner of each of the divisions.
Men and Women: /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Win Paid Travel, Lodging &amp; Entry Fees Into A 2005 Pro Event!
Take Home A Magnificent, Marble &amp; Bronze Trophy!
Receive A Custom, Personalized Jacket!
Receive 1-Year Free Membership In The APA!

No money. I guess that's what they mean by 'amature'
status. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Good luck Todd, I'm sure you will be more than competitive.