PDA

View Full Version : Auerbach and Blackheart Custom Cues

shoutout33
08-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Who has tried both and which did you favor? Just want some honest feedback people that all. Not trying to start any flame wars or anything. JER pleased don't be mad, just want some 2nd opinions is all. Thanks again people. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

shoutout33
08-16-2004, 09:53 AM
63 views and no replies. ok, I understand, many apologies to anyone who I might have upset with this post. JER hope you're not mad at me because of this post. Thanks anyway fellas. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-16-2004, 10:05 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote shoutout33:</font><hr> 63 views and no replies. ok, I understand, many apologies to anyone who I might have upset with this post. JER hope you're not mad at me because of this post. Thanks anyway fellas. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Just because you didn't get any replies doesn't mean anything. There's less than a handful of folks here with Aurbach cues and maybe a half-dozen with Blackhearts and likely no one with both. So it would difficult for them to compare.

FWIW apparently Carol Clark plays pretty sporty with a Blackheart.

shoutout33
08-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Thanks Wally. I was starting to think I did something wrong by making this post. Appreciated the explanation. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BLACKHEART
08-16-2004, 02:41 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/confused.gifYou would have to do a whole lot more than your post, to make me mad. Some people buy &amp; sell Qs as often as they change their underwear. Others pick a Q &amp; stay with it for a lifetime. Most of us are some where in the middle. If you can find someone who has an opinion about my BLACK HEART Qs,good or bad &amp; it helps you come to a conclusion, as to what you want to purchase, than I'm all for it. You told me you had contacted about 12 Qmakers about making you a Q. You've e-mailed me several times &amp; phoned me 3-4 more times. As I told you before I've been making Qs since 1986 &amp; of all of those Qs,nearly all are still owned by the original owner. That's a fact that pleases me as a craftsman. NO OFFENCE TAKEN...JER

Kato
08-16-2004, 06:23 PM
That's why I couldn't answer. I own a Blackheart which about 30 CCB'ers will get to hit with in a few weeks (after I change tips, sorry JER, just can't play with the hard tips) and I've never even seen an Auerbach.

Kato

poolplayer1988
08-16-2004, 06:51 PM
I own an Auerbach, but have never played with a Blackheart, so I wouldn't even dare try to compare the two without at least hitting with the Blackheart. I will say, however, that the Auerbach is the best-hitting cue I have ever played with, bar none, and I have played with quite a few cues. Hey, maybe JER could send me a Blackheart and I can do a side by side comparison (wink, wink, j/k) /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif JMO

Doug Talbot
"the White Elephant"

SPetty
08-16-2004, 08:27 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote poolplayer1988:</font><hr> I own an Auerbach, but have never played with a Blackheart...<hr /></blockquote>I've seen an Auerbach and I've seen pictures of a Blackheart. They are both very attractive. /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif Glad I could help.

kenz54
08-16-2004, 08:47 PM
Spetty, do the pictures get along? lol

tateuts
08-16-2004, 08:47 PM
OK - I'm coming forward. I bought a new Auerbach from Parker a few years ago and really liked the way it looked, but the shaft was not fit to be a shovel handle. This shaft was a real stinker. In fact, it was the worst shaft I've ever played with - as dead as a doornail. I wasn't aware that such a thing was even possible. It was like trying to ride a bicycle with flat tires!

I had it re-tapered, had a different ferrule and tip put on it, even had the cue re-weighted, but nothing helped. I even complained to John Parker and never even got an answer.

Maybe I just got a dud, but I can't believe an experienced cue maker would send out something like that. I traded it to some guy for another cue. I didn't like the way the cue played.. When I asked the guy by e-mail how he liked it, there was no answer.

I think his cues are better now - and I feel my expereince was unique after talking with others who like Auerbachs- that most people are happy with them.

Chris

CarolNYC
08-17-2004, 03:19 AM
Hi,
I dont know what an Auerbach is,so I can't compare!
I have my Blackheart(and I love it cause its MINE) and use to play with a Helmstetter-compared to the Helmstetter, my Blackheart has a kinda solid/soft hit-if your ever at a tournament, your more than welcome to try it! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol

poolplayer1988
08-17-2004, 05:20 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr>I even complained to John Parker and never even got an answer. Chris <hr /></blockquote>

I haven't known John very long, but that doesn't sound like him at all. He's been nothing but super-nice since I've met him. Have you tried talking to him recently? Or has it been so long ago that he probably wouldn't remember the sale? Couldn't hurt anything to try again, could it?

Doug Talbot

tateuts
08-17-2004, 09:55 PM
Doug,

I did it by e-mail. I got the impression a lot was going on there. Like I said, I think things are different now and his newer cues are better. I didn't really want to say anything because I truly think my experience was not the norm. Would I call him now about it? No, I traded the cue and got a fair trade for it. Would I want another one? I entertained the idea but talked myself out of it.

Chris

bluewolf
08-18-2004, 05:39 AM
There are lots of good cue makers out there but how they treat their customers is very important. With good cues to choose from, IMO, I would choose one with good customer service. Jer is a nice person to deal with in addition to producing a very good cue, which means a lot.

Jer makes a nice, mid weight cue and his custom work is beautiful. I have had two. One I still have and one I had to sell because it was too heavy for me. Hated doing it though because it was beautifully done.

Last I checked, Jer had about a year waiting list, which tells you something about the popularity of his cues. His charges are also very reasonable compared to other cuemakers.

I have never shot with the other cue mentioned, but if the guy gives crappy customer service, I would not give him a second glance. JMO

Laura