PDA

View Full Version : Any players in Portland, OR?

bsmutz
08-13-2004, 03:59 PM
Hi, everyone! I'm a newbie here. I've been browsing your posts for a couple of weeks and find this to be the most active and interesting pool forum that I've come across yet. I've been playing pool off & on for over 30 years. I played quite a bit recreationally from about 19 to 26 or so and then have only played occasionally since. This past year I finally bought a pool table and dove in head first, realizing that pool has always been my favorite activity and that I never spent enough time at it to be as good as I knew I could be. Anyway, I've been playing/practicing for the past several months and have made a lot of progress. I'm no pro by any means and am not really looking to become one nor do I really like playing in tournaments. It is a lot more fun to play with other people, though, so I'm looking for someone in my area that would be interested in getting together once in a while to play a few games. I love to play snooker as it is more challenging and really makes you concentrate more, but enjoy 8/9 ball, straight pool or any other game (would like to learn more about one pocket). Anybody interested? I live in SW Washington, Vancouver area but can drive to Portland to play. Post here or send an e-mail.
Thanks,
Bill