PDA

View Full Version : Meucci Original 1

poolball
08-14-2004, 10:15 PM
Can anybody tell me honestly about how much a Meucci Original 1 pool cue with a gold shaft ring and an ivory butt would be worth? I'm not sure how old it is though... /ccboard/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

tateuts
08-14-2004, 11:14 PM
Before I answer that, I need to identify the cue.

Please go to this site and identify the model number:

http://www.budgetcues.com/archive/

I've been pretty good on my Meucci values, but I really missed on an old Schon. It was a plain jane 1980's early Schon in great shape. I figured it was worth $400 and it only sold for $255.

Kind of embarassing, really.

Chris

Chris Cass
08-15-2004, 02:04 AM
I paid $300. for my old MO-8 but I shot 10 yrs with the MO-4 and sold many of them. I think they were the best cue Bob ever put out.

C.C.

poolball
08-15-2004, 07:35 AM
Honestly, its a friends cue and I don't know much about pool, but he said it was a Meucci Original 1, but he brought it to me this morning and it turns out it's an Original 0, or so it says around the butt of the stick. It looks most like the ST-4, but the finish is grey instead of brown on my stick. To be sure I'd have to be able to read what's around the bottom of that cue.

Thanks,
Tré

Chris Cass
08-15-2004, 08:08 AM
Yep,

That what my MO-4 looked like. Just a tad differnt in the ring but I'll never forget that cue or cues. I went up atleast 3 different weight sizes in that particular model. That cue was the nuts and if it's straight and the close inspection of the inside or the joint collors look like their not missing any wood. I'd buy that sucka. If I were you. BTW, mine had a grey finish too, well under the finish but mine had a red outside veneer along with another color I think? They came in a few different stains and that was only one of the ones I had.

The bottom butt plate will only say Meucci Original, it shouldn't give you the model #. JAT

Regards,

C.C.~~ /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tateuts
08-15-2004, 08:59 AM
He misidentified it because a collectors web-site he was looking at has it listed like that - referring to his own numbering system, not the model number. Here's the link:
http://www.discountpoolcues.com/meuccioriginal1cue.htm

OK - I have one of those too. Plain birdseye forearm (no points), the window inlays are maple, coated wrap, the old Meucci Originals logo (instead of the script). If yours has a brass joint screw, it is older, 1970's. All the colored material, joint collars, buttcap, ferrule, etc., are plastic.

These cues in excellent condition routinely go for $150 - $175 because they are not fancy or famous. The brass pin seems to increase the value by $25 - $50 by dating the cue.

Like CC says, the one I have is solid as a rock and is thicker through the handle than newer Meucci's. The guy had an extra 14 mm shaft made for it with a wedge taper to the joint - I don't know what he used the cue for, maybe as a pry bar.

Chris