PDA

View Full Version : I need a rich backer

nineball33
08-14-2004, 10:16 PM
Me an 2 of my friends would like to open a pool hall in Texas but we are all poor. Ive been in the pool hall business for 15years an im tired of building up someone elses business. Im ready to go out on my own with my 2 friends an start my own pool hall.Any info would be helpfull
Thx.

tateuts
08-14-2004, 11:48 PM
I recommend this guy:

Backer, Mr. Rich (http://www.fastlarrypool.com/)

woody_968
08-14-2004, 11:51 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote tateuts:</font><hr> I recommend this guy:

Backer, Mr. Rich (http://www.fastlarrypool.com/)

<hr /></blockquote>

Something tells me he wouldnt go for being a silent partner /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

cueball1950
08-15-2004, 12:29 AM
Silent...He would never go for Silent. NOPE not now...not ever... loves to talk to much..............mike

cueball1950
08-15-2004, 12:46 AM
In all seriousness. Why anyone would ever want to open another pool hall in this day and age is beyond me. Unless you own the building it is almost a guarantee to lose. You have to figure the rent, is it going to be triple net, utilities, insurance. telephone, liquor licence or beer licence. Plus a slew of other things. Like getting rid of your trash, payroll for you and 2 friends.. A friend of mine was going to open up 1 here in troy. well he checked out everything in advance and came to the conclusion that it would cost him about $225.00 a day just to open the door.or if he did not open the door it would still cost him that much. And with more pool halls closing than opening every week. it is not a feasable endeavor. Unless you are going to produce something that no other pool room around you has to offer. Plus you will have the mortgage on the tables and equipment. Then on top of everything else. you have to repay the rich backer. So actually what you are doing is running the place for him anyway since he holds al the purse strings. If you do this i sincerely wish you all the best. But i had to help you get a hold of the reality of opening a pool room. The local room around here has been in business for over 40 years. 35 with the same owner. And he could not even get a loan from the bank where he has been doing business for those 35+ years....good luck if you open it...sory if you think i tried to burst your bubble. But i just had to ay something. i have been around pool halls way to long and seen way to much happen to nice people................................mike

Chris Cass
08-15-2004, 01:36 AM
If the bank won't give you a loan what makes you think anyone else will? You need to prove a profit on paper to present to anyone if your looking to go into business. A liqiuor liceince is what you'll need to make it in the pool hall business. Without that, you won't make it.

C.C.

PQQLK9
08-15-2004, 05:14 AM
I clicked your link expecting to see the "Donald" /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hmmm... probably not a bad idea. He could name it "Trump$ Money Ball"
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

tateuts
08-15-2004, 09:14 AM
When rents and energy were cheap, it was a different story. I question the feasibility of a lot of low margin storefront businesses in any going urban area.

Downstairs from my office (in Burbank, CA) there is a 7-11 type of convenience store. He has maybe 2000 square feet. This summer his electrical bill jumped to $1700 per month. Add that to his $6,000 per month ground floor rent, and he can't afford to pay employees.

He is struggling to stay open, running up his credit cards, and killing himself.

Chris

ceebee
08-16-2004, 07:10 AM
Some Pool Halls are doing well. Magoos, The Palace, Sharky's and others in Tulsa are doing well. Some Pool Halls in Dallas &amp; Fort Worth are doing well too.

The style, just a room compared to Upscale, the costs passed on to the customer, comfortable seating &amp; playing are important factors. People want to be entertained, entertain them at a nominal cost &amp; you'll get their loose change.

wolfdancer
08-16-2004, 10:36 AM
Line forms on the right.....