PDA

View Full Version : I Miss My Dog....

nhp
08-15-2004, 04:55 AM
It's amazing how much happiness one can find in his/her dog. For the past 10 years, throughout all my life's ups and downs, my dog was always there. When I would come home after a bad day being upset, my dog would always run to me as I walked in the door, and bring my mood up. When I was lonely and depressed after I broke up with the only girl I ever loved, my dog kept me company and let me know that I was loved. My dog followed me around the house everywhere I went, for some reason, out of my whole family of 9 people living in my house at one time, my dog gave special attention to me.

My dog passed away a couple days ago. I felt more pain from losing this longtime companion than I did when I lost my first love. It was so sad to watch him die, I told myself I would never own another dog after that. It's just too hard to see them go.

Today I realized that my life is seems empty without a dog, so I am going to get a puppy from the animal pound, and start over. It's amazing how something so simple as a pet can make you feel loved, when the world outside can be so bitter.

I miss my dog.

sack316
08-15-2004, 05:15 AM
sorry for your loss there nhp... it really is amazing what a difference a loving pet can make. my "puppy" (she may be 16 years old now, but she's still my puppy) always seems to know when to be there. She won't live too awful much longer, but I moved out a few years back from my parents house and had to keep her there, and it sure is still sad not having her run to me when I get home, even now 5 years later. But you really should go ahead and get one from the pound or your local humane shelter, you can make as big of an impact on another dog's life as yours did for you.
Oh, and unfortunately I don't think about it much, but I think today I'll make a special trip to my parents house to visit... thanks for reminding me nhp /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CarolNYC
08-16-2004, 04:02 AM
Im sorry,nhp!
Yep, they are part of the family with UNCONDITIONAL love!
Carol~lost 3 and has one "boy" left to love!

Wally_in_Cincy
08-16-2004, 06:14 AM
That sucks man. Been there done that. I agree that getting a pup or a dog from the pound will be good therapy. You can save his life and in return he will give you years of companionship.

Kato
08-16-2004, 09:11 PM
Sorry for your loss man. I'm going to have to make a very serious decision about my old pooch in a very short time. She's been too good for me for too long to let her go much longer.

Kato~~~won't get another one but will visit my parents a whole bunch more.