PDA

View Full Version : full splice cue's

justbrake
08-15-2004, 09:26 AM
I have a couple of questions on full splice cue's I had posted a thread here before on best blanks ever! awhile back and found it pretty interesting what some had to say. this was the thread=

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=ccb&Number=137557&page=&vi ew=&sb=&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

my questions are=
1-what cue makers make there own full splice blanks today!
2-what cue makers buy there full splice blanks!
3-who do you think is the best at making full splice's now!
4-which blanks are out there that are available!
5-which blanks are hand made by cue makers today!
6-would you prefer a new splice blank cue or one from the pass!

I know it's alot of questions but it's all related to full splice's , anyway it's a good topic and very interesting reading when the cue makers come and speak on this also the cue enthusiast. /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Steven

Jimmy B
08-15-2004, 12:48 PM
Hercek does them and last year at VF there was a guy named Bear who does them. There are also others but right now most guys don't. On a related topic more then most guys can't tell the difference as to how a cue is spliced, why do you care? Do you plan on a wrapped cue or wrappless? What woods?

JB

tateuts
08-15-2004, 05:37 PM
Not many make full splice anymore except for sneaky pete's. These are good examples of blanks from Cue Components, formerly Barringer's.

http://www.cuecomponents.com/fuspcuebl.html

I really couldn't tell you if there is an advantage or disadvantage to this technique versus milled points, although I will say these blanks are very nice quality and provide the base for a solid playing cue.

My friend needed a thicker handled cue. Since these blanks are oversize we ordered a couple of these blanks and had a cue maker build two cues from them.

They make excellent sneaky pete's.

Chris

Fred Agnir
08-16-2004, 11:08 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote justbrake:</font><hr>
1-what cue makers make there own full splice blanks today!
2-what cue makers buy there full splice blanks!
3-who do you think is the best at making full splice's now!
4-which blanks are out there that are available!
5-which blanks are hand made by cue makers today!
6-would you prefer a new splice blank cue or one from the pass!
<hr /></blockquote> Joel Hercek makes his own full-splice blanks. He learned from Burton Spain, the premier full-splice blank cuemaker.

Other cuemakers are doing it or will be doing it soon, but it'd be tough not to say that Hercek is the current leader.

Fred