PDA

View Full Version : CarolNYC takes 3rd & Qualifier

Doctor_D
08-15-2004, 04:05 PM
CarolNYC has taken 3rd place and the WPBA Qualifier at the NJ State 9 Ball Championships this weekend at Herbert's Billiards in Secaucus, NJ.

Way to go Carol !!!!

Dr. D.

/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

pooltchr
08-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Congrats, Carol!!!
Way to go!!!
Steve

Leviathan
08-15-2004, 05:08 PM
That's great! Maybe Carol will give us a brief report?

SPetty
08-15-2004, 05:42 PM
Awesome Carol! You rock! Congratulations!

cueball1950
08-15-2004, 05:46 PM
Thats my girl. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif Way to go sweetheart. Everybody on here is so proud of you. Go get em. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif.................mike

cheesemouse
08-15-2004, 05:50 PM
Your getting tough Carol... /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Doctor_D
08-15-2004, 05:53 PM
Tough, would prove to be an understatement....

Carol remained on the "A" side of the chart until the match for the "Hot Seat" when Karen Corr sent Carol to the "B" side to face Val Finnie.

1st Karen Corr
2nd Val Finnie
3rd CarolNYC

Dr. D.

stickman
08-15-2004, 08:01 PM
Good weekend Carol!!! I'm happy for you. /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

BLACKHEART
08-15-2004, 08:09 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif This also qualifies Carol for a spot at the Albuquerque, NM WPBA stop, Oct 20-24. At 1st I thought it was the stick......,BUT IT MUST BE THE SHOOTER. I told you that good things happen, to good people...JER

Warren_Lushia
08-15-2004, 08:50 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Doctor_D:</font><hr> Tough, would prove to be an understatement....

Carol remained on the "A" side of the chart until the match for the "Hot Seat" when Karen Corr sent Carol to the "B" side to face Val Finnie.

1st Karen Corr
2nd Val Finnie
3rd CarolNYC
<hr /></blockquote>

great showing carol, i wonder who she took down in the process? kelly fisher?

warren..

PQQLK9
08-15-2004, 08:55 PM
Good showing Carol,way to go.

Rod
08-15-2004, 09:00 PM
Congrats young lady, I knew we'd be hearing more from you! Way to go Carol. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Rod

pooljunkie73
08-15-2004, 11:18 PM
Nice shooting, Carol. Keep up the great work.

Kent Mc.

CarolNYC
08-16-2004, 03:44 AM
Hey Everyone,
Thank you so very much!You guys are the best!Words cant express how much I appreciate your kind words and support and I hope to meet ALL of you one day!:):)

I would like to share some things-
In the past, I've had problems coming back on Sunday, due to the "I Have to win this"in my head,so I changed that to "I want this"which was more,from my heart!

I dont know if anybody has someone they call, but when I need to use a lifeline,ha ha ha, I phone-a-friend-and that friend is Tony Robles!He is my heart and soul when I play pool!:)So, if you ever see me on the phone at a tournament and would like to say 'hi" to Tony, be my guest!:):)

The tournament-well,this was a STRONG field tournament-it gets your adrenalin pumping:):):)-
Anyways, I would never portray myself as something Im not, so I have to mention my match with Morgan!
Morgan and I were the only two capable of grabbing the qualifying spot,so our match was very important because whoever won it,was guaranteed 3rd and the other would have to play two more matches for another chance--during our match, I hung up an 8-ball and jarred a 9-ball-at 6-4,me, Morgan runs the next 2 racks out beautifully,now we're hill-hill,she breaks and runs out the rack to the 9 and scratches-it was devastating!
Although I won, it was a bittersweet win,ya know what I mean?

On to Karen, I RACKED well,ha ha ha ha!I love the way Karen plays!
After that match, I knew I had the spot-I got what I wanted!

Okay, heres the silly moment of the tournament-anybody who knows me,knows Im pretty much happy-go-lucky off the table,but when gametime comes, I have the utmost respect for the game and my opponent-well,Karen left her chalk holder on the counter-I grabbed it and when our match was called, I held it up and said ,"I'll only give it back to you ,if you give me the 1-ball and out!" ha ha ha-it didnt work, but at least I tried!:):):):)

Once again,THANK YOU!
Stay well!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich R.
08-16-2004, 03:55 AM
Congrats Carol. I knew you could do it. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Cass
08-16-2004, 08:05 AM
Hi Carol,

Let me be perfectly frank with you. You my firend are going places. This is only the beginning and I think the your game has gone to new heights. I'm so proud to have met you when I did. I sort of feel like others probably do. It's like we're all there playing with you. Gosh, this is fun. /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

C.C.~~reasons to celebrate. YIPPIE... /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Barbara
08-16-2004, 08:20 AM
Carol,

You make my tournaments!!!

BTW Peoples!! Two pool playing women you DONT'T want to pi$$ off - Carol and Karen Corr!! HAhAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Carol - I still think you should've just worn Karen's chalk holder thingy and waited for her to realize you found it!! oh well - next time!!

Barbara

Barbara
08-16-2004, 08:34 AM
JER,

Yes, the Q was for the WPBA US Open in October.

Barbara

ras314
08-16-2004, 08:40 AM
Congratulations. I hope to get to watch you shoot at Sandia. Maybe you'll get another shot at Karen. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Melissa in CA
08-16-2004, 10:07 AM
Carol, What a good way to start a Monday. I logged into the forums and see that you spent the weekend kicking butt over on your side of the country! I am completely proud of you...and I can't wait to give you a big hug at the next event! Dinner is on me!

Love you much, Melissa

Wally_in_Cincy
08-16-2004, 10:10 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> Congratulations. I hope to get to watch you shoot at Sandia. Maybe you'll get another shot at Karen. /ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif <hr /></blockquote>

ras314,

If you possibly can, get to the tourney. You will have a good time and get to watch some great matches. Have you been there before?

Carol-NYC, sounds like you are hitting them pretty good. Nice work. It couldn't happen to a nicer lady.

Wally in Cincy &lt;~~ thinks Carol is cool /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

wolfdancer
08-16-2004, 10:25 AM
Jack, ~~ thinks Carol is hot!!!

9 Ball Girl
08-16-2004, 10:47 AM
Hi Carol! Good for you! I'm soooo happy for you and Brenda but you are really getting there ya know? I'm very impressed but not surprised at the way you're hitting them! Keep it up! And like you say, "You Go Girl!"

Psssst....I call Tony too whenever I get those pre match "jitters"! /ccboard/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Bob
08-16-2004, 10:58 AM
Congratulations Carol, you go girl!

Eydie Romano

woody_968
08-16-2004, 11:08 AM
GO CAROL!!!!
http://www.azbilliards.com/gallery/newtnjstate/Carol_Clark_03.jpg

Great to see you doing so well, keep it up!!

I have a friend that just told me she is going to play in a qualifier in MI I think, I hope to make a trip up to watch some matches. Any chance you are planning on going to that one?

ras314
08-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Wally,

I haven't been there, only about a 3 hr drive but always something else going on. Pretty well dropped the other stuff now so planning on watching this year. An added attraction with Carol-NYC. Intend to haul a camcorder along but not going to offer tapes on the board so as not to hack off the CCB Admin. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Wally_in_Cincy
08-16-2004, 12:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> Wally,

I haven't been there, only about a 3 hr drive but always something else going on. Pretty well dropped the other stuff now so planning on watching this year. <hr /></blockquote>

Cool. Have fun.

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> An added attraction with Carol-NYC. <hr /></blockquote>

You'll like her. She's a real pistol /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

<blockquote><font class="small">Quote ras314:</font><hr> Intend to haul a camcorder along but not going to offer tapes on the board so as not to hack off the CCB Admin. /ccboard/images/graemlins/frown.gif <hr /></blockquote>

Just offer 'em a cut of the take /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Scott Lee
08-16-2004, 02:58 PM
Carol...Congratulations on winning the qualifer entry!...oh yeah, and 3rd Place ain't too shabby neither! LOL Seems like you are playing quite well. I can't wait to see you play, and play some with you! When is the next event you're playing in FL?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com (http://www.poolknowledge.com)

CarolNYC
08-16-2004, 03:17 PM
Thank you for your good wishes!
The MI qualifier-is that Alice's tour? Michigan?If so, no, Im sorry-I try to stay in the Northeast,but please tell your friend I wish her the best of luck!
Take care!
Carol

CarolNYC
08-16-2004, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and I can't wait to give you a big hug at the next event! Dinner is on me!
<hr /></blockquote>
No, I can't wait to give YOU a big hug and dinners on me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Love you right back!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

dg-in-centralpa
08-16-2004, 03:27 PM
Way to go Carol! Keep this up and we'll see you in the top 10 very shortly.

DG - I'm betting on it

CarolNYC
08-16-2004, 03:29 PM
I am overwhelmed with all your responses and can't thank you all enough!
Im gonna try and post this one post and include you all!
Scott-I will be in Florida!

Chris-enough about me-now lets take all this positive energy and project it onto you-Im with you all the way! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich-love ya!

Barb-next time,ha ha ha!

Ras314-if you go to Sandia, please come and introduce yourself,okay? /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wally-If Im a pistol, your a "double-barrel" baby!!

Wolfdancer-Thank you and your name reminds of "Dances with Wolves" which is, one of my favorite movies! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wendy-your the best and arent we lucky to have a wonderful "phone-a-friend!"

Eydie-thank you 'BOB!"that cracks me up!

Again ,Thank you all!

Have a wonderful evening!
Stay well!
Carol /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CarolNYC
08-16-2004, 03:31 PM
Hey Duane,
I hope we still have a raincheck for Carmines!!!!
Thank you!
Carol

BLACKHEART
08-16-2004, 03:40 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gifHAY, if the purple haired girl is passing out hugs, I'LL TAKE ONE...JER

dg-in-centralpa
08-16-2004, 03:42 PM
You bet we do! I want to do that before you get too popular and don't have time for us little guys anymore.lol

Duane

Doctor_D
08-16-2004, 03:44 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote BLACKHEART:</font><hr> /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gifHAY, if the purple haired girl is passing out hugs, I'LL TAKE ONE...JER
<hr /></blockquote>

Good evening Jer:

Carol's hugs are the best... I have never met a woman who could give such a bone crushing hug... I love them and I just love Carol !!!

She is da woman and she is destined to earn her WPBA pro status...

Dr. D.

CarolNYC
08-16-2004, 03:48 PM
Duane,
That would NEVER happen -Im true blue! /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Carol~no one is little in my book!

CarolNYC
08-16-2004, 03:52 PM
Arghh,Jer,
Im sorry! I should've worded my response of trying to "include all SINCE my first one this morning!"
Everyone is just terrific-its unbelievable! Love you guys!
Carol~hope Jer got my phone call message YESTERDAY! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

BLACKHEART
08-16-2004, 06:09 PM
/ccboard/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I did get your message,that was great news...JER

Kato
08-16-2004, 06:20 PM
Carol is hot.

Everytime I talk to her she tells me that's what I think /ccboard/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kato~~~~snort

Vagabond
08-16-2004, 08:06 PM
Hey Carol,good going.See u in Albuquerque.Cheers
Vagabond /ccboard/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CarolNYC
08-17-2004, 03:23 AM
Vagabond,
Cappuccino's on me! /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Carol

CarolNYC
08-17-2004, 03:30 AM
RJ,my sweetie /ccboard/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
she tells me that's what I think

<hr /></blockquote>

So now, at 5:45 a.m.. I have to sing my special song, just FOR YOU:

" I think your gorgeous,I wanna date you..........chuckle,chuckle,snort,snort!"

Carol~would rather sing to RJ than wear a "ridiculous suit,for you!" ha ha ha /ccboard/images/graemlins/tongue.gif