PDA

View Full Version : Member list???

Cueless Joey
08-15-2004, 10:51 PM
http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showmembers.php?Cat=&page=1
Whattdahell?

highsea
08-15-2004, 11:00 PM
I posted about this in the Suggestion forum a while back. Looks like the spammers have landed.

-CM

Chris Cass
08-15-2004, 11:01 PM
LOL Yep Joey,

The had to put them somewhere. The only place they could I imagine. I was shocked a bit too when I first saw it. Now, I just wonder how many of these spams try getting into my stuff. No wonder my puter is always messed up. Thank God for Norton and now I've heard that we had a virus that goes undetected into our C drive.

Heide knocked them out. They had a teddy bear in the files and something else too. There were two files total. Don't know what it did but I do know it came from an email a friend sent to her from work or something. Unintentional but notified us of the problem. Sure enough we had it. If you'ld like I'll have her post back with this infomation.

Regards,

C.C.

Cueless Joey
08-15-2004, 11:25 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr> LOL Yep Joey,

The had to put them somewhere. The only place they could I imagine. I was shocked a bit too when I first saw it. Now, I just wonder how many of these spams try getting into my stuff. No wonder my puter is always messed up. Thank God for Norton and now I've heard that we had a virus that goes undetected into our C drive.

Heide knocked them out. They had a teddy bear in the files and something else too. There were two files total. Don't know what it did but I do know it came from an email a friend sent to her from work or something. Unintentional but notified us of the problem. Sure enough we had it. If you'ld like I'll have her post back with this infomation.

Regards,

C.C. <hr /></blockquote>
That's why I just Deep Freeze (www. Deepfreezeusa.com) my C drive.
My c drive does not save any changes unless I "unfreeze" it.
Too many crapware out there.

SPetty
08-16-2004, 08:11 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote Chris Cass:</font><hr>They had a teddy bear in the files and something else too. <hr /></blockquote>Hi Chris,

If this was the jdbgmgr.exe "virus", it isn't a virus at all. It's a fake email that lies to you and causes you to delete innocuous files.

From snopes.com (http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/jdbgmgr.htm) : "In this case the target file is JDBGMGR.EXE, a Java Debug Manager program used by the Microsoft Java runtime engine. This file is included as part of a standard Windows installation and is not a "virus." (The icon for this file is a graphic of a teddy bear. http://www.snopes.com/computer/graphics/bear.jpg )

If you deleted this file, don't sweat it JDBGMGR.EXE is only important to programmers who use Microsoft Visual J++ 1.1 to develop Java programs. Its absence will not cause your PC to stop working or interfere with your applications, so if you're not a Java developer, you don't have to worry about restoring it. Consider the experience a lesson learned about the perils of believing and acting upon unverified e-mail warnings."

Chris Cass
08-16-2004, 08:17 AM
Thanks so much SPetty,

I'll have Heide look at what you wrote. I'm not good with the Chinnese language. lol

Regards,

C.C.

Chris Cass
08-16-2004, 08:18 AM
Thanks Joey,

I'll have Heide check into this also. I like the word deepfreeze. Sounds like it's something we need. Thanks buddy.

Regards,

C.C.

moblsv
08-16-2004, 08:34 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote SPetty:</font><hr> so if you're not a Java developer, you don't have to worry about restoring it.<hr /></blockquote>

If you are a JAVA developer you should be using JAVA anyway, not J++.

Nobody uses J++ I'm sure that was why somebody thought it would be funny to start that message.