PDA

View Full Version : TO: CCB ADMIN 2

cueball1950
08-16-2004, 12:39 AM
you recently removed a post i had made about buying and selling tapes. That i can understand. I did not know i was breaking any rules. And i thank you for teaching me that lesson. now i have a question for you. Is not what Charlie Williams advertises the same thing. He is selling his POOL SCHOOL. Is that not a product also. Just like the tapes?????If they are the same then why are his posts never removed.????? I don't want to get into touble for this post but i had to ask the question. Is what Charlie Williams sells a product also? Seems to me it is......mike

Rich R.
08-16-2004, 03:45 AM
I would also like the CCB Administrator to consider that members, selling used tapes to each other, is quite different from the commercial selling of a product. There should be some distinction between the two practices.
JMHO.

SPetty
08-16-2004, 08:33 AM
I'm really not picking on you... If you "show all posts" by koreandragon, he hasn't posted about pool school in over a year. He rarely posts. I don't know why folks keep bringing him up as though he's a horrible person. Mike Janis and the Romanos post more advertising than koreandragon. (I'm not complaining!)

Admin isn't particularly careful about consistency. I've noticed that Admin is sometimes very heavy handed and too quick to act, while other times sits back and does nothing when something should be done. Sometimes Admin responds to complaints, while other times Admin ignores complaints.

I think it just depends on Admin's mood that day. I suspect if you posted the same type of post again, using perhaps a slightly different language, it would fly right on by. Either that, or you've done something else to upset Admin and you're in for it now!!! /ccboard/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Tom_In_Cincy
08-16-2004, 09:16 AM
Charlie Williams ads about his school offering is nothing more than SPAM. Unwanted ads that he doesn't have to pay for, or even ask permission. CW just populates the Pool Forums (like hammering signs on all the local pool hall doors, without permission)

When they show up on Inside Pool's forum, they are deleted immediately.

Fasteddy7
08-16-2004, 12:38 PM
Mike, I did not see your post. could you repost it to see what this is all about.

lol... jk of course

cueball1950
08-16-2004, 06:08 PM
i only used CW posts about his pool scholl as an example. not to bash CW. I was just trying to make a point is all. Now let me say this. I got a reply thru a pm from admin and they explained it to me more fully and in a positive light. So please let this post just die a natural death and lets all get ready for the Open.i am very anxious to meet all my new friends..................................mike

eg8r
08-17-2004, 07:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I got a reply thru a pm from admin and they explained it to me more fully and in a positive light. So please let this post just die a natural death and lets all get ready for the Open. <hr /></blockquote> Mike, while I totally respect your desire to let the thread die, it almost seems a bit unfair to the rest of us. You made the post, a legitimate post, and now after receiving a PM you just would like it to die. I guess the admins don't want their reply posted for all to see.

eg8r &lt;~~~wonders when the next instance will happen and the admins try to again secretively deal with it

bluewolf
08-17-2004, 10:16 AM
I remember two years ago here and selling personal stuff was pretty much tolerated. That would be like I just bought a custom cue and wanted to sell my old one.

When charlie came on here about his pool school last year, I remember that two week bashing he got. I also remember that the rules changed for the rest of us.

I mentioned that I had a cue that I wanted to sell {NPF} but I was chastized by ccbadmin and told that advertising was not allowed. Just like others had had the freedom to do in the past, I was just trying to sell one personal item, but it was no longer allowed.

So, yeah I know the feeling and sometimes feel that the old unmoderated days were better, even with all the trash and flames. It is kind of like comparing a 'eutopian' society where many personal freedoms are removed to a society with less rules, more freedom and normal, even sometimes irritating conflict.

We asked for moderation and in the minds of some of us, we got more moderation than we wanted.

Laura